ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big brakes using Renault parts?

Clio172cup rally car
I've been wanting to do this for a while but couldn't get the brackets from noos,

But I didn't manage to find the person who he buys them off to sell on and he only sells them for 160euros but he doesn't seem to reply to emails... Maybe he doesn't speak English, will try French lol

Last edited:
  182 trackday racer
I've been wanting to do this for a while but couldn't get the brackets from noos,

But I didn't manage to find the person who he buys them off to sell on and he only sells them for 160euros but he doesn't seem to reply to emails... Maybe he doesn't speak English, will try French lol

I think he quit business TBH. Quite a few had problems to get in touch with him get their money back etc.

If I decide to buy this kit Ill probably start making copys of the brackets and start selling them, but because of the cost of OE RenaultSport item they wount come cheap either.

The other route is Hi-Spec discs, custom brackets and bells along with used or new 197 calipers.

Hi-Spec custom bells are, £111+VAT each
Hi-Spec 300x28 discs are, £99+VAT each
Hi-Spec custom brackets are about, £40+VAT each

So thats £600 inc vat + pads and calipers. May be a better deal but you still have do design the damn things...

Last edited:
  Clio172cup rally car
Well I would defiantly want a set if you decide to replicate these.
I've already got the calipers , just need discs and brackets now

Mental 172 Cup
I have a set of calipers sat waiting to be fitted, just need the brackets and the discs.. I found a set of Grand Scenic Vented Discs which are 300x27 on eBay for £120. Dunno if these will be thick enough??

So basically I just need to source/engineer some brackets for these kits..

182 trackday racer
Last edited:
  Clio172cup rally car
Rsport mate :) or there is the ones that noos had for sale on here, but don't think anybody can get hold of him

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a wilwood 4 pot, ap 295 mm rotors and ds2500 pads conversion that will be available soon. It's fcuking epic.

Clio 172 RS2
^^^

Oops didn't read all the posts that well... :eek:

You guys already found the two piece set-up and suppliers. My bad.

Mental 172 Cup
I think he quit business TBH. Quite a few had problems to get in touch with him get their money back etc.

If I decide to buy this kit Ill probably start making copys of the brackets and start selling them, but because of the cost of OE RenaultSport item they wount come cheap either.

The other route is Hi-Spec discs, custom brackets and bells along with used or new 197 calipers.

Hi-Spec custom bells are, £111+VAT each
Hi-Spec 300x28 discs are, £99+VAT each
Hi-Spec custom brackets are about, £40+VAT each

So thats £600 inc vat + pads and calipers. May be a better deal but you still have do design the damn things...

What brackets do we need?

I didn't even see this post. I'll order some soon as..

Mental 172 Cup
I spoke to Hi Spec today and they said they wouldn't go near making anything for a Brembo Caliper.

Fail

Mental 172 Cup
Brackets is the easy part, they can be made by any machine shop. Bells takes a bit more work.

They said they can supply me with bells and rotors.. Just not brackets as they are made to fit their calipers.. I shall order the bells and rotors and then mock up a Caliper and then get brackets made up.

182 trackday racer
I was told to provide full drawings and measurements, I read your reply as you where told something else?

Mental 172 Cup

Ha my bad..

Im just going to go with 300mm tbh. But will mean I can't run any less then 16 so will make buying track wheels more difficult. Would be amazing to run 280mm discs with smaller brackets but have to modify the Caliper. Suppose it's not a major issue. Just a pain..

Clio172cup rally car
He's a nightmare to get hold of, I've emailed him must be at least 5 times in French and English but nothing!!
but 160 euros for the brackets is a good price :)

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmmmm, just noticed he does bells for the AP discs aswell....they should be better that Hispec right?

http://www.apracing.com/product_det...s/177.8mm_p.c.d.-bolted-cp3837-1004/1005.aspx

Bol aluminium pour piste de disque flottant

DISPO

Photo:

Qualité CNC
Entraxe moyeu 4x100 ou 5x108 (à préciser)
Entraxe 12x PCD177.6 ; 10x PCD176mm ; 8x PCD166 ; 8x PCD150 (pour disque AP ou Hi Spec)

210€ la paire de bol alu livré ou 220€ avec la visserie

Précision : moyennant une 10aine d'€ en plus par paire, je peux également inclure dans la fabrication des mm en plus d'épaisseur sur le moyeu. Au final vous pouvez conjuguer bol + élargisseur de voie dans une seule pièce ! Sur demande.

M3 & 182 trophy
i have done this but everything is just mock up just now using my own bracket i made, 300x24 senic discs just to get size right, IMG_1461.jpgIMG_1447.jpgIMG_1458.jpgbrembo 197 callipers but i would like to use the correct discs and brackets from r sport so just really needing some feedback 1st