ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Before & After Lowering RSi(pics)

don't

Ok 1995 1.8 RSi, bought standard 2 weeks ago apart from 15" alloys

Now been lowered 40mm Puma springs on front and 50mm rear

standard height :

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/RSIgoodsideon.jpg

And pic of car lowered 40mm by 50mm

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/LoweredSide2smaller.jpg

Dont know how much u can c from the pics but it looks alot better lowered

Doesnt rub much either, normal driving no rubbing at all, on speed bumps im fine, its just on dodgy speed bumps which r huge and drop down 2 sharply that the centre box scrapes, but am very happy with the car how it is

De-cat is going on 2day so will av pics up of that lata aswel probably

opinions welcome?? only prob is that on full lock front wheels appear 2 slightly rub on front arch plastic covering, so will av 2 chuck 14s on 4 MOT time in 11 months

cheers

.Dave.

don't

hmm shouldve done de-cat b4 lowering lol

anyway bolts r well and truelly rusted, so guna need em cut off 2mora nite by a mechanic m8, head was pretty rounded off and they were not going anywhere

ohwell least itll b done nice and easy 2mora and then save up time 4 nxt mod..............

1. de-wiper rear 2. Tints 3.........dont know.........

.Dave.

don't

yea looks much better, and is prob about rite height as i get over speed bumps alrite without any scraping and normal driving i dont get any rubbing

although my local chinese is a problem...... at entrace 2 the carpark is a big hump and it drops fairly sharpish and i got grounded on that other nite on way in...

on way out got g/f 2 stand outside the car while tryin 2 go over it and its the exhaust centre box that just scrapes along, think its only guna b on major big slopes and bumps that itll do it so nothin 2 worry about

.Dave

Skoda Fabia vRS

looks good mate, that 50mm drop at the rear, how many notches/splines did you actually take it down by

don't

duno m8, got a garage 2 do it 4 me so just going on what theyve told me, so not 100% myself

they coulda just made it up 2 make me happy,

but the front sits slightly lower than the rear with no1 in the car

.Dave.

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 27 June 2004

looks good mate, that 50mm drop at the rear, how many notches/splines did you actually take it down by
You do not lower it by splines, you take the wheels off, raise the rear of the car, measure from floor to centre of hub, place a jack under hub then knock the Torsion bar out, jack up the hub 30mm/40mm/50mm and knock the torsion bar back in and voila, lowered xxmm.

Repeat for the other side and your done n dusted in about 40 mins

don't

yea looks alot better now, feels faster due 2 being more like a go-kart,

hopefully will b able 2 finally get a rubber grommet from renault 2day 2 de-wiper the rear, stupid muppets in my local renault

3 weeks ago walk in there 4 first time, parts desk has sign sayin "closed all w/end for stock taking"

go in 2 weeks ago, sorry parts desk is closed, every1 else refuses 2 help

so rang up and ordered the rubber grommet in the week, said ill come in and get it at w/end

rang up on saturday 2 b told that parts desk was closed 4 stock taking

AGAIN WTF, w*nkers, they said i couldnt have the grommet either as i hadnt paid 4 it and they wouldnt b able 2 put it through the till

anyway theres couple of other clios round my area, same colour with alloys so need 2 make mine stand out a bit, nxt planned mods were:

de-wiper rear, mayb window tints, de-cat on 2nite, not sure wat else i can do really that wont cost 2 much 2 change the look of it

.DAve.

Looks really nice hun!

much much better hehe!

as for the rubbing you need to take your sh*t shields out cos i was driving home from southend one night when mine both fell out!!! they were absolutely shredded where the wheels rubbed on them full lock so dont have them anymore! i suggest you take yours out you dont need to bother changing wheels!

the centre box of the exhaust hangs down on ever mark 1 clio every one will tell you that they are really bad designed so that will happen whatever! we just made another link for mine underneath so it stays up which renault should have bloody done lol!

Vix :)

leon cupra R

:)Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 27 June 2004

Ok 1995 1.8 RSi, bought standard 2 weeks ago apart from 15" alloys

Now been lowered 40mm Puma springs on front and 50mm rear

standard height :

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/RSIgoodsideon.jpg
for some reason that looks alot higher then my Rsi 1995, ive got 16s and it aint lowered well its getting lowered tuesday, but mine sits nicey and it aint riding high, ive checked the suspension and its all normall, im not fat and ive got f**k all weight inside my car:) alot of people have said why you getting it lowered for when it already is, and it isnt so i aint got a f**king clue on why its sitting low on 16s:p

don't

bit weird...........duno y really, how much lower r u sayin though, just a bit, or quite a fair bit????

Vix them rubber shields, r they basically just protecting the arches then??
whats underneath or isit the bare metal??
at moment havent looked at 2 much detail as 2 how much they rub, cars guna b up in the air 2nite so will prob have a look at how bad it rubs
The shields easy enough 2 unclip,screw??

PM me as ur having 2 ration out ur posts 2day :)

.Dave.

TT 225

PMSL!!! Didnt you just post in another thread saying he cheated on you and you broke up??

Shame.... ~snigger~

Quote: Originally posted by lilcutelips on 28 June 2004

its not the point, i warned her when we were 2getha. and if he bucks his ideas up then maybe we got a chance.

[Edited by lilcutelips on 28 June 2004 at 3:29pm]

Hes better off with out you:p

Mr2 Roadster

what have i told u powelly, u call my bf hun again 1 more time ima hunt u down and b**ch slap u.
You must be minging if you are jealous of Powelly, have you seen her, lol! ;)

did i say u cud all join in.............. NO, so f**k off

Let me come over and give your tight ass a good rogering:devilish: That will either shut you up or make you squeal like a little piggy

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 28 June 2004

what have i told u powelly, u call my bf hun again 1 more time ima hunt u down and b**ch slap u.
You must be minging if you are jealous of Powelly, have you seen her, lol! ;)

PMSL

its not the point, i warned her when we were 2getha. and if he bucks his ideas up then maybe we got a chance.

[Edited by lilcutelips on 28 June 2004 at 3:29pm]
why you talking about my hunny Dave like that for?? :p

get a life you sad cow!!! just cos i blocked your pms hehehehehe!!

just takes one pm love!! lilcutelips NO MORE heheheheheheh!!!

*Quaking* Not Big BAD James please anything but...........................

Go Powelly

Go Powelly

Go Powelly

you go girl

320d M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 28 June 2004

PMSL!!! Didnt you just post in another thread saying he cheated on you and you broke up??

Shame.... ~snigger~

now look wat u done!!

lol - hun

;-)

Rofl what laff. Bit embarassing for the guy tho.

Seen a few RSis lately, theres one parked outside my work same colour as mine and im starting to wish id gone for one now. Ahh well prolly wouldnt afford the £1K insurance i was quoted anyway. Again car looks mint lowered! :)

don't

WTF is going on, i actually try 2 do sum work and come back on ere and everythings gone mad lol

isit a crime 2 b friendly on internet forums nowadays!!!

nxt sum1 will b sueing cliosport 4 unfair banning or sum sh!t

anyway back on2 the car ppl lol

ROTHPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!...

....ow my ribs hurt soo much!! lol

OMG lilcutelips are you some kind of bunny boiler or something!? :s
Dave if she IS your bird then i mean no offence but goddamn - id be getting a restraining order taken out on her crazy ass!! lmao

Mr2 Roadster

Oi, self proclaimed cute lips... Why are you getting on such a big one?

I know Powelly and she aint interested in your (ex) man.

And for your information lilcrazymiss Powelly is very happily taken in a relationship and i can assure you she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in your fella!!

Read through pages of posts on this forum and youll see she refers to everybloodyone as hun cos she is friendly!! Thats all!!

don't

she has a b/f, we have neva seen eachotha so how r we afta eachotha lol

wot u like kelly??? jus cos sum1 said hun??

and y post a crappy pic up of me 4 ????

u have provided ppl with sum entertainment this aftanoon anyway