ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Layout at FCS (specific colours)

I will be attending FCS in a..

• Total voters
  Megane 225 F1
Brian i think that aslong as yellow and red cars stay around the same number you will be able to form some sort of pattern with them.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
if all goes to plan then what will it look like? all the cars just separated into colours or will u be going for a pretty pattern?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
if all goes to plan then what will it look like? all the cars just separated into colours or will u be going for a pretty pattern?

It'll look like a load of clio's.
No, all the cars won't be separated into colours - That was never going to happen.

Anything planned yet?

There are pre-show plans (several ideas, possible layouts) but the real planning won't be done until we get to Rockingham on the 12th. But rest assured, if you're prepared to be patient, we will direct you to a parking space and hopefully (when all the cars are in position) it'll look better than a car park.

ITB BG 182
lowest form of wit but also highest form of intelligence.

I can see with what ever gets arranged going tits up because people will let the team down.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Have you got loads of club members lending a hand to sort the stand out Brain?

It's funny you should ask that James!

I've been inundated with 1 offer of help from the members of ClioSport.
Fortunately we have generous admin and moderator staff that have volunteered their valubale time.

Megane 225 F1
Brian. If you havent a plan yet, why dont you organise into regions of the uk? So everyone is placed into a certain area. That way people wondering around will be able to see whos from what area?

Oh and i may be able to lend you a hand. (Bux will aswell if we can)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Brian. If you havent a plan yet, why dont you organise into regions of the uk? So everyone is placed into a certain area. That way people wondering around will be able to see whos from what area?

Oh and i may be able to lend you a hand. (Bux will aswell if we can)

Only problem is no one would mix then, everyone will stay grouped up even more so.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Since post #94, I've had some more offers of help. I won't have time to reply today, but I WILL reply. Cheers

On the subject of car layout: I will be very basic, the only thing that will 100% be happening wil be the timeline. Anything else is subject to the stand assesment on the saturday. I think some people seriously under-estimate how difficult it is to park 150-200 cars.
I've only taken this on because of complaints in previous years, I'm only obliged to do the merchandise on the day.

alien green rs133
It's funny you should ask that James!

I've been inundated with 1 offer of help from the members of ClioSport.
Fortunately we have generous admin and moderator staff that have volunteered their valubale time.

was that me???

it might of been i cant honestly remember

but i will help non the less

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Since post #94, I've had some more offers of help. I won't have time to reply today, but I WILL reply. Cheers

On the subject of car layout: I will be very basic, the only thing that will 100% be happening wil be the timeline. Anything else is subject to the stand assesment on the saturday. I think some people seriously under-estimate how difficult it is to park 150-200 cars.
I've only taken this on because of complaints in previous years, I'm only obliged to do the merchandise on the day.
Can we use diagrams or something this year? Last year when trying to explain it I got a lot of blank looks, and then a few 'upset' looks when I told people they had parked on the wrong stand :eek:

Yozz'd up 182
What dave said. I have a clubstand pass. But just wondering wether to use it and go on the stand as i will probably be leaving early. any advice?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
We will be directing people to park with consideration to the other people on the stand so that you can get out. Provided people use common sense to judge how much space you need to get out you'll be fine :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just like to say well done to all the staff who were involved in organising our stand. Seemed very professional and pretty well worked out. Was told everyone went in the day before to mark it out!

I certainly had no problems getting in or out (i was given a great spot next to the CS tent ;))

Thanks for making it as painless as possible! cheers.gif

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Thanks!

Yup, the marking out the day before made all the difference on the day, add to that, all the help from members and cs staff - It all went well, considering

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Was a good layout i thought!

Shame about the people who were shoved around the side, if they had just given us the megs stand infront of ours we may have squeezed everyone in!

Brian and the woman organiser person giving conflicting views on how i should park tho.... :rasp:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, that bit round the side almost becomes a different stand and detached from the main section. But, the organisers must have a nightmare job trying to fit everyone in.

I spoke to some of the megane guys and one thing that was mentioned was that we always get a bigger/decent pitch.

Andrea was doing very well with her parking, I covered for Sash and Andrea while on toilet breaks and I walked round from time to time and threw a spanner in the works! :eek: And I must say, I think some members patience was being pushed.

Civic Type S GT
I thought all you guys did a great job. Shame you couldn't get the photo you wanted with the colours but maybe next time.