ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio

well a few updates today with pictures while iv got some time...

dual optics..
7316_253730410289_826765289_8877559_6270940_n.jpg

wash and wax
7316_258782050289_826765289_8973689_2009107_n.jpg

New lights fitted..
7316_258788745289_826765289_8973761_6347484_n.jpg

Desperately needed CC bumpers should be coming tomorrow!
will post pics on the weekend.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._258788745289_826765289_8973761_6347484_n.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
getting there matey, color coded with make so much difference!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just slam it, dont bother coding like evry1 else does, black bumpers againt black/silver wheels and red body = win

Black Clio GT
colour coding bumpers and side strips can be done later but imo red and black looks cool
if coilovers are a no go then get some -60mm springs for about £100, the standard shocks prob wont last as long as if it wasnt lowered but you can always get the shocks later and avoid pot holes.........

Got ur bumpers on yet mate?

well the back one came last week but the front didnt come til weds, so am planning on getting some new plates tomorrow, get the bumpers on on sunday, and should get some front fogs and a splitter sorted in the week :cool:
sportlines wont lower the car enough. should look in to getting coilovers or at least some 60mm springs
cant really be affording coils at the minute mate, got my wage for last week from my part time job - 25 quid lol so if i went down the 60mm route it would cost me new shocks eventually...
colour coding bumpers and side strips can be done later but imo red and black looks cool
if coilovers are a no go then get some -60mm springs for about £100, the standard shocks prob wont last as long as if it wasnt lowered but you can always get the shocks later and avoid pot holes.........
red and black was what i was after really and i think the side strips and the black on the CC bumper wont bother me at all being how they are, same as above really i just cant be dealing with spending on shocks as well..
also my suspension has settled so much just recently after the alloys were put on!

172 Ph1
looking really nice fella , cant say im a fan of the lights thou, keep the pics coming it will look nice when its slammed

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looking great! Get some front fog lamps asap to clean up the front! :) Cant wait to see it slammed... :approve:

bought them off ebay, from Germany, didnt realise how much they stick out, but couldn't send them back because they didnt speak a word of english.
I really liked them when i got them but i think il probably change if its easy enough.
Just thought 30-40 quid could be better spent elsewhere really before i start revising the car without finishing it.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Coming along nice mate. Get rid of the horrid rear lights. Even standard painted red to make them glossy. Then paint the grey parts of the new bumpers gloss black and drop it loads!

Once it's slammed you'll be able to see what other mods need doing, its alot easier.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
The conversion from Mk2 Ph1 to Mk2 Ph2 Rear clusters is relatively easy, its simply a case of 2 of the lights being the wrong way round, snip the positive going to both and swap em round IIRC. No more than a 10minute job with a soldering Iron and some Heat Shrink and would make the biggest improvement to the car (IMO)

As you are on a budget my sudgestion would be to focus on the cheaper mods but do them correctly, for example When I started on my clio 5 years ago I wasted so much money just getting a temporary exhaust or temporary springs or w/e now I wish i'd waited and spent the extra money and just got the best from the start but I guess we all learn from our mistakes.

Now get rid of that rear cluster and get some ph2 in there ;)

Cheep mods u could do for now.

Lose the rear wiper. £0.00
-60mm springs ~£50.00 on fleabay.
Clear side repeaters £5er from a scrappy.

Other thing I would do is take the plastic parts off and give a go @ spraying them, what's the worst that could happen u need to visit the scrappy and replace them for £5 ;) just make sure you take the time with Prep work, the finish is ALL about the prep.

Regards Dean0

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looking good, Loose the rear lights for the Ph2 lights and a bit of lowering and you will be on to a winner

The conversion from Mk2 Ph1 to Mk2 Ph2 Rear clusters is relatively easy, its simply a case of 2 of the lights being the wrong way round, snip the positive going to both and swap em round IIRC. No more than a 10minute job with a soldering Iron and some Heat Shrink and would make the biggest improvement to the car (IMO)

As you are on a budget my sudgestion would be to focus on the cheaper mods but do them correctly, for example When I started on my clio 5 years ago I wasted so much money just getting a temporary exhaust or temporary springs or w/e now I wish i'd waited and spent the extra money and just got the best from the start but I guess we all learn from our mistakes.

Now get rid of that rear cluster and get some ph2 in there ;)

Cheep mods u could do for now.

Lose the rear wiper. £0.00
-60mm springs ~£50.00 on fleabay.
Clear side repeaters £5er from a scrappy.

Other thing I would do is take the plastic parts off and give a go @ spraying them, what's the worst that could happen u need to visit the scrappy and replace them for £5 ;) just make sure you take the time with Prep work, the finish is ALL about the prep.

Regards Dean0

Cheers for that mate, Il get the clusters and lowering done eventually, probably around christmas time lol

MUCH better!
iv just remember i was menna get some pics for you o_O

haha ahh yea! id appreciate them if its not too much trouble!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looking good mate! id also put the ph2 lights in tbh and if i were you lower it 60, mine is lowerd 40 on 16s and i want it lower! try colour coding the black trim and stuff? lol, looks good tho mate ;)

Stu

J

JD4

Nice motor mate. nice too see a fellow 17 year old try summat different ona small budget. Not a fan of the lights either but heyy its your car soo who am i to judge. Keep up the good work:)