ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 aftermarket exhaust - what system is it? (Pictures attached)

1.6 Dynamique & 182
Hi everyone,

I went to see a 182 this morning, it’s got an aftermarket exhaust but I’m not actually sure what the system is. Anyone recognize it? (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/576/img00174201201281245.jpg/)

Also the car itself is an 05 registration, FSH, no cup packs, no modifications bar the exhaust and has 370000 on the clock - to buy or not to buy?

Cheers,
Fraser
img00174201201281245.jpg

Welcome!

System fits well and looks good quality, I'm sure someone will be able to say what is is for sure, but I could only guess... so I won't! Par-for-the-course to have a stainless exhaust on these cars as we are very limited in availability of patern ones and Renault will rob you blind for an original.

Just make sure you like how it sounds if its to be a daily driver. As for whether you should but it? It comes down to condition vs price, only you know and you haven't said!

Miles seems quite low, do you have all MOT's? Has it been off the road for major repairs at some point? Cambelt + tensioners + waterpum + aux belts should ALL have been changed, regardless of miles. Does everything work (electrics, air con, cruise, zenons firing up instant, washers work ect. Little things like that). Do you trust the seller? Is it from a trader, if so HAGGLE!

Enjoy!

Guess you mean 37000 miles and not 370000 :p

As for the low miles i just bought one with 38k on it, had every mot with it and 2 clear hpi checks

1.6 Dynamique & 182
Imagine it, 370k and still up on the market! It's a garage and they want just over 4k. Condition is alright but not perfect - to be perfectly honest I'm just sick of looking for a low mileage RB, I'm not sure whether it's worth taking the plunge or waiting longer for a decent RB with packs. Cheers for your input jengis, i'll address these points tomorrow, and obviously give a reflective offer. I think I'll need to give it a decent drive to hear it, it's going to be a daily drive so as long as it's sounding decent then what's stopping me!

In my opinion you could get that price down to well under 4k if you don't have a part-ex to consider. It's unlikely to get snapped up by anyone else at that asking price, its a buyers market at the moment. Most important thing is the belts, budget £600 for this alone if you don't have proof. Good luck!

Kev