ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alright guys,
finally got round to sorting out a little project thread on here for my malaga orange 1.2.

This is my first car so i dont want to be throwing loads of money at it.

this is what it looked like at stock
ad4da45853bd2882c380c8f053b3aa94.png

So the first thing i did was get some alloys, they were cheap and i fancied something drastically different to shitty steelies, some bk 299's were for sale in brighton for £100 but managaed to knock it down to 80
e7b78ca2205d445c0b76108f6769941d.png

So then it sat like this
14df92361ac55c8408b1d21002324917.png

decided to colour code it a bit, so did the front bumper inserts and have ordered enough paint to do the side strips
colour match is good i think for some spray cans and a few hours of my time
52331d255e6b3b1b421642faccc21fa7.png

so thats how she sits at the moment

but today i also recieved some TA technix coilovers
ae7338adb4b3b7da5f4caedb629955e5.png

so hopefully by the end of this week i will be lowered as much as possible on coilies :D

thanks for looking
feedback and ideas are welcome

got a few other little mods, such as xenon white bulbs, some ktec rear lights i managed to get on ebay for a pittance, stubby aerial, sport door sills , chrome gear stick insert, some minor carbon wrapping inside the car, did the side strips, but will be pulling it all off when i colour code the strips too

JLK

1.2 Replica
The colour coding on the bumper looks good mate, well worth the few hours work! Got any more pics of the car? Not a fan of the wheels tbh, but everyone likes there own stuff! How low are you taking the car?

The colour coding on the bumper looks good mate, well worth the few hours work! Got any more pics of the car? Not a fan of the wheels tbh, but everyone likes there own stuff! How low are you taking the car?

lol yeh i have grown massively out of love with the wheels, will get a set of 15's and really go low

and not sure atm, got 17's on so prob about 45/50 until i get smaller wheels
may dump my steelies on for a day and really slam it

JLK

1.2 Replica
lol yeh i have grown massively out of love with the wheels, will get a set of 15's and really go low

and not sure atm, got 17's on so prob about 45/50 until i get smaller wheels
may dump my steelies on for a day and really slam it

Recently there has been alot of turinis appearing, see if you could snap some up !

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
nice car mate love the colour personally not my kind of wheels but put it back on the steels take the hubcaps off and lower it to the ground and your on to a winner ;)

Clio Initiale 2005
Let us know how your coilies go matey, have been umming and arring about getting some, especially since u can pick them up dead cheap.

Update.

Fitted coilovers properly today, did it yesterday but did the top mounts horribly wrong, but fixed them today and its all good

only problem is i lowered it too much! and had to rush out to work

got a few pics, will raise it and take a few snaps tomorrow

59356fe6f7a77347caf35317feae4b5b.png

Haha the wheels aren't too bad mate! just the tyres need a clean & black ;)

Sounds nice! You could always go down the rep route if you wanna save some cash & effort, or keep an eye on ebay/gumtree etc for people selling up

Haha the wheels aren't too bad mate! just the tyres need a clean & black ;)

Sounds nice! You could always go down the rep route if you wanna save some cash & effort, or keep an eye on ebay/gumtree etc for people selling up

they do indeed!

and yeh i do like the standard 172 wheels, i would get them done in anthracite to match my bullets and maybe some cheeky orange renault logos on the centre cap, lol , but cannot find any close to me or for a decent price with postage

and the rear bumper is something im considering getting from a sport, would need a respray but would look great

also i thought of your car the other day as some kid pulled into college with lensos on his citroen c2, the wheels were nice, the rear ones with about .5 camber (yum) , however the car was nasty, they look much better on a beautiful clio!

they do indeed!

and yeh i do like the standard 172 wheels, i would get them done in anthracite to match my bullets and maybe some cheeky orange renault logos on the centre cap, lol , but cannot find any close to me or for a decent price with postage

and the rear bumper is something im considering getting from a sport, would need a respray but would look great

also i thought of your car the other day as some kid pulled into college with lensos on his citroen c2, the wheels were nice, the rear ones with about .5 camber (yum) , however the car was nasty, they look much better on a beautiful clio!

Yeah they are pretty awesome, gloss black would look ace on yours.....just sayin.... ;)

the 172 bumpers are worth it haha, look so much better without the black plastic strip

Haha cheers ;) cant wait to get them back on! :( haha yeah not a fan of C2's, although theres one that goes round near me with some silly powerfull engine in!

Little update:

picked up my 15" bbs today for just over £50

very happy, great condition and plenty of tyre left :)
(sorry about s**t photo angle)
0a995ca1cb3eb6c10dbcc5e3dcedde15.png

just gotta get them bored out and ill see how they look on the clio :)

small update.

failed its mot last week, on 3 things, loose bolts on one suspension arm, exhaust leak, tie rod end.

replaced the tie rod end, tightened the bolts and used gun gum to fix the exhaust leak.

the leak is the joint with the cat and the center pipe. This is because i fitted alexcarters sportex exhaust and then re positioned it all to sit in the bumper.

today i passed the mot, and will take my wheels to get the tires off and wheels bored out tomorrow hopefully, hope to post a big update soon

Little update:

picked up my 15" bbs today for just over £50

very happy, great condition and plenty of tyre left :)
(sorry about s**t photo angle)
0a995ca1cb3eb6c10dbcc5e3dcedde15.png

just gotta get them bored out and ill see how they look on the clio :)

Ace! hopefully will look good :)

You getting different tyres or?

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
subscribed mate, cool project so far! i plan on going along a similar line also :) was it a pain to get the side mouldings off? i plan on doing mine sometime this week

subscribed mate, cool project so far! i plan on going along a similar line also :) was it a pain to get the side mouldings off? i plan on doing mine sometime this week

Cheers buddy, side mouldings are easy, the rear ones slide to the front until they click then they just fall off, the fronts are held by a little pin like thing, pop that out and they do the same but sliding to the back