ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batesey's cup turbo

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Re: Bateseys 172..

null_zps4a482f94.jpg

null_zps2bf54c93.jpg

injector clips have finally arrived, will fit them at the weekend :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Car was detailed yesterday, looks mint now,

spent today cleaning and tidying the bay up , fitted the new clips
null_zps4d944609.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right haven't updated for a while but lots of ups and downs with the cup, ups will become apparent In a couple months And downs being I had a fight with a post and need my boot and Bumper reprinting LOL

So she got a small pic in PFC..
null_zps541e8dba.jpg

Decided to buy some paint off eBay and paint the inside, wasnt the main choice but I got 5litres cheap so thought it was worth a go :)
null_zps3feea5c6.jpg

null_zps84fa120c.jpg

Chopped out some unneeded brackets

And before today I didn't get any pics so I took one
null_zps32e3a804.jpg

Then I wanted to refresh my suspension so I spoke with Adam at Renault (very good service by the way!)

New wishbones
Ball joints
The coilovers were leaking badly so got cup shocks all round on cooksports springs
New rack bushes too
null_zps30c501ed.jpg

null_zps857a50f0.jpg

null_zpsf98749ca.jpg

Must say I'm happy with going back to standard, have kept the pms top mounts and brace as that's investable IMO and obviously the white line rarb

Gave her a quick clean and polish this afternoon whilst the sun was out

null_zpse780c42e.jpg

Next few months include fixing the bumper damage and also a new downpipe and decat as my turbo downpipe has never been right

Also I want to buy a daily, I've now done 6k miles with the turbo on, I've changed the oil last week as my oil cooler went at the core but I was doing it anyway, I now don't run an oil cooler as its always been a pain with leaking tbh
Apart from a few niggles she's been good, pissing off scoobys and evos on the way home from work has become a love of mine,

Over winter I plan on tarting the bay up a bit, hopefully get the engine out and have the engine refreshed, also a few other exterior changes as the carbon is starting to look tatty for me, think that's it but I have probs missed something

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Forgot to put I changed the cobra imola to sparco seats so I now have a pair (good old eBay) and some harnesses as pictured

Getting a daily is the best thing I've done.

Forecast snow again in October/November and I'll be chuckling to myself in the 4wd barge hehe

Good work on the paint. Looks good for a diy job! I need to get my roll cage re-done as I painted it with brush-on hammerite lol

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Batesey's 172 cup turbo

Right so i've bought a daily runner so i can spend a bit of time on the clio over the winter, got a few plans so hopefully it will all come together :)

null_zps1f83b632.jpg

Heater box arrived today to make room under the scuttle panel to relocate more things :)

I also bought a new bottom end to rebuild but the courier seemed to ruin it..

null_zpsb3811027.jpg

null_zps5956ca7b.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Got the heater box fitted, isn't plug and play but once I got my head around how I could do it its wasn't a biggy,

I've just bought a new manifold which will mount the turbo over the gearbox, to be honest it wasn't needed but I've always wanted one so I bought one,

Got next week off work so hopefully I'll get time to start work on it as the tax runs out Saturday :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386005008.530681.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386005020.069001.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386005029.720901.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386005039.386580.jpg

Tucked her up for the winter work to begin today, also the postman brought me a magazine :D

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Parts ordered...

Paddle clutch
Forged rods
Few flanges for manifold
tractor flap ;)

Will hopefully get some pics at the weekend :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right this week I've been in the shed doing a few bits..
Firstly relocating the header tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387727914.753355.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387727932.750088.jpg

Then relocating the washer bottle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387727958.480631.jpg
Because of this...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387727999.741340.jpg

Then decided to find out what pump was in the ph1 fuel setup that I got with the original bbpt turbo kit
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387728045.201468.jpg
Walbro 255 pump so that's one good thing :)

Next updates will be manifold, and new exhaust downpipe

Until then ill leave you with some pictures of the parts I have ready for the rebuild
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387728152.910498.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387728165.617623.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right be been fabricating a few bits and my mates tig welding it all after I spot weld it all together,
Manifold is finished just needs die grinding a little
, made one piece boost pipes I'm just waiting to finish the 2nd one once I've mounted the turbo in place :)

Here's a few pics of the goings on...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843410.266557.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843429.635717.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843457.294491.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843475.708242.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843504.718381.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843568.550315.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843599.679407.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843644.477644.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390843739.359951.jpg

I'll let the pictures tell the story :) hope to have the new coolant pipes and manifold setup back on to test in 2 weeks time, then once I'm happy ill Wip the engine out and nip it up to andy and can get it built :)

Just wana drive the bloody thing now!!!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Bit more work done on the Clio over a past few days, glad that all the fabrication work is now done just at my mates being tig'd ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391387096.471483.jpg
Coolant pipe work mocked ready for Jsperformance to work there magic when I drop these off in the morning :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391387147.825364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391387161.726129.jpg

Dropped everything at my mates went home to have a shower, popped back and he has already finished a couple of bits!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391387226.422914.jpg

I'm hoping to have her running for Saturday night so I can test it all before getting the engine out and then the engine build will take place and fabrication on the bay will commence ;)

More updates soon....

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Good work mate, love the layout!

Screamer pipe might melt the scuttle panel though.

Its got quite a gap around it, that's why ill be doing a bit of testing next week to check these things, going to heat wrap it all though so fingers crossed wont be too much of an issue :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Tbh mate, surprised there is not a lot more replies to this one as there is a lot of work in what you're doing and a lot of credit should be given to you for it.

I am thinking about making a tubular manifold but only once I get the thing running and sort out any snags. Think I'll still try and keep the turbo roughly where it is and go for a manifold like the rs tuning megane turbo one.

Love this though!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Tbh mate, surprised there is not a lot more replies to this one as there is a lot of work in what you're doing and a lot of credit should be given to you for it.

I am thinking about making a tubular manifold but only once I get the thing running and sort out any snags. Think I'll still try and keep the turbo roughly where it is and go for a manifold like the rs tuning megane turbo one.

Love this though!

Cheers matey, there doesn't seem to be much interest which sucks lol but i'll keep updating with the hope it will change lol

Fingers crossed it will be running for a bit of testing Saturday so i'll have to post a video up of the screamer pipe lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
Keep me posted though, I'm loving it! Love a good turbo thread that it is done a bit different for the generic.

Fingers crossed for sat. Bet I'll want a screamer pipe after seeing your vid. Lol

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Custom hoses made!! Tooling for them is mine too as they can't reuse it :p pretty nice touch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391809861.837973.jpg

80% of welding done too, few bits to do which my mate is doing ATM then bolting it on tomorrow and hopefully can do abit of testing on the old engine to check everything :)
Updates tomorrow fingers crossed . Tomorrow is guna be a long day

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Hmmm I'll have another look! Lol! Keep your eyes open for a grey s2 Rs turbo.........he will give you a run in your cup mate! 2ltr 8v zvh and over 400hp! Runs the original Rs turbo dog leg alloys as well. Flol! Sleeper!

who owns it?