ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it looks better than most because it's a chrome shaft, but i get what you mean about the knob. I wasnt expecting it to dig in my hand quite so much, and also hoping the rattle settles down.

The rattle will get worse if anything. [emoji23]

If it settles down you are probably just going deaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not saying it doesnt feel good, but I can be more honest than if I had just spent a lot more money on one. This is an early one but I dont think theres any difference between them all apart from shiny carbon shafts.
I'd say the things I did definitely helped, I wanted to try protect the bottom bearing but my boot split in half during fitment.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Which bit on the knob is digging in? The bolt or the counterbore bit of the knob itself? Might be worth getting a washer under the bolt to raise it up slightly to be inline with the counterbore of the latter

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Which bit on the knob is digging in? The bolt or the counterbore bit of the knob itself? Might be worth getting a washer under the bolt to raise it up slightly to be inline with the counterbore of the latter
I think it's the counterbore edge, I'll give it a feel tomorrow on the drive to work.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Wonder how the zeropointone shifter would compare? Scenic shifter is fine for me, white nylon knob does my head in though. Scared of getting it grubby, should've got a black one

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Wonder how the zeropointone shifter would compare? Scenic shifter is fine for me, white nylon knob does my head in though. Scared of getting it grubby, should've got a black one
Probably similar. They're all on a bar so will never be amazing!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Car is absolutely filthy with these road conditions at the moment..
20201127_211952.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Always the case with black cars, I had a non metallic black 350Z on which dust would show within an hour of washing it..

Stunning when clean though, I love black cars.

Sun strip looks great BTW!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Always the case with black cars, I had a non metallic black 350Z on which dust would show within an hour of washing it..

Stunning when clean though, I love black cars.

Sun strip looks great BTW!
Sometimes think I wouldnt mind a bit of colour! Does look great when cleaned.

Sunstrip could do with being even lower but then it's getting daft 😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Driving to work today I noticed a slightly stutter when waiting at a set of traffic lights. Kept driving and then when stuck in traffic the idle began to hunt and the EML started to flash. Thankfully it got me there and I had a spare set of old injectors in my drawer.
Ended up worrying all day about driving back but managed to ease it home and gave it a bit of a blast down the carriageway to try clear it up.
Seemed to run a lot better but @Pudding of Yorkshire persuaded me to replace the injector just incase. Good job I did, as moving it closer to the garage got the EML flashing again.

Unfortunately I dont have enough room to get into the garage!
20201202_180428.jpg

Close enough 😬

So being careful on all connections I removed the fuel rail, probably safe to say they're the originals 😂
IMG-20201202-WA0017.jpeg

Measured the resistance on my Fisher price multimeter and I found the problem.
20201202_201607.jpg

Injector #4 is knackered then! All the other 3 seemed okay.
20201202_202128.jpg
20201202_202116.jpg
20201202_201744.jpg

So removed the injector, cleaned up the old ones and found the best used injector I had. Measured 14.5 ohms so got that fitted with some engine oil on the orings and then pushed the rail back onto the engine.
Fired it up and no more misfire, true test will be the drive to work tomorrow!
20201202_193721.jpg

Not what I had planned for the evening but theres nothing much else to do anyway at the moment 😂

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, f**k. Just done 33 pages on one eve. Cars awesome Louis. Loads of great ideas to steal 😋

Have you found the sound deadening has done much?

Don't suppose you have a part number for the non sport drip/under tray?

Not sold on the sun strip yet got to be honest but the rest is brilliant!

Did you sell the other 182?

✌️

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, f**k. Just done 33 pages on one eve. Cars awesome Louis. Loads of great ideas to steal 😋

Have you found the sound deadening has done much?

Don't suppose you have a part number for the non sport drip/under tray?

Not sold on the sun strip yet got to be honest but the rest is brilliant!

Did you sell the other 182?

✌️
Dont think I could do the full 33 pages myself Rob 😂

Like to think the cars come a long way, and it's definitely helped me develop my own skills. Theres not really a job that would overwhelm me now, just the difficulty of having one car means time isnt always on my side.

Sunstrip is a must just for that low sun as the seats are so low now. In truth, it needs to be about an inch lower but thatd be daft then 😂

Other 182 went, was mis-sold it as the engine was dead and I didnt have the facilities at my last house to swap it out! Should have removed the cat and sold it separate but didnt think about it at the time!

Sound deadening has also made a huge difference imho. Youd think the car would rattle a lot considering the mods, but its quite minimal really.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Wont rattle if I lob the b*****d out the window 😂

'Solved' the rattle on mine some years ago but the post got buried on here when someone disagreed with the cause... Funny how it worked if I was wrong on what caused it?

You need to cut a rubber spacer from some hosing a few mm thick and add to the spring in the knob with a thin layer of grease applied. Adds pre-load and mitigates some vibration, it doesn't get rid of all the rattle but it dampens it down rather a lot.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
'Solved' the rattle on mine some years ago but the post got buried on here when someone disagreed with the cause... Funny how it worked if I was wrong on what caused it?

You need to cut a rubber spacer from some hosing a few mm thick and add to the spring in the knob with a thin layer of grease applied. Adds pre-load and mitigates some vibration, it doesn't get rid of all the rattle but it dampens it down rather a lot.
I've hardly any rattle and I dont even notice it on normal driving upto 60. On the motorway it's a bit more pronounced.

I have an oring to go under the lift up reverse collar so will try that first then have a look into your idea.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Checked over my car today before setting off down the motorway to see family. Got the torque wrench out to click the wheel nuts and instead one stud decided it didnt want to be fastened to the car anymore 😂

20201224_184052.jpg

Nipped round to see @Pudding of Yorkshire who gave me a spare one. That's a job for boxing day then 🙄

Suprised it snapped so cleanly. Any recommendations for decent ones that dont corrode in 5 minutes?

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Same thing happened to me mate a few months ago,bought a whole new set after that & also making sure myself and anyone else who works on the car to not use a impact gun & do by hand.

Got to question. If the impact gun isn’t set to 200nm and operated correctly it shouldn’t be a problem.

If a gun is used up to torque correctly and they snap then it’s just crap quality wheel bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They were watfields 12.9s that I've had on for the last 3 years! Drove on the 3 anyway and it was fine, just went steady.

Going to have to find someone who is open and delivering over Christmas