ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Few Shots Of My FN2 Type R.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Love the look of the FN2 just a shame that there so much slower than the EP3 as per top gear LOL

But on a serious note love the FN2 if i had the cash i would think about swapping

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think clarkson actually killed the fn2 totally.A few months ago i had a blast on the M54 slip road with an ep3 up to silly speeds and there wasnt an inch in it.

I also like the look of the ep3,i'd have one no problem.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Same engine BHPetc the FN2 is only around 60 Kg more so would not be a big diff in performance( FN2 makes more power lower in the rev range )

The only thing is how is the rear suspension is it as bad as it has been madeout to be ???

I think clarkson actually killed the fn2 totally.A few months ago i had a blast on the M54 slip road with an ep3 up to silly speeds and there wasnt an inch in it.

I also like the look of the ep3,i'd have one no problem.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Same engine BHPetc the FN2 is only around 60 Kg more so would not be a big diff in performance( FN2 makes more power lower in the rev range )

The only thing is how is the rear suspension is it as bad as it has been madeout to be ???

I thought the weight difference was 40 something kg's,not to sure though.

This is a little video of the championship white edition so it has a limited slip diff,but all type r's after 2009 have them anyway so listen to what chris harris has to say.
The good stuff starts at 3.00 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
I must be getting old but I find myself more interested in the house than the car (no offense to the car btw) that your gaff? If so looks proper. I'd love a single let alone double garage!

Ditto to this. Proper jealous of your double garage. A roomy garage is my only request when the mrs asked me about looking for a house.

320d
I must be getting old but I find myself more interested in the house than the car (no offense to the car btw) that your gaff? If so looks proper. I'd love a single let alone double garage!

Me too. Must be the Building Surveyor (student :( ) in me.

The CTR is lovely. Such a good looking car. Clean too.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I live in telford in shropshire.And yes the wheels look really well on it.

@chris 786,yes a double garage was one of my top priorities.Also the bathrooms,kitchen and conservatory had to also be done.

We waited ages for it to come up as we were only 1 mile down the road.All the work has been done in the last 3 years as we used to see the works vans on the drive.We did actually think with all the work being done that it wouldnt sell anytime soon.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Family in glasgow and kilwining(sp)

My uncle is called gordon bennett(you could'nt make that name up) and he runs a roofing company,one of the larger roofers in glasgow.

My auntie also works for a roofing company called breen roofing,think the guys name is pat.?

After EK mum and dad moved us near hamden football club.Kingspark avenue was the name of the road.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Lovely mate, Looks really really fresh! Makes me miss mine a little bit!

As per the EP3 comments, down to the driver completely, like comparing a 172 and a 182.

Ridiculous how cheap you can get an FN2 for now IMO, so much car for the money and the interior I still think is by far the best of any other car for the money.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The interiors are streets ahead of pretty much anything this side of 30k.

a01-1.jpg

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Looks awesome mate, its the red version of mine. Have you upgraded the headlights to HID? I did and so much better. I have also lowered mine 30mm on the rages and it sits perfect and ride quality is no worse than before.. Dare I say it actually improved. A couple of crappy pics of mine. I am led to believe my rages have been refurbed by previous owner. I had quite big plans for this car when I got it but I think all they need is the GP/GT and lowering. As said earlier in the post they still look fresh today, much more so than anything else of the same age imo!

ef455478.gif

98f5a247.gif

607e8167.gif

a79e8f75.gif

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks good scoot,and yes wheels have been done on your car.They look more silver.Is the face of them still polished.?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I think they are just silver now, was considering getting them done gun metal grey but they look pretty good as they are. Polished wheels never wear well. I had an E46 M3 prior to this and they looked horrendous and not cheap to fix either. I ended up buying new wheels as restoring them to factory condition would have cost around £100 a wheel!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ah i think when mine go a may go anthracite.Once you start doing them they never go right.

Another option is to look over on civinfo for a set of refurbs,then just sell yours on and put a couple of hundred towards the new set.

Just an idea.?

Swift Sport
I wasn't expecting to like what I was going to see, but I did! Very nice! ...And yes, your house is rather splendid too!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thanks ste.There are a few nice touches to my car that make it stand out a little,i think thats the difference.

Dont forget im only 20 mins away if you fancy a photoshoot.Telford is only round the corner from cannock.

Swift Sport
Thanks ste.There are a few nice touches to my car that make it stand out a little,i think thats the difference.

Dont forget im only 20 mins away if you fancy a photoshoot.Telford is only round the corner from cannock.

Indeed it is, I was at JT Hughes today getting mine serviced.