ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B-shaw’s PH1 Exclusive

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys

Trying to love it, but its doing nothing but pissing me off atm haha.

Need to raise the front as it's scrubbing the inner arch on most turns
Brakes are still making a noise after stripping, cleaning, copper grease on sliders, rebuilding.
Yesterday the idle started playing up, if sat in traffic and the car gets hot, the idle is all over the place, sometimes sat at 2k. Gave the TB a quick clean tonight but it didn't sort the issue.
Rattling of everything is intensifying daily, and I cant figure out where most of it is coming from.
Tracking has gone out, not that this matters as raising it, but still annoying haha.

But yes, it looks sick, happy with how it looks.

Will be spending the next few days trying to sort all of the above.
Coilover socks arrived the other day too, got a couple of other bits to fit too :cool:

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys

Trying to love it, but its doing nothing but pissing me off atm haha.

Need to raise the front as it's scrubbing the inner arch on most turns
Brakes are still making a noise after stripping, cleaning, copper grease on sliders, rebuilding.
Yesterday the idle started playing up, if sat in traffic and the car gets hot, the idle is all over the place, sometimes sat at 2k. Gave the TB a quick clean tonight but it didn't sort the issue.
Rattling of everything is intensifying daily, and I cant figure out where most of it is coming from.
Tracking has gone out, not that this matters as raising it, but still annoying haha.

But yes, it looks sick, happy with how it looks.

Will be spending the next few days trying to sort all of the above.
Coilover socks arrived the other day too, got a couple of other bits to fit too :cool:

Mate I have both map and ats Senser here if you need to see if that's the idle issue also got a pair of front calipers cheapo to you

RS 200 CUP
Cheers guys
I can't say for sure if its true but I've read that you shouldn't use copper grease on the sliders and should use red rubber grease or similar. I'm sure there's someone on here with more knowledge that can confirm or deny but I think it was here that I read it https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=789999

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Don't copper grease sliders, copper grease is anti seize not lubricant. It'll act like sandpaper, lol

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
I mixed up my words, didn't mean those sliders.
The bits the pads sit on, whatever they're called.
Not the bits the caliper moves on.

Anyway, raised the fronts a touch

34585015616_ba984db2c1_c.jpg

Dropped it a tiny bit after this when I fitted these..

34585015806_322c1f0e22_c.jpg

Re-did the alignment at work today and it's spot on now.
Can actually push round a corner without it scrubbing to s**t.

May do some more on Sunday, kinda hoping the other two issues just fix themselves because I cant be bothered with it haha

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
This thing is still being a pain in the arse.
Every week, another new issue.

Idle is still all over the place.
New idle control valve arrived today, gotta get that fitted and pay @MicKPM a visit to set it up correctly.

Rear brakes still knocking, I'm just gonna bang new discs and pads on as and when, get the feeling the caliper may be seized/stiff.
Front left has now started to vibrate, like a really high frequency vibration, ripped it all that apart this evening, nothing untoward, greased everything, put it back together, still the same (story of my life)
Handbrake is making a funny noise when I pull it up now too.

Didn't touch the brakes, they're all fairly new(ish) yet for some reason they're falling apart lol! And as of yet, I cant find out what the cause of any of the issues is!

How it spends most of its time of late...

34207554983_1d146f7ed9_c.jpg

Cleaned it the other day though as it was well behaved for once

34630838690_bf8fda7947_c.jpg

34886063981_38b1fb925b_c.jpg

Slowly falling out of love with it because of these daft issues that I can't get to the bottom of 😞

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It does look very nice, those wheels suit it very well in that colour. Shame it's testing your patience but I'm sure it'll be worth the hassle once (if) you can iron the issues out.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah defo don't give up, get mick fix it for you. It's too pretty to sell, you'll regret it in seconds

So glad the weather was sick today, normally it rains when I want to do stuff
Anyway, I did stuff

Started off like this..

34387974021_8a5c224fce_c.jpg

Took some stuff off

34476891756_670e3aef3f_c.jpg

Fucked this stuff off after seeing @Dr Jekyll without them

34476892986_506f7653cc_c.jpg

Added some new shiny stuff

33675791154_9c2de03b8d_c.jpg

More shiny stuff

34387900011_ebba4037e5_c.jpg

Then after even more stuff, it looked like I'd done stuff to it

34518243795_77205697b6_c.jpg

34132538390_f12e7bf6b2_c.jpg

33675760434_e3690d4f13_c.jpg

(ignore the million degrees of positive camber in the last pic, I adjusted it after with camber adjusting stuff)

A mate caught me admiring my stuff

33675817804_e45287067c_c.jpg

Put some old stuff back on the front as the tracking seems pretty bad, will do to get me to work where I can bang it on the Hunter tomorrow.

34476809586_8f9d665132_c.jpg

I'm quite happy with it :grinning::cool:[emoji813]eyes:
What brand of rims are those?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
In fact, thinking about it, my old ph1 tested me and had a pretty penny spent on it. In the end I gave up.

I regret getting rid of that now, looking back. I've spent more on what it would cost to have got it mint on the cars I've bought since.

These cars can test your patience but it's like any car really, its just these are cooler and yours looks great.

Sweet. Do you know any one who may have a set in 16" or 17 inch for sale? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on those, looks great on your 172
Adrion

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys! And don't worry, it wont be going anywhere any time soon

Warped disc NSF (causing vibration)
Warped disc NSR (causing pad movement)

Strange how they're both the same side, strange how the rear has warped at all tbh.
Annoying as the fronts arent all that old (about 2 years) and it's not like ive done that many miles, or a lot of track days (2)

I'm happier now I know what's causing the issues, still annoyed they're there at all haha!
Ring trip in less than 3 months, could do without the expenses, needs sorting before I go though.
Idle issue should be sorted come next week, providing I can get a day off.

A pic in its natural habitat
35037539476_cb6e6ffb8f_c.jpg

Ph1 172
Hey!
I just bought a Clio just like yours, and when I inspected another before getting mine I got to talk with the owner, who said there is an issue where the throttle body is weak and it lets some air through when closed (showed the faulty part to me, and you could see light through it) and that it causes the idle to be weird. Might be worth checking it out if you still have the problem. He also told me that one of the Laguna parts are interchangeable (I believe Laguna 3, but don't quote me on that) and there is just an inlet you have to block off.

Good luck, I just read through the thread and it's coming along very nicely, would be sad to see you let it go.

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
When you think you have it all sussed and its all plain sailing, it comes and kicks you in the face

35042611571_46d12c75fa_c.jpg

35042609661_e04d1f7caf_c.jpg

35133205326_a2bcef424b_c.jpg

Housing has cracked in multiple places whilst trying to punch the 2nd pin out. 1st came out nice and easy, this one was stubborn, and is still stuck in there even after cutting the plastic from around it haha.

So, that's £120 to Renault for a new one and a day off work wasted, great stuff, thanks car!

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
Housing for the idle control valve.
Renault only sell it as a single piece because of the way they're joined. Renparts sell the replacement without the housing for a fraction of the cost, but you have to punch the pins out.
Said pin wouldn't come out, ended up cracking the housing. So had to prepare my anus and go direct to Renault.

Will be here tomorrow hopefully!
If it doesn't fix the issue now I shall cry, £40 wasn't so bad if it didn't fix it, £120 though..

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Car looks fantastic! You're making a great job of it on your behalf :smiley: Alloys are lovely!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good what you have done so far. Makes me a little jealous as my Ph1 is abused on the track, although it is well looked after. I am on the lookout for another for a daily drive.

As everyone has said, the small issues are a pain but keep at it as it will be so worth it.

Looks good what you have done so far. Makes me a little jealous as my Ph1 is abused on the track, although it is well looked after. I am on the lookout for another for a daily drive.

As everyone has said, the small issues are a pain but keep at it as it will be so worth it.
I second that, the only thing with me is that it ends up costing me double to get the parts to me :(
But as soon as goodies arrive that :( turns to [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]
bc22e57f26d2c9fbb71d93997f065fa4.jpg

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
So....
Friday came, 1pm passed
Rang Renault to ask where the f**k my part was as they had promised it'd be 'on the morning van'
"Renault didn't send the part, It'll be Monday now chap"

Yeah thanks, bloody morons.
I'll be surprised if it's actually there Monday so maybe on a quest for a 2nd hand one asap, so if anyone has one, drop me a PM.

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
Bodged it back together today, runs spot on.
Cleaned the valve, glued the cracks, bolted together, silicone sealed just encase.
Just not sure how long it'll last, Not bothering with the new part from Renault, just going to buy up all the second hand ones I think haha!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
glad you got her to the ring, how's she running now?

looks great in the pics too!