ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph1 Megane 225 Hybrid

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
You know what I mean.
I hate it when everyone talks all about peak figures. A couple of other forums I use are the same. The drivability of Andy's car is what is so good about it, usable power no matter what gear you're in and you're never very far away from a bar of boost.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, too many people get hung up about how much boost their running, and how much peak power they have blah blah blah. They end up with a gt35 and zero driveability.

The only problem is the tuning options for the F4RT aren't brilliant, I know Andy has a few tricks up his sleeve but I'm not sure there going to really give him what he wants. And really to go any further he's gonna have to get his check book out and upset the wife :D

PH1 loads of boost!
Yeah I know what you mean mate, too many people get hung up about how much boost their running, and how much peak power they have blah blah blah. They end up with a gt35 and zero driveability.

The only problem is the tuning options for the F4RT aren't brilliant, I know Andy has a few tricks up his sleeve but I'm not sure there going to really give him what he wants. And really to go any further he's gonna have to get his check book out and upset the wife :D

See you're already talking about more power, with more than 200hp and 200lbft available for more than 4,000rpm of the rev range and a peak of around 300/300 you don't need more power than that in a FWD car that weighs as little as a clio IMO.
To go for the next 'stage' of tuning you're going to be compromising the drivability for the sake of a 20% increase in power that you'll only notice in a straight line.

Trophy Turbo :)
Steve, i already have and got what i want, im just wanting the boost levels too maintain a longer pull through mod range, and pull harder too the top. 340bhp is very possible with this engine and the stage 2 turbo unit with the oem turbo and the custom cams were on about 300 is reachable. Im not bothered about bhp even tho its nice to know that the car has xxxbhp. Drivability is the factor.

I remember your 182 with that kit thing u had was pretty liveless and too smooth, which i know you agree, the next state you had like on when u impressed mallory was much better and a simular power to what i will hope to achive!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
looking really nice andy, really need to get my arse up and have a look at that paint, see if I can give you a few hours of my time to return the past favour, or you can come and pick those rear seats up and call it quits ;)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I wouldn't get your hopes up about hitting 300bhp on the stock turbo and custom cams :S I think your looking at the wrong areas to try and improve. Obviously thats just my opinion.

Did you ever post the graphs up from when the engine was in the yellow shell and it was mapped at RStuning?

Well time will tell steven, but ive been assured by mr Murry that this will defo work, its just development im doing ATM, so once i know how much we can get out of it and see how it drives i can then if need be see what difference the stage 2 turbo would make.

MEGANE TROPHY
Still on for the snetterton 300 meet in May? - I had a great day on 7th April with focused events chronos day - my first every track day experience-Im hooked!

what is a good target time for snetterton? my best on the day was 2.27 @ 73mph

J

Lionel Richie
why not fit the exhaust manifold used on the 172 conversions and fit a garrett based T28 (yada yada yada) turbo?

ive ordered my new hybrid turbo for the megane!! :) its a worked oem turbo i hope this works well i think 350hp is the max a fwd can handle and i have fitted new cams yesterday!!!1 Oh my giddy ant!!! its lumpy LOL

ahhh are these the cams that Paul have been developing?

Nope! nothing to do with Paul.

These have not been tested yet! ive had to alter the timing on the inlet cam by a bit for this to work. Ill report back tomorrow after i get them tuned in.

The Cams have been developed by my self and Chris from EFI Parts he has done some machining for me :) top secret tho for the moment ;)

PH1 loads of boost!
I know, I know, I know! Dey iz da camz from da Reno 5 campus wiv da end cut off wiv da dremmel innit!

340i
Nope! nothing to do with Paul.

These have not been tested yet! ive had to alter the timing on the inlet cam by a bit for this to work. Ill report back tomorrow after i get them tuned in.

The Cams have been developed by my self and Chris from EFI Parts he has done some machining for me :) top secret tho for the moment ;)

oooohhhhhh :D :D :D

I'll keep checking for updates!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Well I've been up to see Andy today and took his clio out for a blast, all I can say is WOW what an absolute rapid little beast, well done mate.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Just read though all 14 pages, what an amazing and inspiring build. A real credit to you Andy and great to see you do everything yourself, I wish I was as talented to give something like this a go!

Look forward to seeing it on track soon. You going to the RTOC national day?

PH1 loads of boost!
Well I've been up to see Andy today and took his clio out for a blast, all I can say is WOW what an absolute rapid little beast, well done mate.

Rapid is an understatement, not had time to find out, but since I've driven it for a few hours over this weekend I have a suspicion that this little red thing will sit on the back bumper of my evo up until three figure speeds. Weather it reaches 300 or not it's a proper weapon, proper usable power!

Thanks lads nice feedback, must now sor out the springs for some thing better!! Its a little bouncy and bumpy for my liking.

Had a great day today with all the north east crew, and the "southerner" hes a good lad but not within the north east circle of trust "yet" ;)

FULL FAT 182
I must say this it one on my favourite cars on here since i joined back in 2005, best looking clio, best looking colour, and the best engine.

Want to swap lol.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Andy I will pop up sometime this week mate, been a bit hectic but once the coilovers are set up I will come up, make sure theres some petrol in this beasty I want a ride in it ;)

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Wot u expect people too not be scared when the seat belt ain't attached to anything ha ha

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
When you going to get a project thread up for yours Owen? Can't believe how smooth your power delivery was, think once you get the boost turned up a touch your gonna have a right beast as well, which is a lot more discrete than Andys lairy beast. :D

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Project thread !!! I can't even fig out how too put a pic next too my name on here never mind do that, going to get fpr and change the fuel pump set up in the next few weeks so I'm hoping to get mapping and boost turned up in say a month or so

PH1 loads of boost!
LOL@ owen! Just as much potential with yours as well, just don't be going round right hand bends too fast :D

When you going to get a project thread up for yours Owen? Can't believe how smooth your power delivery was, think once you get the boost turned up a touch your gonna have a right beast as well, which is a lot more discrete than Andys lairy beast. :D

Im sure you just say things to wind me up at times.

Lairy and discrete?? My car looks like a standard 172 apart from wheels and a. Colour change??

Owens cars power del is so smoth and progresie cos hes only running .8 bar of boot when mapped and paul turned that down more after mapping for various reasons, so thats why its not so savage.

Both cars will be super fast when both are finished, owen has a few jobs too do and hell be at the same level as what i am :)

225 powered mk2
Thanks lads nice feedback, must now sor out the springs for some thing better!! Its a little bouncy and bumpy for my liking.

Had a great day today with all the north east crew, and the "southerner" hes a good lad but not within the north east circle of trust "yet" ;)

I went up to see andy this weekend as hes been helping me out alot with my car etc, All i can say is the red machine is one hell of a beast! proper fast and fun car.

Id also like to say a big thank you Andy, Steve and owen for the weekend. :)

Cant wait to see more of this, next time andy youll have to take me out :D