ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Courier - Came across this about Paisley Freight Services

BG 182
Got all this from here, thought it was worth sharing http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Alloy-Whe...isley-Freight-Services?ugid=10000000010942750

"I ordered a 24 hour courier service on sunday expecting delivery tuesday from https://www.paisleyfreight.com . I paid £32 for the 24 hour service, and on Tuesday i phoned up to ask where my alloys are. Their ebay shop is here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Paisley-Freight-Services

The man who picked up the phone shouted at me, the 24 hour service isnt gauranteed, and during my response he hung up on me. I later phoned back, and he said he would try and get hold of the driver.

The he said the driver hadnt picked them up as he ran out of drivers hours (now this is Tuesday night, when they were due for delivery that day, and supposed the be collected the next day).

I said that i ordered 24 hour delivery, and you still havnt even picked them up yet, and so the guy said fine we will refund you the money, and subsequently hung up on me.

I phoned back the next morning to enquire as to what is going on, and he said the driver will pick up today (wednesday) and deliver thursday. I then later got a text from the person the wheels were being collected from saying the driver claimed to have turned up at 4:30 at the office, and also phoned, however noone turned up at the office, and he didnt recieve a phone call. He phoned them and they started shouting at him, so hung up. I then phoned up Paisley Freight couriers to find out why the had failed for the third day in a row to collect the items. The claimed the office wouldnt let the driver in, and its not their fault. They then began to get aggressive, and then hung up on me, once again.

The courier company still havnt picked up the wheels nor have I recieved a refund.

Dont use Paisley Freight Alloy wheel courier, its worth the extra few pounds for a service which isnt rude, and will actually deliver on time.

*Update* I have since recieved a refund accompanied with threatening emails and texts."

I've never had a problem with them. Used them quite a few times and were always picked up and dropped off when they were meant to be

Guess one situation like that people remember whereas all the hundreds of times they got it right is never mentioned.

clio
Guess one situation like that people remember whereas all the hundreds of times they got it right is never mentioned.

they actually get it wrong more than they get it right, loads of stuff all over the interwebz about their poor services

I've never had a problem with them. Used them quite a few times and were always picked up and dropped off when they were meant to be

consumers always remember the bad things, good customer service is essential, hanging up is no way to go about things

Clio Sport 197
Brilliant! This is the first bad thing I've heard about them and they've just picked up my new cage today. I'll be saying my prayers tonight then...

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I've used them on several occasions and never had a problem, although once I wasn't in so they sent the items to the depot, I called to ask where it was as you are able to collect from the depot site and the guy on the other end of the phone was a miserable c**t. :S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've used them quite a lot, never had any problems apart from when a member on here arranged collection of an exhaust through paisley freight and it ended up with a dent in the tailpipe which wasnt there when it left me. I also bubble wrapped the tailpipes incase that happened. I'm far from impressed with them, like you said though I've only had to ring once and they seem quite aggressive on the phone.

I've had delivery/collection trouble before as well. They use a middleman as far as I know to courier which is where the problem lies I believe.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Paisley freight are just the booking agent, so it's pot luck who actually gets the delivery, it used to be city link for my postcode and now they tend to use TNT , not had issues with either and I've sent a lot.

Jap Box
Ive used them for about 3/4 sets of alloys and never had any problems with them :) havent used them to deliver anything else though.

120d M Sport
If you were to take every review seriously you would never buy anything or go anywhere. Used them before without issue.

Nissan 350z
I used them to post a set of 4 alloys i sold on Ebay, found them via parcel2go.com. No problems here, everything went perfect?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
As has already been said, Paisley are just the booking agent, not the actual courier, so exactly the same type of company as Parcel2Go, Payperparcel, etc.

Took me 7 months to get a £220 refund out of Payperparcel (who had used DHL), so if you have issues, they will be nigh on the same for each company.

Paisley is usually City Link for the larger items (the only real reason to use Paisley), for everything else, i tend to use TNT via Parcel2Go.

Basically i use anybody but Yodel, who are a useless shower of 5h1t. Terrible shame as DHL Domestic used to be very good (when run by DHL), but then HDNL bought them & created Yodel :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure that somebody has a bad word to say about any company in the entire world. Just use someone else next time.

I've used paisely to send a set of wheels about 5 or 6 times now, don't think I've ever had a problem with them.
Parcel2go on the other hand are useless ( I know they're a booking agent but their customer service is none existant)
I also avoid yodel who define cack.