ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph1 Megane 225 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
Well we have a new windcreen, every things working 12 months mot and now 6 months tax!!

Awaiting swirl pot cover being made, lack of progress due to work and My little one being poorly.

few photos. excuse the bumper i decided to flatt the bonnet the day before mot and then forgot abt the jobs i had to do so didnt wash it off LOL

Rub Strips to be re fitted one its polished up

cliomot.gif

cliounit.gif

rubs.gif

Evo 5 RS
seeing that, red, and carrying a 225 lump in the first picture is enough to make me weep from the lower eye. Epic salute to you. Try not to break it ;)

Yes i have lots of engine photos, But there are some top secret things no one can see ;) hahahaha never knwo who is watching and stealing ideas on here ;)

The car drives amazing even better than in the mk1 ;) but no boost until the bosh 044 is plumbed back in as dont want to kill her!

Im pleased with the car still plenty to do ;) every single part of this car has been doen by me, from the engine to the paint work to the inside, my mate did the welding on seats :)

Andy

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I just messed myself... hurry up and put a pic up of it with bump strips and skirts on Andy. Possibly my idea of a perfect '172 right here.

Mick,

Your comments really made me smile with you being such a Renault Petrol head, means a lot when some one i respect you a lot as your such arenault Person.

ill post some photos up this weekend if i get time.

TrackCar & F30 330d
every single part of this car has been doen by me

And thats what makes a project special when all the work is done by the owner. Sure there are some nice cars on here with work done by companies, but i'm possitive it feels a million time better when you do the work yourself, like i do :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh my, amazing colour choice.

I can't believe how much it suits the ph1.

I'm in love with this car, put a ph2 dash in, (if it hasn't already got one) and I'll actually love you forever.

Last edited:
  PH1 loads of boost!
Looks good in the pictures. Looks 10x better in the flesh! Proper good home brewed project.

Boooooooosst! Does this have leather? :)

just received my spare head back from getting adapted to take the VVT, got the new cams ready and another head set, :) hope to reach close to 300Hp with this

172 cup TT
Absolutely brilliant Andy, such a great colour. Shame you are so far away chap, mine should be fully finished shortly at nearing the 300bhp mark, wouldve been good to have a blast with ya or few pics taken

Hi guys.

Sorry for little progress reports, with no internet i have come to my parents to sort out a few issues with a member on here. All sorted.

The car has been nearly finished, the dash top is away for flocking and so are the a pillars. I have a new AVCR solenoid on its way i have new cams now more aggressive i will loose a little torque but will gain a lot of mid range torque.

The car has had a photo shoot with Red line MAG im pretty chuffed about that! :)

Im not sure if have spoiled the car by adding the adaptronic sticks on it? opinions?

clioad.gif

bbc6d874.gif

Evo 5 RS
Am not suprised in the slightest about being put up for the mag mate, the car is a credit to you. Really nice job on the paint too

PH1 loads of boost!
Just had a little go of this tonight. Dear me it shifts!
It makes a bar of boost by 2800rpm and has a surprising amount of grip for a FWD with circa 250whp, gonna make a weapon of a car for Croft next month!
Frankly anyone who builds a 172 turbo and doesn't do it this way is a dafty :D

PH1 loads of boost!
You know what I mean.
I hate it when everyone talks all about peak figures. A couple of other forums I use are the same. The drivability of Andy's car is what is so good about it, usable power no matter what gear you're in and you're never very far away from a bar of boost.