ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service......ouch!!!!!!!!! £££££

CTR EK9 turbo

£440 for alternator belt change (apparently a required change needing bumper removal!? takes 2 hours! yeah right!), oil change filters pollen filter(wheres that?! didnt know it had one).

Its having its service now but im gonna be dead poor afterwards. mailto:Bast@rd">Bast@rd!

Also they rang me telling me it needs a new exhaust (rusted!?) including centre section. "Its not a cheap part mate" coming in at £500 NO THANKS MATE! "ill replace it when it falls off" was my reply.

Is there a cheaper replacement exhaust i can get (devil? hehe) and have a non-big-bore-in-yer-face tail pipe possibly like the standard one cos i wanna sell it soon/cant be arsed with insurance hassles etc.

I dont want to pay £500 for a crap renault exhaust thats going to rust again (this is exhaust number 2 btw!)

Cheers in advance! a soon to be tramp, Si

K-Tec do a full system for a lot less than that.

How come its £440 for a belt change? 2 hours.. say £20 for belt? (Im guessing).. £420.. £210 an hour? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

if you wunna stay away from the boy racer looking tailpipes, go for magnex. They are quality replacments that are not to loud and last for ever! not much bigger then std, but enough to know its aftermarket.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

alternator belt on a 36k service? I didnt read that in my service book, is that right? (Mines due in a few weeks :cry:)

Our 36k service is coming up in 1000 miles or so at 31k due to the previous owner being annoyingly fastidious and getting his services done early. I dont want to pay £500!!!!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

If it IS that much everywhere, then my Cup will be gone well before that service is due...

Think yourself lucky - the 36k service on my 1.4 was £615.66, and on top of that it also needs new engine/gearbox mounts, exhaust mounts and rear shock absorbers which they wanted about £500 to fix.

Yeah a friend ov mine has just purchased an R reg 22B import with 400bhp.
A Service on that will right it off. The front bumber/valance is £2000

CTR EK9 turbo

OUCH!

Yeah guys i made the guy check the books and he went into another room, brought out some big booook with all the details in. £440 for 36k service and thats with no repairs. Alternator requires (according to them) front bumper removal etc. If it snaps it apparently can cause damage to other stuff (you must pay us lots of money etc etc etc) like cam belt - not sure how, but warranty will obviously be voided if i dont get it changed, and changed at renault garage too. Hey at least it will have a years warranty on the parts and labour. Or possibly not, because if you get something replaced under warranty and youve only 1 day left on your warranty and it goes bang in 2 days it wont have a years warranty according to SMC Renault!! haha- Jokers. Think they mustve got that wrong because im on gearbox number 4. Oh yeah and this latest gearbox (havent been driving like i used to) is leaking like an epsom valdez oil tanker.

Subaru Forrester

I had my 36K done earlier this year and it was approx 210 all done. No alternator belt change etc..., not needed until the next major at 72K (I had them check). This was at a Renault dealer too (Simpkins Sounthampton).

My exhaust has just fallen off and its 125 for a standard Renault replacement back end.

Change your dealer mate :eek:

My 36k was £237 inc VAT (paid by the cars previous owner), no belt, just the pollen filter/air filer/oil & filter plus Forte fuel teatment whatever that is!

CTR EK9 turbo

cheers for the replies guys. Thanks for the scan jonathan! makes me feel kinda justified in paying all that money.

didnt know they had pollen filters? where is it!? (mk.1s)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Yeah, the pollen filter is supoosed to be changed every 12,000 miles i think. I told them not to change mine because they arent cheap and the labour to fit is was a lot! Dont know where they are though!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 22 September 2003

None of you boys would nejoy running a scoob, £500 is considered a cheapy !
Hence why I went for a new Clio instead of a used Scooby...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

No pollen filter in a Cup (unless it has climate), but someone on here got charged for one at a recent service!

CTR EK9 turbo

hmmm. the pollen filter cost £14 for the part, not sure how much to fit.

The bill came to £399 so not quite £440, but still an almighty hole in my wallet! just gotta get out there and teach some more folks! anyone want any music lessons? flute? beginner piano? hehe (worth a try eh?)

Apparently my exhaust is on the way out - including mid and back box - aka a hole has been formed in the mid box and the back box mounting or something - i wasnt really listening, heard it all before. I just said il replace it when it drops off. Might sound quite meaty with it off, so i might leave it haha. (or maybe not)

Any ideas as to what exhast i could go for that would be a whole lot less than £500 for mid and back box. Dont really want channel tunnel 5 inch PECO as i said above, but maybe that Devil(?) one that someone was talking about for the mid box and a smallish rear (subtle) or even a stainless rear box that is the same as the renault part (but maybe a bit more throaty....?) Sorry im quite picky!

Ad

MK2 FRS

what about magnex??? £290 with P&P see advert in forsales section. Brand new.Fully stainless. Its what I intend to replace mine with.

ouch

my renault garage said it was £250 for the 36k service.. i wish i had go that in writing

especially as they charged me £104 for new spark plugs which is obviously usually part of the 36k service so erm my service will be £150 apparently......

yeah right.....

have u got the invoice si with the part numbers on it ????

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I thought the spark plugs were only replaced at 72k miles?

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi will, yeah i have the invoice. Which numbers do you need?

I thought they were only replaced at 72k also!

yeah sorry...

thats very true....

mine needed changing though ALLEGEDLY as it was misfiring and therefore failed its MOT on emissions..

plus they did in fact say they needed doing at 36k

and no, i cant a. change them myself as i do computers not cars and b. would rather someone else did it :) but not at 60 quid an hour :(

si... did they just change the alternator belt ??? or were there other belts ?