ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Clio Wheel Emergency

MK3 1.2 TURBO
Basically this is the situation:

I'm half way through a charity bike ride with a twist from Lands End to John O'Groats via the three peaks and the Great North Swim. Today our support vehicle (my mk3 Clio) has somehow got a buckled front NS wheel and shudders when moving. We are currently in the Windermere/Kendal area until Sunday morning with another 600 miles still to drive to JOG and then the 1000 miles back which I obviously don't want the car to do with the wheel as it is.

If anyone can help with either a couple of spare alloys and tyres they might have lying around or know of anyone who would be able to fix it either today or tomorrow it would be insanely appreciated.

Thanks

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Is it a tyre issue rather than the wheel?
Have you checked it out properly?

MK3 1.2 TURBO
Turns out that when I had the brake discs done a week earlier the wheel nuts hadn't been tighted properly so had shaken themselves loose. I was already aware of the alloy being a bit buckled but it hadn't been causing any issues so just panicked as soon as it started shaking. Thanks for the responses.