ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

270bhp Clio 172 cup with Audi TT engine

172 cup TT
Crikey not logged into Cliosport for a loonngg time, only just read the recent comments.

Cheech: thanks alot....

Danlp: cheers for the warning - the car is at the point now where its a great platform to go for some silly power but its all about time / money really. Possibly thinking of uprating all internals in the not too distant future ready to knock on the door of 400bhp late 300's.

Danny: the handling is good, i had to lose power steering in the conversion so its very heavy but have been working on this the past 6 months. The brakes are petty much standard for the 172 as they are good anyway, ive just made sure they are all working as they should by upgrading the lines, and using nice fluid with all new pads/discs allround.

Jordan: many thanks - Yes i was actually thinking of making a bit of a video for it, maybe like a promotional vid dunno.. bit of a laugh

Austin: thanks alot...

Will hopefully have an update when i get the time etc before xmas.. Cant believe ive owned her for almost 10 years now!.. Jesus..

No problem, I've changed a fair few rods on these now, I pulled one set out of an s3 that had bent them at 260lb-ft. the 300 safe margin is b****cks nowadays, they're getting weaker and weaker

172 cup
superb mate , few ppl have said to me about this conversion. just dnt have the time .great work though... my mates golf gti mk5 is running 260bhp .300 torque from the 2.0 tfsi and feels so quick . yours must be silly fast lol

172 cup TT
Danny: thanks alot - yes its pretty crazy at times. Hmm.. its not as BAD as you think. If you pootle around its actually not too bad at all.. When you really boot her though it is a totally different kettle of fish!!

Cander : cheers - yes its literally a tonne in weight so thats the real benefit. 270bhp nowadays isnt exactly set world on fire figures but almost 270 per tonne is quite nippy to say the least.

Noos: thanks

Welshname : thanks also... Yes a few people have commented on the front grille.. It seems to be a complete 50/50 split on likes/dislikes. I do think that i will get a 172 grille soon though as this one has lost a few clips and goes a little flappy! ha..