ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye M3, hello French tin can!

mk1 f7p turbo
clio is lovely !
a good choice in my opinion
as lovely as m3's are i'd be too scared of damaging it in the slightest bit. For that reason i'd probably never use one to its full potential on a road or the track.
the clio however.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I went down the same route, mate. RB182 for me as well :cool:

Miss the M3 massively.

DSC02453.jpg

Z4
As I've got some time off work I thought I'd have a play with correcting the headlights.

Method was 1200 wet and dry, followed by 2000, followed by a machine polish with some 3.02 on a white hex pad, then 106 on a black hex pad. Came out well, but still not perfect! Probably should have gone at it with the wet and dry a little harder, didn't want to do anything irreversible.

Before:
IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

After:
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Trafic 140dci
lights look really good mate, might have to ask you to machine polish mine, as i sanded them down fine, but i thought AG SRP by hand would be enough to polish them up... i was wrong lol gonna try some Meg's Scratch X tomorrow tho :)

Soon to be 172
A lovely car there Chris! Really like the little touches with spraying the dash inserts etc, makes it just that bit individual to others out there. Like the look of the bmw aswell

Z4
lights look really good mate, might have to ask you to machine polish mine, as i sanded them down fine, but i thought AG SRP by hand would be enough to polish them up... i was wrong lol gonna try some Meg's Scratch X tomorrow tho :)

Cheers.
If you get in a muddle mate you're more than welcome :)

Z4
A lovely car there Chris! Really like the little touches with spraying the dash inserts etc, makes it just that bit individual to others out there. Like the look of the bmw aswell

Thanks, it's coming along well! Will be giving the car a full machine polish/ detail when the weather gets better so I'll update more then I'm sure.

Z4
Looking good mate!

Keep her clean for when I want it back! lol ;)

I intend to mate lol. Mate of mine has a nice new camera (around £1500 worth!) so may have to have a photo session at some point soon to get you jealous again haha ;)

FFS another person reminding me that I'm yet to sort my headlights out.

Do it! It's easy enough, and makes a nice difference.

Nice upgrade.

..thanks

I surprised the build quality is not driving you crazy after have the M!

Tbh, it's not tooo bad.
The only thing that stresses me out is the steering wheel feeling rough, why Renault couldn't make a steering wheel that doesn't melt is beyond a joke!
It doesn't rattle, it's reliable, can't really grumble.

The general feel of the interior is cheap plastics, but that's to be expected. My only other gripe is the low end pull is poor, it also doesn't help my works van is a turbo diesel so I'm used to a bit more poke low down! Rs tuner may help, if I can be bothered :)

Tbh, it's not tooo bad.
The only thing that stresses me out is the steering wheel feeling rough, why Renault couldn't make a steering wheel that doesn't melt is beyond a joke!
It doesn't rattle, it's reliable, can't really grumble.

The general feel of the interior is cheap plastics, but that's to be expected. My only other gripe is the low end pull is poor, it also doesn't help my works van is a turbo diesel so I'm used to a bit more poke low down! Rs tuner may help, if I can be bothered :)

I agree - depending on how much it bothers you you could get one of the retrim ones from one of the guys on here they look fantastic - just waiting for mine now.
I know what you mean about that I drive my dad's tdi now and again and it always seems rapid low down in comparison! I got myself one of the RS tuners cos people on here rave about its effects on low down go go but I've yet to try it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Thats really nice, remember the cup on the forum.

Sticky door handles though :rofl:

Z4
Had a busy day on tin can!
Had a day off work so decided to try out my machine polisher for the first time, only had time to do the bonnet as it took far longer than expected LOL.

Washed and rinsed the car thoroughly, then got to work with the clay bar, I didn't think it would make much difference but I was amazed how smooth it felt afterwards.
Here's the yucky paint I had to deal with...

before1.jpg

b4.jpg

before3.jpg

b42.jpg

Started off light using 106 on white hex pad, no results. Tried 3.02 on white, same again. 106 on green pad, improvement but not enough, ended up using the 3.02 on the green which worked quite well. Still took forever on the das6! Refined it after the cut with some 3.02 on white, then 106 on white.

I didn't take many during as I got stuck in! Here's a couple though, top left has been done.
during-1.jpg

during2.jpg

After splitting it up into such small areas I actually found I worked better with larger areas, doh.
1/4s ended up being my favoured technique.

Once I'd hit the desired cut (still not 100%) probably around 80% correction I slapped on a couple of coats of Poorboys blackhole.
To finish off I layered up a few coats of Autoglym HD wax, lovely wax tbh.
Was really annoyed as I've got some Z6 somewhere but could't find it anywhere :(

Here are the afters, lighting isn't as fair as I would have liked but I can't change the weather. Maybe get a few shots on my proper camera tomorrow, iPhone for now.
after2.jpg

after3.jpg

after1.jpg

afterr.jpg

after4.jpg

Cheers for looking!

02 Clio 172
Good job on the paint, love my cars when there clean but I just don't have the patience or correct knowledge to get such a good finish :/

Z4
Looks lovely, i'd love to be able to get my car looking like that :)

Cheers mate, bugs me when things arent perfect looking! I won't be needing those spare rims btw don't think I'll have time to do them but cheers anyway.
When I get some more time I will be repainting the wheels, they're ok ATM but they're a matt finish, I want to do them gloss white and I'm thinking about having a silver flake put in the lacquer for a pearesant effect.

Z4
Good job on the paint, love my cars when there clean but I just don't have the patience or correct knowledge to get such a good finish :/

The knowledge is all over the Internet bud, there's another chap on here with a mint RB 182 and he's been a fantastic help telling me what products would work well.
As for doing it, it's really not rocket science. Half of me wishes I had the balls for a proper rotary machine as a da really does take a long time to get good correction.

If you want the results, I'd say to for it.

Trafic 140dci
Cheers mate, bugs me when things arent perfect looking! I won't be needing those spare rims btw don't think I'll have time to do them but cheers anyway.
When I get some more time I will be repainting the wheels, they're ok ATM but they're a matt finish, I want to do them gloss white and I'm thinking about having a silver flake put in the lacquer for a pearesant effect.
It's ok mate, i always have 2 sets now, so give me a shout as they'll always be here.

Also who would you use round Norwich for a refurb? Need these f1's done, don't want a special job, just cheap and cheerful :)

Z4
Lol looking good though Chris!

I long to have it back one day lol.

Haha you never know.
In an ideal world I'd get the wheels redone as I said earlier, spacers, polorized wheel nuts, and an rs tuner.

Realisticly I don't know how much of that list will get completed, the concept behind getting this was to save money for a house! I may leave it alone and leave it for the next owner to 'finish', fancy it Matt?

Z4
It's ok mate, i always have 2 sets now, so give me a shout as they'll always be here.

Also who would you use round Norwich for a refurb? Need these f1's done, don't want a special job, just cheap and cheerful :)

Not a clue mate, if I were you I'd be tempted to have a go yourself! I've had a set done in the past but that company are no longer around.

Finished the rest of the car cleaning today, shattered.
Ill update with photos etc later.

Z4
Ok, here's the rest of the 'detail'.

Washed the car down again, rinsed, then iron X'd the shiit out of it! I knew there was a bit of tar but I was actually amazed what came off, fantastic product.

iron1.jpg

iron2.jpg

iron3.jpg

Had another crack at restoring one of the headlights I wasn't aggressive enough with the first time around, it came up perfect! I'd say 95% corrected. Such a quick process when you know how, I'd recommend it to anyone :) 15 mins a light tbh.

I then cleaned/rinsed and clayed the whole car (bar the bonnet!)
I'm not anal enough at this detailing lark to take a photo of the dirty clay bar so you'll have to take my word lol.

Cheeky 50/50 of the grill after treating it
grill.jpg

grill5050.jpg

All the plastics were treated at the same time, cleaned all the door shuts and gave the engine bay a wipe down.

I didn't feel the whole car needed correction, this was a judgement call as I didn't have time plus defects can be ideally hidden using the right products anyway.
The rest of the car had a few coats of poor boys blackhole, followed by AG HD wax again.
Wheels Iron X'd, tyres cleaned and added tyre shine bla blah!

Afters.
1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I'm not a born and bred detailer, no unicorn semen was used and I didn't take photos of literally ever stage due to time restraints, but all in all I'm a happy boy!
Thanks for looking, C&C as ever is welcomed.