ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

May need serious talk ;-) fed up with old ford engines!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Can you put a dyno graph up Matt,may convince me to come and get them ITBS fitted,how much extra over the normal package is it for the longer trumpets.

Trafic 140dci

Epic car, must of spent hours just staring at it last weekend :p lol

Can you put a dyno graph up Matt,may convince me to come and get them ITBS fitted,how much extra over the normal package is it for the longer trumpets.

With solid back plate filter, bonnet pins, slam panel removed and the few other bits required it's £220 Inc Vat additional on top of the standard kit price.

I will dig a graph out for you. Best example is probably Space Cadets phase 1 as that's a stock engine bar throttles.

ITB 428 Ph1

This car is fantastic, I was lucky enough to see it in the flesh while Matt worked his magic on my phase 1. Well done guys

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

Amazing build! Subscribed!

220 Trophy

Development partner, not test mule :) I do my best to find you some discount everytime you're in - we do really appreciate the repeat custom!

I was only joking – hope you took it that way. Looking forward to the next project/projects/next few projects…..where will it stop!?

(Probably 230bhp, sequential box, Quaife and now I’ve seen them - the Alcon’s!!)

I was only joking – hope you took it that way. Looking forward to the next project/projects/next few projects…..where will it stop!?

(Probably 230bhp, sequential box, Quaife and now I’ve seen them - the Alcon’s!!)

Of course I did :) Sadev ST75 with the lovely billet gear lever would be a rather fine addition......... just saying ;)

....I bet you only went to TDF for a fluid change and then Dr Faulks started pouring honey in your ear and months later you ended up with a touring-car!!

Good luck mate and also with the car.

(Mines a TDF car and it keeps going back for more and more work, nothing like yours yet but not a 100 miles away)
Haha, No actually I went to him with my grand plan and from day 1 he was massively supportive and gave a lot of input on what to modify from my original plan to ensure the money was best spent! The cars budget did increase over the course of the build but that was 100% down to me and Matt tried to reign me in as much as possible which I really admire as most companies would just be trying to maximise revenue.

Thank you very much and I hope I will see your car at some point
James thanks for the kind words! Really pleased you are happy with the car, you have been the driving force between how it turned out with very specific requests for components, locations etc. Everyone that has seen it has been bowled over by it and it's so hard to put across on a forum via a few pics quite how serious it is. It really does look hard as nails and has the performance and engineering to back that up!

The switch box is definately my favourite part of it, plus the fact that we made it adjustable so as the seat moves the switchbox can.
I think I would struggle not to be happy with it, just can't wait to drive it now :) Very kind of you to say thanks, I'm still sure I'm a pain in the arse even though you say I'm not lol! I'm also looking forward to many years of working with you guys and hopefully we'll get some decent results and give you some payback for all the hard work you've put in!

Haha I remember your face when I suggested that I thought we would just use an ice cream box and shove some switches in it ;)
Really can't wait to see this on the 21st now,making me very jealous,I don't know if I want to come in the car now James will put mine to shame.
I'm really looking forward to it, just got to hope the weather is okay! Not at all mate, all cars are built for various reasons and because of the way this car went then we could do some different stuff to what we would do with a road car! As I said in your project I love the choice of mod's you have gone for and love the car!!
s**t the bed! That's insane.

Is that a standard exhaust still? Looks long and I didn't see anything mentioned about a change.

Wish I had the money to pay someone to do all that, everything has been done so neat and cleanly it's unreal.
Thank you! As Matt says its not the standard exhaust it is a BTB exhaust but they custom made it to only incorporate one back box as to save weight and also fitted specific tips that I asked for, The welding on it is a piece of art!
Of course I did :) Sadev ST75 with the lovely billet gear lever would be a rather fine addition......... just saying ;)
Two of those please Matt one for me and one for Space Cadet ;)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Thanks,I think I am going to come away from snetterton wanting to spend some cash,what tyres are you using for snetterton?

Clio Cup by RIKUS

I envie you mate! awsome car !

Thanks,I think I am going to come away from snetterton wanting to spend some cash,what tyres are you using for snetterton?
Haha I can try and discourage you if you want ;) lol! I'm going be running the R888's if its too bad to use them then it won't be good enough to do the setup or at least thats what i'm thinking :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC

Just stunning, attention to detail is second the none in every department. The wrap colour is spot on, well done to everyone involved :D

182cup & 172 racecar

Glad to see it's just about finished James,bet you can't wait.

Matt and the boy's have done excellent job on it,and looks better than when I last saw it,still all in bits.

Be good to see it complete one day.

220 Trophy

Haha I can try and discourage you if you want ;) lol! I'm going be running the R888's if its too bad to use them then it won't be good enough to do the setup or at least thats what i'm thinking :)

You will be pleasantly surprised with the 888's even if its poor weather. I've been really impressed with them the last couple of times out at Brands when it properly biblically rained, they were actually fantastic and very predictable. Wouldn't recommend pushing them on the roads in the wet with the usual leaves and traffic film though, but on the track they were great. Because of this I sold my 2nd set of wheels with Spec-2's on that I was planning to swap over to if it rained.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

That looks epic James well worth the wait, thanks for the info/updates along the way :cool:

Fancy running for pinks on your 1st visit to Harewood (best make it 1st time up as well, in the wet ! ) :p

Glad to see it's just about finished James,bet you can't wait.

Matt and the boy's have done excellent job on it,and looks better than when I last saw it,still all in bits.

Be good to see it complete one day.
Thanks Tony, I really can't its going to be a special day!

Thanks for your help aswell much appreciated, yours and Jay's posts about your car has really inspired me along the way!

Well i'm sure we will be at the same test/track day at some point soon and if not then I will see you at one of the CSCC races :)

You will be pleasantly surprised with the 888's even if its poor weather. I've been really impressed with them the last couple of times out at Brands when it properly biblically rained, they were actually fantastic and very predictable. Wouldn't recommend pushing them on the roads in the wet with the usual leaves and traffic film though, but on the track they were great. Because of this I sold my 2nd set of wheels with Spec-2's on that I was planning to swap over to if it rained.
Yes I have used them before on my last car and they are actually quite surprising, I was out at Donington on them once and it chucked it down. Everyone else came into the pits but I just took it easy and then built up the speed and felt very comfortable on them. That was until a river started to form down the middle of the craners! Yes I have got a set of road wheels that I need to flog when I get a chance!
That looks epic James well worth the wait, thanks for the info/updates along the way :cool:

Fancy running for pinks on your 1st visit to Harewood (best make it 1st time up as well, in the wet ! ) :p
Thanks Colin, It was a pleasure thanks for advice and assistance at the hill climb :)

Haha I'm always up for a cheeky bet but I would be crazy to bet against you! I'm a massive believer in talent over car spec and now I need to get myself upto a good enough standard to do the car some justice. The plan is start slow and build it up without making too many mistakes! (Fingers crossed)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

All round awesome! :D Congratulations on a FANTASTIC build and enjoy yourself; I'm sure you will. Also a hearty pat on the back for Matt and the TDF crew. Looks like another job well done! :D

EDIT: Jealous...

TTRS & V50

Absolutely bang on !!

TDF are da s**t !

Thank you all very much for the kind comments :)

I need to decide on a colour scheme next it was always going to be the Matt grey wrap with orange mirrors, diamonds, bullets and potentially wheels but now i'm not 100% as I think it looks good as it is with the light and dark grey! What should I go for?

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING

His car is something crazy!
Had a look around it and was gob smacked at everything in it!!

220 Trophy

Thank you all very much for the kind comments :)

I need to decide on a colour scheme next it was always going to be the Matt grey wrap with orange mirrors, diamonds, bullets and potentially wheels but now i'm not 100% as I think it looks good as it is with the light and dark grey! What should I go for?

James, everyone will have an opinion and probably different, but my 2p would be to go 'Cup' style with black mirrors, side strips and wheels etc, the orange might look good for a while but then you'd only want to change it at a later date, keep it subtle and you'll always like it. Possibly satin black would look good with the matt grey?, although gloss would 'brighten' it up a bit. Mark

Golf GTD Mk7

Just had a little sex wee over that. The control box is ace. Very tidy stuff.

1eight2

Car modification - Your doing it right.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

James, it looks awesome as it is tbh!

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated :) Yes Mark I think your right the orange would be a bit of a phase, I hadn't really thought about black I will have a play on photoshop and see what looks good :). I am getting more and more tempted into just leaving it as is though and save some cash! Thanks again and I will post up pics as it develops

Clio

Wow, great work by tdf there and what a gorgeous colour

220 Trophy

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated :) Yes Mark I think your right the orange would be a bit of a phase, I hadn't really thought about black I will have a play on photoshop and see what looks good :). I am getting more and more tempted into just leaving it as is though and save some cash! Thanks again and I will post up pics as it develops[/QUOTE

You could have a go at the mirrors and side strips etc with a rattle-can, wheels would cost circa £250 to do properly so wont end up costing a fortune (or nothing compared to the cost of the car........!!) I’ve got satin black 2118’s on my silver 172 along with (for the moment) black 3m carbon wrapped mirrors, side-strips, roof and spoiler and the contrast looks great. Next job though is to remove the carbon-wrap and do it properly with satin black. I think the same would look great with your matt grey.

Yes I was thinking that and I might just go and get a few cans made up and have a play around when I get some time off :) Luckily I have a guy who can sort me out with doing the wheels on the cheap so would be less than £100 per set but I think i'm just going to save the money and run the wheels the standard colours for now a if I do one set them my OCD would mean I need to do them all lol! Have you got any photos of yours Mark I had a look the other day but couldn't see any?

220 Trophy

I’ve got a quote for £300 to have my roof and spoiler sprayed satin by my friendly body shop, I’m sure they’ll do the mirrors and side strips for a few quid extra. The original reason for wrapping was that I was left with a hole when I removed the aerial and then I managed to pull little dents into the roof when I removed the head lining and sound deadening (Obviously I’ll know for next time!). So I filled the hole and dents and rather than paying to have it sprayed when I could contribute to the ‘Save a Faulks’ foundation I wrapped everything myself. Did a good job, but it doesn’t look as smart as properly spraying and at the end of the day carbon wrap looks fake doesn’t it.

Bite the bullet and finish your car off mate - £150 all in and it’ll look the nuts.

I should’ve done a build thread, but it’s too far down the line now and I don’t have enough spare time to spend a day writing a thread and taking photos, plus I’m rubbish at posting photos up.

No close-up shots of the car, just tried to upload a photo but it didn’t work (please don’t bother trying to help me anyone).

Last edited:

Hahaha at 'Save a Faulks' foundation lol :)! Sounds good I'm sure it'll look great!

Yes I will have a play on photoshop and see what colours I might go with.

I'm sure it would of made for a good read but I know what you mean I can imagine it would take an age! No worries about the photo thanks for trying though, I'm sure I will see it at Matt's at some point in the future.