ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sounds great!

You gonna go with a more recent model or go stanceworks retro haha
ave7a8u3.jpg

Mmm
Goin with an E39, same as in my pic :)

& Willsam I want a proper car mate ;) haha

It might not be proper but they're quick for what they are, everybody seems to be getting old as f**k cars for some reason, don't get it me.
Nah they are cool tbf, but I prefer older cars :)

Sayin that an e39 isnt exactly old though, same generation as a mk2 clio tbf

Goin with an E39, same as in my pic :)

& Willsam I want a proper car mate ;) haha
Fair doos, they look nice and tidy
Interesting .... Haha

Some old cars are amazing, esp bimmers, but then some are so gross and their newer models are much nicer Haha

Think its a mixed bag with old cars, plus you gotta sum up their cost, mpg, and even work needing to be done

Titanium 182

my mate went from a seat arosa to a e30, I'm not much of an old car lover but it does look decent.

Fair doos, they look nice and tidy

Interesting .... Haha

Some old cars are amazing, esp bimmers, but then some are so gross and their newer models are much nicer Haha

Think its a mixed bag with old cars, plus you gotta sum up their cost, mpg, and even work needing to be done
Yeah but the work is part of the fun haha ;)

Suppose I could update the thread
This will prob be the last update as I'm now off to uni so the Clio will be at home haha

Managed to fix the rubbing at the rear. Arch roll, camber shims and an extra washer to push them out that little bit more

Got a k&n pod filter to make it louder

I love the colour of the car, shame they didn't do a bigger engined non sport, so next upgrade will be to an inferno hopefully haha

Follow me on IG bennhiggs

d6a34c3a5532905cceec891e925f59db.jpg

aaa1c415cdd267cb039234f0882d0517.jpg
495eb566f09b75bbec74536490acaf8e.jpg

23243d360606be2cbc7c588cb72733f7.jpg

d3ff9ca7e3ab55303cf7168af8e03cf7.jpg

Cars looking good! Love the rear camber.

If you don't mind me asking, what size of camber shims do you have and how did you fit them. I have a set of 1.5 degree shims but no idea how to fit them and don't really want to just jump in and start breaking things.

Cars looking good! Love the rear camber.

If you don't mind me asking, what size of camber shims do you have and how did you fit them. I have a set of 1.5 degree shims but no idea how to fit them and don't really want to just jump in and start breaking things.
Thanks man

Rear camber is piss easy, don't even need to drop the suspension,

Its an m12 bolt, like a torx head, got mine from halfords for a few quid and then where your suspension strut is, the bolts are behind there, undo them, don't drop the hub, slot them in and voila

And I'm running 1.5shims and then a 1mm washer on the bottom bolts too

Thanks man

Rear camber is piss easy, don't even need to drop the suspension,

Its an m12 bolt, like a torx head, got mine from halfords for a few quid and then where your suspension strut is, the bolts are behind there, undo them, don't drop the hub, slot them in and voila

And I'm running 1.5shims and then a 1mm washer on the bottom bolts too

Cheers for the info mate. Might give it a bash at the weekend and see how it goes. All i have is spacers and shims so ill see what a difference it does. I have a slight roll on my arches and its helped a lot already but somewhere halfway round the arch theirs a bit of metal like a knuckle that just wont flatten.

So is it like a sort of special socket i need to remove the bolt?

Cheers for the info mate. Might give it a bash at the weekend and see how it goes. All i have is spacers and shims so ill see what a difference it does. I have a slight roll on my arches and its helped a lot already but somewhere halfway round the arch theirs a bit of metal like a knuckle that just wont flatten.

So is it like a sort of special socket i need to remove the bolt?
Do it, it's real easy, just remember to wd40 your bolts, but there shouldn't really be rust inside haha

I have a roll too, the guy at archenemy flattened that for me with a mallet haha

And yeah its an 12E torx socket (not m12, sorry got confused)

3.99 in halfords

Do it, it's real easy, just remember to wd40 your bolts, but there shouldn't really be rust inside haha

I have a roll too, the guy at archenemy flattened that for me with a mallet haha

And yeah its an 12E torx socket (not m12, sorry got confused)

3.99 in halfords

Yeah haha thats all i done with the rest of the lip. Took the wheel off and just hammered it till it was flat all the way round. Seems to have done the trick though. Hardly rubs but its just that one bet that catches at times. Hopefully the camber shims will sort that out.

I think ill go to halfrauds tomorrow and get that socket though. Been wanting those shims fitted for a while now.

Is it just one bolt that needs removed or all four?

Yeah haha thats all i done with the rest of the lip. Took the wheel off and just hammered it till it was flat all the way round. Seems to have done the trick though. Hardly rubs but its just that one bet that catches at times. Hopefully the camber shims will sort that out.

I think ill go to halfrauds tomorrow and get that socket though. Been wanting those shims fitted for a while now.

Is it just one bolt that needs removed or all four?
You'll need to remove all 4 hub bolts to fit the shim in as it has to sit through the bolts, so I would take them all out, hold the hub up to where it was and put the top 2 bolts through the axel, through the shim and then into the back of the hub :) and then the bottom ones should slide in haha

ok yeh, this thread has gone ignored for too long
cant really remember when i stopped updating this but was a while ago now

Since i last updated ive done a fair bit, given her a good service, runs a lot cleaner now and seems a bit nippier :)
fitted new black insert headlights as my old ones were abit hazed
but now im at uni :(
so when i get back itll be rush to finish it for the summer
have new tyres to go on, ordered 165x50 so will be some nice stretch on there
will take front helper springs off coilovers and go lower there
got custom rear springs on the way so the back will be a -90mm drop :)
rear light tints
gotta get a mp and give the car a good coat of wax and remove some of the swirling and crap in the paintwork
remove some stickers, its becoming clogged up
maybe remove the number plate recess from the front

but yeh...
pics below :up:

Corolla T-Sport
How much did the roof wrap set you back mate? Also how easy is it and did you get any creases around the aerial or anything?

Corolla T-Sport
£25 on ebay mate haha

and nope i took them all off, sunroof out and replaced the aerial with a sharkfin one anyway
i did get a huge crease at the front which i had to cut out tho so i need to hide it somehow haha

Decent, have been tempted to give it a go a number of times tbf

Ok,quick update, car was written off, bought it back and had money to fix it

So:
Sport beam is on
cffcf55277cb1a167b417e52c9c90de2.jpg

852d56b0d0e21fb88462019c70e8ebf7.jpg

Airbag light was fixed..
79b1b0dcf06916527927ab27143cf98c.jpg

Tracking was sorted, need to fix the rear tho..
2da40925aece837870019da07f4dd21f.jpg

Went farming..
933a083f7039deeceb1e9e3eba0e7588.jpg

One of those eBay trophy replica spoilers was purchased
45537ef8dd039ad64760593ed46a4092.jpg

And wrapped to match the roof, badly tho, need to redo when I can source the same wrap
de0abc1510fd1ddb044f86a9fe654f48.jpg

5c1efb7beda47b54796419d64e8635ba.jpg

c525f6d7bcabb6dbac259d64c8d45231.jpg

Still got new rear abs sensors to go on, a bit of camber and to align the rear nearside hub so that it drives straight ..

If you've swapped the rear beam, why does it still not drive straight / toe all over the place?

Interest you in a set of 1*2 side skirts?
because, if you look at the alignment printout, the rear is out by about .3 deg, so i have to correct that, i assume the car the beam came off wasnt perfect.
Doesnt drive straight because of the rear thrust angle, so i have to counteract that with the steering wheel atm, since the fronts are now perfectly aligned.

and i would be interested if i had sport wings on, only have the front bumper that was modded to fit n/s wings, but thanks anyway mate