ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bobby's 172 Cup progress thread

Clio 172 Cup
I thought the H&R's were too soft. Good road coilover though as I think they ride well compared to others.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work bobby. I went out in toms clio today (Christopher's old ph1) and I was surprised on how comfy and well handling the h&r's were. However I would of thought they'd have damping adjustment considering the price of them new :S

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
£800 ish i think?

Ment to be the same as Billies but a harder spring rate, although the pistons are much bigger id say.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thought was closer to the £1k Mark? Maybe they've come down in price. They was decent tbf but I just would of thought they'd come with damping adjustability.

Audi A5
Na definetly not damper adjustable. I think they can be had for cheaper than 1k, your probably just looking on k-tec's website ;)

Audi A5
Update

with the track day booked for February I kept thinking about tyres and even though the maxxis feel quite good and look to get quite good reviews I wanted to try the AD08R's out so yesterday I ordered some and this morning they arrived...

11671257125_d4e33a6d7b_c.jpg

DSC_0171 by bobby683, on Flickr

stayed behind at work to day to get them on and now I just need to sell the maxxis to get them out the way.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Na definetly not damper adjustable. I think they can be had for cheaper than 1k, your probably just looking on k-tec's website ;)

Ktec dont sell H&Rs but Euro Car Part's do.
Im going for the BC Racing set, £750 and damping adjustable. They even do different spring rate's.

Im hoping to come to Bedford, ill only be in my van though.

Audi A5
Ktec dont sell H&Rs but Euro Car Part's do.
Im going for the BC Racing set, £750 and damping adjustable. They even do different spring rate's.

Im hoping to come to Bedford, ill only be in my van though.

I thought you was going to bring the ph1 until I got to the van bit! Lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Lol, im skint at the moment also the weather will still be crap.

I think Sunglass is going so ill follow him.
My van has all my tool's in so ill be mechanical support for him as well.

Yeah their good as a road tyre, especially in the wet. Their for 15's, not 16's...
If your wanting to get rid of the old ones, drop me a pm with some pics and a price and I'll see what I can do :)
If they have some life left in them

Im actually in real need of some before i find a ditch

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pal. Im looking to get a new set of these in a few weeks too for mine. Makes a big difference and there decent quality too :)

Where did you get them from and how much were they bud?

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Thought was closer to the £1k Mark? Maybe they've come down in price. They was decent tbf but I just would of thought they'd come with damping adjustability.

H&rs are 912 new. Although there not adjustable they stiffen up when cornering hard which stops the body roll

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Update

with the track day booked for February I kept thinking about tyres and even though the maxxis feel quite good and look to get quite good reviews I wanted to try the AD08R's out so yesterday I ordered some and this morning they arrived...

11671257125_d4e33a6d7b_c.jpg

DSC_0171 by bobby683, on Flickr

stayed behind at work to day to get them on and now I just need to sell the maxxis to get them out the way.

I absolutely love these tyres!!!
Also where did you get the car mats from? I defo need another set of those, finish the interior off nicely

Audi A5
Those boys don't look bad at all!

Any plans for the interior? Wheel and boss. Anything else?

Not sure yet, I'm torn between going all stripped out or just upgrade the cup interior to FF interior and maybe some treadlines, we're see, just want to get it driving proper first before I worry too much about that.

Nice pal. Im looking to get a new set of these in a few weeks too for mine. Makes a big difference and there decent quality too :)

Where did you get them from and how much were they bud?

Yeah they do make all the difference, I've had to have a set in every RS I've had! Got them from my work and was a tad under £50 I think.

I absolutely love these tyres!!!
Also where did you get the car mats from? I defo need another set of those, finish the interior off nicely

See above Tom :)

Audi A5
LOL! Trust you to say that.

I do love your trophy and would love to go the same way, shame you won't be coming Bedford now :(

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I need to have some more back injections, and the date they have given me is Friday the 14th for my next appointment, and it can have me laid up for a few days afterwards, the trackday could be asking for trouble if I try to push myself to soon.
but saying that, the Trophy wouldn't be ready in time anyhow, so the next planned outing for it will be the ring in April and then again in may :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
depending how I feel, ill tag a long on the day as a few mates are going, but I certainly wont be out on track.

see you then :)

Audi A5
Update.

So yesterday was a day to start fixing all the niggly little issues.

first up, the car is a bit hesitant to start so checked the battery, that was fine, checked all the earth and live feeds, they seems all ok so its looking like a starter motor so ive got one of them on the way from a fellow CS member.

When playing around in the engine bay I saw the TB was a bit dirty so cleaned that up.

11773164843_e992d665bc_c.jpg

DSC_0191 by bobby683, on Flickr

11773165823_f9d57fb69e_c.jpg

DSC_0192 by bobby683, on Flickr

All cleaned.

11773165853_00fefebf10_c.jpg

DSC_0193 by bobby683, on Flickr

The bearing for the drivers side top mount turned up as well so got that on.

11773166733_368bd03dc7_c.jpg

DSC_0194 by bobby683, on Flickr

A couple pics of the old vs new, new being on the left, old on the right.

11773795086_92e5912321_c.jpg

DSC_0202 by bobby683, on Flickr

11773795046_395acae5af_c.jpg

DSC_0201 by bobby683, on Flickr

11773795006_5a51bde0bf_c.jpg

DSC_0200 by bobby683, on Flickr

Next up I cut the little bit of plastic that sits in the fog light hole as they annoy me.

11773795626_0bab37b246_c.jpg

DSC_0204 by bobby683, on Flickr

Had an oil leak from the gearbox area so cleaned it all up and run the engine for a bit, found the oil coming though the seal between the casing and the 5th gear cover. going to look into the best method for fixing this, probably a new seal of mastic.

11773166783_a1a7e94cc3_c.jpg

DSC_0198 by bobby683, on Flickr

Next, the central locking kept locking even when I had the boot open, it's as the sensor wasn't registering that the boot was open, so I whipped the boot trim off to find this.

11773097585_5f1960868b_c.jpg

DSC_0209 by bobby683, on Flickr

11773098555_7b962800b3_c.jpg

DSC_0210 by bobby683, on Flickr

Connection for the sensor in the catch had corroded and snapped off so that's on my list of bits to get.

Next up was the bullets, they had been carbon wrapped and I wanted them back to standard so removed the wrap.

11773795666_1a084bd9d5_c.jpg

DSC_0207 by bobby683, on Flickr

One of them was like this underneath the wrap.

11773795646_2896f0910a_c.jpg

DSC_0206 by bobby683, on Flickr

Luckily the paint just scrapped off with a Stanley blade, so they came out like this.

11773096995_62d22e8fe3_c.jpg

DSC_0208 by bobby683, on Flickr

I also removed all the stickers, the sun strip and the carbon wrap on the rear diamond.

That's about it for now :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
That throttle body looks horrific :\ I check mine every month after hearing other peoples problems but each time its been fine thankfully. Looks like you need to clean the induction kit and re-oil it well.

Nice to see you're doing a good job tidying it up

Audi A5
Update.

Had my smaller steering wheel turned up the other day and fitted it shortly after, it has seen better days but I got it cheap so cant complain.

11842129784_f3e39a6375_c.jpg

IMG_2005 by bobby683, on Flickr

I decided to remove the omp cap off the little trim that sits in the middle

11842129784_f3e39a6375_c.jpg

IMG_2005 by bobby683, on Flickr

The handbrake wasn't working that well and I found the o/s/r calliper to be causing that so have a replacement on the way.

Also have some camber bolts on the way so more camber soon.

Audi A5
Cheers Graham, I think it's a 320.

yeah still have the cap, you can have it if you want it.

I've just noticed I've put the same pic up twice, the second one is suppose to be without the cap, on well lol.

Audi A5
I got a few more jobs rattled out this weekend.

0146_zpse0ed2f65.jpg

their was a slight bit of play in the passenger side bottom ball joint so I replaced that.

Also after bringing the ride height up a bit the other week the tracking was quite away out so I needed to adjust the inner rack joints, unfortunately the drivers side one was seized solid so I had to cut the inner rack joint in half to remove it and I replaced the track rod end at the same time for good measure.

0149_zpsc836ce25.jpg

on a couple tight roundabout i've noticed the wheels rubbing slightly on part of the arches so I wanted to get this sorted before the track day.

see the black line, that's what I plan to cut to.

0159_zps2b7c19dc.jpg

next up was the gearbox oil leak, at first I thought it was just going to be a new seal needed on the 5th gear cover but when I got the cover off I soon found something else...

0145_zpsa6f890f8.jpg

0154_zpsbb54fc70.jpg

0157_zps0f9f27f4.jpg

IMG_2036_zps80173cd2.jpg

IMG_2037_zpscd32cd55.jpg

so yeah, the casing is f**ked so im trying to source a new box atm should hopfully be able to get one within a week and then ill have to take a couple days off work to get it sorted, very frustrating but these things happen.

Last edited:
  Audi A5
I know Dan, was a bit disheartening when I saw it, it does drive fine atm though so atleast I can drive it til I source another one.