ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black E92 335i

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Sold the black Meg to move house nearly a year ago now.
Once all moved in I thought id treat the driveway to a new car

CCC Pro Nav with voice
Comfort access
Split armrest
Bluetooth
DAB
Folding mirrors
Coral Red Leather
Heated Seats
Sun glass package
Extended lights

IMG_20140404_180434_zpsesljlhen.jpg

20140523_211542_LLS_zpscjyegp4g.jpg

20140523_205530_zpsdib2auhv.jpg

Added some Cree LED bulbs, Boot lip spoiler and some spacers
20140715_112138_zpsqkj9wn4x.jpg

20140715_112115_zpsmz1w0xp8.jpg

Had the trims re-trimmed in alcantera

10747847_295263380681197_900764688_n.jpg

10735317_535508386593123_1742865870_n.jpg

Then got a plate for it

10632386_932055273476495_729702585_n.jpg

Very smart, I like that a lot!

I don't understand a few of the packs though (I rarely do with BM's) what are these?
Comfort access, Sun glass package, Extended lights

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Hush Mitt :p
Where else is it to go?

Cat

Comfort access allows the car to be locked and unlocked and started with the key in your pocket.
Sun glass is a tint on the rear 3 windows
Extended lights are door handle lights that come on when you unlock also various ambient lights set in the roof lining and door cards

Hush Mitt :tongueout:
Where else is it to go?

Cat

Comfort access allows the car to be locked and unlocked and started with the key in your pocket.
Sun glass is a tint on the rear 3 windows
Extended lights are door handle lights that come on when you unlock also various ambient lights set in the roof lining and door cards
Ah cool, nice options!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea id like a go in a 335d too, crazy amount or torque.

Theres 1000's of ways around the crappy security. And BMW disabled the OBD ports so its not possible to code a blank key from the car anymore.
Id never let that put me off buying a car.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Love the shape on these - BMW got the coupe (especially the top end with twin pipes) just spot on right.

I think silver for some reason works especially well on them.

Nice purchase :)

clio 182 trophy
Yea id like a go in a 335d too, crazy amount or torque.
My mate part ex'd his in BMW cardiff on wed for a 135i. We had a good drive before we took it in. They go very well, will miss that car.
Was suprised how well the 135i goes too.

Golf 7R
Lovely purchase, looks great.

I was toying with buying one a while back, but couldn't find a decent spec/colour.
Enjoy.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Thanks for the kind words.
Lavish automotive did the trims, they are of a good quality.
I fancy a JB4 for it, maybe next year, in the summer :)

Love the M135i, we borrowed one as part of our local dealers media day, the thing was sooo much fun, huge love for the 7 speed DCT box.
The M235i is supposed to be an even better package

172, Tiguan
Lovely car. Very similar to my brothers. Get it mapped, you won't regret it, his is an animal now!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Lovely car. Very similar to my brothers. Get it mapped, you won't regret it, his is an animal now!
Is his petrol?
I like the sound of the JB4 as its plug and play, then when it needs to go into the dealers, you literally flash back, then unplug it and its like its never been there, from what Ive read

335i touring
Is his petrol?
I like the sound of the JB4 as its plug and play, then when it needs to go into the dealers, you literally flash back, then unplug it and its like its never been there, from what Ive read
The jb4 is a piggy back ecu, you have to take go into the ecu box, disconnect some connectors and plug in the jb4 harness. It's not hard and takes around 30 mins once your used to it. The Cobb ap is a lot easier to use as you flash the car through the obd port. Both have there's advantages. I'm currently running the Cobb but i may refit the jb4 when I go fbo again

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
The jb4 is a piggy back ecu, you have to take go into the ecu box, disconnect some connectors and plug in the jb4 harness. It's not hard and takes around 30 mins once your used to it. The Cobb ap is a lot easier to use as you flash the car through the obd port. Both have there's advantages. I'm currently running the Cobb but i may refit the jb4 when I go fbo again
More reading is obviously required.
Cheers

335i touring
Warranty is the sole reason I've left mine alone. The Cobb option does sound the safest option though.
Tis a shame as such a simple mod changes the car completely. For the record I've made various claims, just removed the device first

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Tis a shame as such a simple mod changes the car completely. For the record I've made various claims, just removed the device first
Youve had both did you say?

Fancy listing the advantages and disadvantaged of both, mainly to aid me being lazy and reading through 10's of posts on E90post :)

335i touring
Youve had both did you say?

Fancy listing the advantages and disadvantaged of both, mainly to aid me being lazy and reading through 10's of posts on E90post :smile:

Still got both.

Cobb + easier to install, hand held device to monitor + log, loaded with loads of maps for different mods, alters timing curve
- generally more expensive, takes longer to switch maps, tend to run more boost to achieve similar power to jb4

Jb4 + change maps on the go through steering wheel, again different maps for different mods, easy to integrate with meth if you wanted to go that route, generally cheaper
- harder to install, stock timing curve, need to connect to laptop to log,

You wouldn't be disappointed in either, they both do a good job. Smiles for £ you can't beat the JB4 in my opinion

Leon Cupra 300
That's really smart, good choice..

I never quite get the spacers though, I think they look daft.

Door handle lights are standard on the 6 cylinder ones..

Recently picked up another BMW but went for a proper engine!