ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boaby Tapp'd™ 306 GTI-6 Track Project.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Re: My Budget Track Project. (GTI-6 Ph1)

New Cobra sliding subframe came today, hopefully it fits. New throttle cable and clutch cables came too. Managed to salvage the OMP drivers subframe and modified it to fit the passenger seat in a fixed position.

Hopefully my cousin (John) can get the cables done this week if the weather clears. All I need to do on Saturday is fit the seats/harnesses, sticker up, fuel up and we're good to go.

Not sure what to do given the weather, wouldn't mind so much if the track direction was normal as I've driven circa 30 laps so know it quite well but it's in reverse on Sunday.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Access to a ramp. Its on one in that pic ffs!
A proper ramp :p
Passenger ride on sunday if I come up?
Stevo, hopefully I can squeeze some of you in but the 4 owners of the car are gony be there (weather permitting) so I might struggle.

Just hope it's competitive enough. I wasn't impressed on the motorway on the way home from Carlisle when we bought it. Hoping the throttle cable fixes it as the last one was stretched to f**k.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

You free on Saturday John? Fancy trying a decat in the rain on rusty ramps?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Lol you sell it so well! But no afraid not, only day this week with the wife and it's my father in laws retirement lunch so not a chance of getting to roll about on the floor with you!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

YALDY!

Rattling cat will have to do then lol.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

It's the weather and deadline thats the problem mate, I'd rather not attempt it myself on Saturday and mess up my chances of tracking it on Sunday.

Rb 182

It's the weather and deadline thats the problem mate, I'd rather not attempt it myself on Saturday and mess up my chances of tracking it on Sunday.

Thats just asking for trouble, i'd leave well alone. No point trying to rush it on for something to break and have no car to take up.

Just leave it till after. Not like it'll give it much more than a few bhp.

Thats just asking for trouble, i'd leave well alone. No point trying to rush it on for something to break and have no car to take up.

Just leave it till after. Not like it'll give it much more than a few bhp.

This. No use in rushing it.

Good luck for Sunday!!

LY Megane R26 230

If the cats fucked i'd say thats not helping it on the power side of things

Cables are quite an easy job to do,did one on half hour on my old s/c 6

I thought about changing the throttle cable, but was assured it had been done quite recently before I bought it... would be worth checking it though - if you can't get wide open throttle, you obviously won't be getting full power!

LY Megane R26 230

I thought about changing the throttle cable, but was assured it had been done quite recently before I bought it... would be worth checking it though - if you can't get wide open throttle, you obviously won't be getting full power!

You can also adjust the throttle cable

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Exactly my thinking.

The old cable is a riot, utter bodge job.

LY Megane R26 230

With the little brass bit with the flat head screw? Done it but never tested due to lack of insurance.

no there should be a little silver clip that you can take out and adjust on the throtle end of the plastic sheath. and ridges in the housing to move it along

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Sunday has came too soon, thermostat housing won't be here till Tuesday, Demon Tweeks have sent the wrong base mount subframe, will probably get my replacement for Monday.

Gutted! Sorry lads.

225 meg

Sunday has came too soon, thermostat housing won't be here till Tuesday, Demon Tweeks have sent the wrong base mount subframe, will probably get my replacement for Monday.

Gutted! Sorry lads.

You still want to go up we'll take the R and mine? Or are you just going to leave it :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

I'll still fire up mate, pm me your number.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Drivers seat and harness in.

af4b063c.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Already cancelled the trailer dude.

I'll insure it in a couple of weeks and get it up the c
Campsies for a blast. Make sure it handles well etc.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

It's not towed, sold or scrapped..

Yet.