ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Few Shots Of My FN2 Type R.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Just a few pics of my fn2.Ive had the car for 2 years this month and its been a nice time.The car has never gone wrong or let me down once.I didnt manage to get any interior shots this time as the midwife turned up.
Yesterday was the first time i managed to give it a proper clean since christmas really so i thought i'd share a few pics.

Im not a detailer by any means so i washed it with a mit and some halfords shampoo.I then rinsed with a watering can and dried it with a chamois leather.After letting it dry in the sun for a couple of hours i used some maguires liquid gloss and then toped it off with some zaino Z6.Not being a detailer i can vouch for the maguires and the zano stuff its brilliant on red.I know christopher gets his best coloured car ever soon so chris,the zaino stuff is great on red.

Anyway here's a few shots i took on a shitty lumix hand held.

P1040622.jpg

P1040623.jpg

P1040624.jpg

P1040625.jpg

P1040626.jpg

P1040627.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I give these some stick, but they're a decent motor really.

That really does look superb though. Shame there's no 4-pot option for the front. It'd really finish them off.

Red cars FTW.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Also forgot to say it has the 19" rage alloys and GP kit which is the rear diffuser and front splitter in gloss black.It is also the GT model so it has the extras.

Thanks for the comments.

I must be getting old but I find myself more interested in the house than the car (no offense to the car btw) that your gaff? If so looks proper. I'd love a single let alone double garage!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yes its mine turkish and as you can see im not a massive petrol head but im a family man first so the house is priority.The civic to me looks the part,still modern and still catches a few looks and at the time with my budget was what ticked the right boxes.
Ill always go house first but ill try to pick something decent for what i can afford.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not going to lie... it's superb. I love the FN2 anyway, especially in Silver and Red.

Perfect example mate. Not lowered at all? Sits perfect even on the bone crushers!

That looks f**king excellent!

Great cars. Such an amazing engine and gearbox. GT-spec is pretty baller as well, and that GT bumper pack really finishes it off. Are you suffering any corrosion yet on the Rages?

Agreed, when one of the details on a wheel is a diamond cut/polished face to highlight against a darker part of the wheel painting the lot black makes it all look a bit pony/cheap IMO.

I actually think the design was so far ahead of its time, they look fresh now. If you'd never seen one previously, you'd be forgiven for thinking that is a brand new model.

Shame I had to cancel my order back in the day (same colour, same GT spec with Rages but no GT bumper pack - don't think it was an option then). Really nice car to be in.

OH and your house is amazing. I'd be proud rolling up on that drive of an evening :approve:

RS6 C7
A guy at work has just purchased the Mugen version, It's in white & looks superb,

I think are a decent buy second hand and i was tempted until i got an insurance quote!

RS Megane DCi 175
Sweet!
I so nearly bought Red, but went with Silver in the end - tough call!
Looks very tidy - love the GP kit, tis the only option mine doesn't have! I'd be interested to see how your Rage's are holding up too, mine are looking a little tarnished in places thanks to the polished finish. Would quite like a painted refurb if I'm honest, cut out the hassle. How is it for stone chips too Ian?

Love the gaff too btw!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sorry guys Ive been a little busy this evening.Right,Matt and Roy the wheels are starting to tire in places.Couple of crap winters and road salt and crap and its game over.

Dont know whether to anthracite the wheels or get them re-done??? also the Honda paint is weak and there are a couple of belters as in stone chips on the front.

Christopher,i will be attacking the garage at some point.It used to be the show house so the walls inside are already papered in white.The carpet is green so will be going.Would love to have the floor done in that black and white squares that they seam to do a lot in America,but dont know the cost.A good thing is that theres a gas fire in there,obviously from when the sales ladies used to sit in there.

Gally,the car is totally standard.I know this because the wife hit a brick in the road and bent the shocker and when i ordered a new one with spring they are all coded Honda front/rear.The 19's just sit lovely in the arches i think.

Thanks for all the comments on the house BTW.We were either going to move up to this or i was having an E90 M3

She won,but I'm glad i moved really.Hopefully one day ill sell for a big profit and downsize and enjoy retirement

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive never looked into whether there has been a house thread.I must do a search and post some pics.The garage is a must for a good clearout in the summer.

Garage that size and a heater is a perfect excuse for a kit car project and the Civic, who needs an M3 the current house/car combo is cracking mate.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Lovely motor mate!

Out of interest how big is your garage? Is there a dividing wall or is it one big garage?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hi danny,yes i moved from scotland when i was 6 or so.When the docks closed basically.I was born in east kilbride.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Got to say, I totally agree with Roy (for once).

When these came out they looked almost space aged, now they blend in nicely with other new models.

I'm not the biggest fan of the normal one, but the Type R looks so much more aggressive that I actually really like it. Also like the rare factor too.