ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I fit 17 Alloys (Part 2)

I posted a topic a while ago asking if I could fit 17" Alloys with 205/40/17 tyres on my 1999 Clio 1.6 16V?

After contacting several dealers of alloy wheels some of them said 17s will fit no problem (WheelbaseDirect.co.uk) and others say, not without extensive modifications (PerformanceAlloys.com).

I dont want to make any mods to fit them on so I could do with some advice as to whether they really do fit.

The existing alloys on are OZ SuperTs wil 195/50/15 and there isnt much space, roughly 10-20mm between the wheels and suspension (front and back)

Lionel Richie

You CAN definately fit 17s AND lower it 60mm NO arch mods needed. Several people including me have done this. Its the same for ALL clios 1998 onwards (dont listen to the crap the wheel places tell you, i was told 16s wouldnt fit!!!)

*I have 17s on me 1999 Rsi 1.6 16V but im changing down to 16s because A they hinder performance, ruin tracking, steering, suspension everything!!! Look good but thats about it, and before people starting saying thats poo - remember they wont wreck a 1.2 16V as much because there simply is no power in this engine to cause any bother. Stick to 16s mate - clios only really meant to take 14s (Rsi model) and 16s (172)!! But its up to you, just sort the suspension with coilovers or Koni adjustables first!