ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batesey's cup turbo

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Re: Bateseys 172..

They are streamline ones mate, they were just glued on with tigerseal :) i do try to keep it mint :) tempted to try some different wheels on it tomorrow :)

2002 172

Still not seen this about Lincoln yet. Wouldn't mind having a nose round this mate it's ticking all the boxes for me :) Still think you should lose the interior though :p

titanium 182

Looks great mate, getting mine lowered on coilovers on wednesday, i cant wait!! Like the black turinis on it and the carbon goodies!!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right time for some updates, I bought a Boss off phil and fitted it to this which came this morning
P1010658.jpg

I also have everything to properly move my battery to under my passenger seat, im just waiting for the bracket to hold it in place to arrive which seems to have got lost in the post, i'll post more on that tho when i come to fit it all,

Friday im going to Custom technik in grantham to have a custom decat made up so its easy to change for MOT time,
Im on the look out for some new seats to tidy up the interior abit as i hate the cup ones

Still undecided how i am going to go about getting abit more power, i fancy an RS2 but its alot of money for the gain but then again i mainly just want a more usable rev range so it might be ideal but we'll have to see... updates friday when ive had the decat fitted :)

Nice little project this mate - look forward to having a good look around on Sunday

I need a custom sports cat making for mine so let me know how you get on in Grantham :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

I'm going to put some pictures up off it fitted mate, having it made with Vband clamps so its a 20min job swapping them around :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

As in the other thread some pictures of the decat/cat :)

P1010659.jpg

P1010661.jpg

P1010662.jpg

P1010663.jpg

P1010666.jpg

P1010667.jpg

The other boss is for the wideband i have ready to be wired in, their is a bung in it for now :)

Going to wash it tomorrow and maybe have a bash at fitting the steering wheel :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

i dont know mate, it was on the car when i got it, the previous owner got it from kwik fit IIRC , the cars going back next month to have a new centre box as my baffles are on their way out and the bit of standard pipe left is going to be replaced :) its a bloody good idea tho, take around 20mins from jacking the car up to putting the car down to put the cat back on :)

Meg 225

Very nice cup you got with all the right mods! How's the ride on the AP's? And do you notice any difference between the cat and decat?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right well the gain top end on the decat is nothing! ive had it back on the dyno last week to see but lower down ive gained more power/torque, i just need a remap now to bring it together :) the ride of the AP's is spot on, feel so planted, ive got pure motorsport top mount kit and a whiteline ARB too tho but its awesome through the twistys!

Few updates,
Thought id got everything i needed to relocate the battery... how wrong i was, without drilling a major hole through my bulkhead 0awg cable wouldn't go through the tiny hole! by this point i had removed the battery, ecu mount, induction elbow etc, after loads of swearing and hitting things with hammers :) i rang my mate who had some 4awg cable!

Whilst i was waiting for him to bring it over i thought id get on to changing the steering wheel... bought some torx bits last week for this job... didnt fit my socket!! rang him back up and thank god he had one from when he changed his on his citroen... talk about these french cars being a pain to work on!

Right so when he arrive we got the old wheel off, i fitted a phase1 indicator stalk (for a horn) and put some resistors in the airbag connectors so the light doesnt come on (i hope it works!) so the wheels on finally
P1010691.jpg

So i got on with the battery..
secured the battery to the floor need a bolt to hold the wood to the floor but i'll do that tomorrow and get the front end connected back up
P1010693.jpg

P1010694.jpg

Fingers crossed tomorrow will go abit more smoothly and maybe even get my wideband gauge from my old car wired in :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right so today went abit better, my mate who's pretty good with electric came to give me a hand and wired in the wideband gauge :) i then fitted the rest of it and fed it through the car, Got the car back together and gave it a hoover out, made a bracket to hold one side of the ecu down to the gearbox mount, the otherside im going to cable tie down tomorrow to make sure its fully secure, only thing to do now is make a bracket to hold the junction box in place :)
P1010700.jpg

P1010699.jpg

P1010697.jpg

The engine will be having a major tidy up end of the month when i have a week off work :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Few more goodies arrived!..

P1010701.jpg

P1010702.jpg

Also fitted standard airbox whilst i look out for a v6 box

Got loads of parts piled up ready to go on, engine mount, injector cover and inlet going to the powder coaters next week, off to see Js performance for more hoses and will be sending my smoothed fuse bo off for painting too

Week off work in two weeks time so hopefully more updates then :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Few more parts arrived over the last few days....

P1010707.jpg

P1010705.jpg

Went to Jsperformance wednesday and today i went to pick up a few more hoses for the strip down..
P1010704.jpg

These plan is black hoses but with yellow induction and vac hoses as all yellow would be too much IMO

Also something ive been working on..
P1010706.jpg

This is going to be painted mondial blue once finished along with my engine mount,

Going to get a few parts taken to the powdercoaters this week :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

A lad of here mate but its a streamline carbon trim i think :)

BG 182

just read through this progress, love the work you have done so far. From those first pictures to what it is now is amazing, great job!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

got it from Rarerims on here, westsrenault have bought some too by the looks of it, they say they have been tested so im sure we'll find out how good they are, but from looking at them they look a good bit of kit, was £37 posted :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

P1010708.jpg

Made a start on the stud conversion, didnt have much time but i'll finish the fronts tomorrow done both rears, going to be loads of updates next week as i have the week off work....

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Finished the fronts today..
P1010712.jpg

Cleaned and re greased the coilovers whilst at it too,

Also had a go at fitting the V6 box, had to get the dremel out to chop the bolt off in the bay but i got it on :) few minor tweaks when it comes back off next week left to get it perfect :)
P1010713.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

more updates tomorrow once my weeks work is complete, Hispec 4 pots fitted, powder coated engine bay bits, new coolant hoses on, along with a few little extras :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right so a week off work i just have to fiddle with the car first off the brakes on it were about shot so i got hold of some 2nd hand Hi-spec 300mm kit and painted the calipers yellow, stickers will be here for them hopefully tomorrow...
P1010716.jpg

Next up i needed to get my new water hoses and induction kit fitted properly, going to make a bracket for the v6 box but im waiting on the rubber bobbin in the post..
P1010718.jpg

P1010719.jpg

P1010720.jpg

As you can see ive:
fitted the hoses
powder coated the engine mount,inlet and fuel rail cover
removed the sound deadening at the rear of the bay
New water bottle
sprayed the fuse box
painted ecu black
and a few bits were cleaned and sprayed black

I've also done a cold air feed to the fog light, im going to make some new smooth fog covers but modify them smooth and put a trumpet in one
P1010721.jpg

And here she is after a quick wash
P1010715.jpg

I plan on going to the elvaston hall meet on sunday so im going to clay and dodo juice the paintwork so shes gleaming :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Cars got its Mot next week but once its passed it will be going back into the bodyshop for some work, mainly just touch ups but a couple of little changes here and there ;)

So i've been working on these the past few weeks and ive slowly got them so their at a good enough standard to put a pic up, they still need minor work but only because im a perfectionist..

P1010754.jpg

P1010755.jpg

Next on the list is more carbon so i'll be doing that maybe next weekend :)

Also i fitted a Cobra imola S on black/blue which i bought off here so im starting to tidy the interior up a little :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right had a few problems with the car as of late but after a full box rebuild shes back :)

Few changes...
P1010770.jpg

P1010779.jpg

P1010776.jpg

P1010778.jpg

And made a start to my gear knob insert...
P1010775.jpg

Cars going into bodyshop in a weeks time to have some touch up work done so will take pictures when its back :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Cheers matey, yeah been at it a few weeks but only a few hours every weekend, wanted them perfect before they went on :) just testing them out at the mo with some black paint i had lying around to see if they shrink/crack but so far so good :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

i could mate but they take alot of time to do so it wouldn't be cheap im afraid.. PM me :)