ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 TRW ball joints rubbing on ABS rings...

340i
Has anybody has this problem before?

I overhauled the front of the GF's 172 a few weeks ago, checked it all over last night and noticed the knuckle that goes through the hub has been rubbing on the ABS ring?

I removed the ball joints and refitted to double check, but the tops are still *just* touching the ABS rings and has rubbed a groove off the ABS ring...

Seat Ibiza
Sounds like their too long, did you check the length with the old ones? I used lemforder ones recently and they are fine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
pics please

are you sure it's not gone in too far, and you've hammered the bolt in rather than lining up the slot?

340i
Not with the car ATM... will grab some photos over the weekend.

100% fitted correctly.

Double checked them (I even removed the hub to check it was all lined up, a little OTT ;))

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
give it a loving stroke with a grinder then ;). I've never used that brand, but never had an issue with the 3 or 4 brands I have used

340i
Yep they are goin to get a skim over with the grinder... Pissed off that I put it back together and don't realise / check!

Just wondered if anybody had it before with the TRW's

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
I have had the same problem. Bought TRWs from GSF thinking I'd get the quality ones. I'd put it back together and just gave the disc a spin to here the grind. Really pissed off, I had to take it all apart again and grind down it down and refit. I have read you retighten the pinch bolt when the wheel is under load, how do you do this with out a ramp??