ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Affixing bullets after some c*** riiped the originals off....

Fabia VRS & Yeti
.....ideally with a concealed dose of Anthrax/ Ricin hidden inside for them next time! I searched before but theres a few bullet threads..
A while back some c*** ripped off my bullets and the retaining clips were snapped off, what can I use to stick the new ones (kindly painted by Nathj) back on? will some Evo-stik do the jobor will I need some kind of other sealant? My DCi badges didn't last the journey to work:(

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Thats my only worry, although my front diamond has mach 3 razors bluetacked to the back of it so they'd probably smash a window in anger but might think twice about doing it again!

I assume you mean the new bullets have the clips, but their corresponding parts on the rubbing strips are damaged?

Silicone sealant, maybe?

Good clean first, then just a few blobs. Enough to hold it, but not so much that neither you anyone else would ever be able to get them off.

Sticky pads or double-sided tape would be easier to remove at a later date, but with something like the above you'd be able to press the bullet down just the right amount onto the rubbing strip.

And I'd rather have to deal with removing silicone sealant in the future than any kind of glue.

E46 M3
One of mine was siliconed on by the previous owner, was a right pain to get off. Now its stuck on with foam pads which has worked just fine.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
hot glue gun

my old E30 had the badges stuck on with no more nails (normally just 2 pins in rubber grommets!) they were £25 for front and £40 for back :(

One of mine was siliconed on by the previous owner, was a right pain to get off. Now its stuck on with foam pads which has worked just fine.

Guess it depends how much you use. Sticky pads are a 'set' thickness - so no adjustability, but I suppose it they're the right thickness and in the right place.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I assume you mean the new bullets have the clips, but their corresponding parts on the rubbing strips are damaged?

Yep thats what I meant, the retaining clips on the rub strips were damaged during the theft.
Any old silicone sealant? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere about some type of marine sealant?

I'd have thought any of the usual stuff would do - http://www.screwfix.com/prods/35887...l-Purpose-Sealants/NN-GP-Silicone-Clear-310ml

Probably best to take the rubbing strips off first. Make sure the surfaces are clean. Don't think you'd need to 'rough up' the surfaces or anything, bathroom surfaces are always smooth and shiny. Keep it away from the edges so it doesn't squelch out.

I'm thinking silicone sealant because you never know how glue may react to the paint or plastic. Sealant can be a pain to pick off if you need to, but it's what I'd use.

P.S. Nowt to do with me if they fall off ;)

clio mk2 1.6 16v
lol at the mach 3 razors blades, they would be in for a big surprise lol and yeah id just use clear strong sealant behind it, few blobs in the middle and a strip around in the inside about 5mm from the edge job done!

Dodgy one
I used numberplate tape on mine, Not the cheap s**t. 3m stuff, good degrease 2 layers to get them to sit right, stuck them on.

Them f**kers are going nowhere! i've tried