ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Exhaust mount help!

106 1.5 diesel
Hi everyone!

To cut a long story short... What exhaust mounts do I need for the back box of a Clio 182? I want the standard aluminium with rubber cradle ones! Here's the long story for those who are bored!

About a year ago now I had a twin box powerflow system made at Top Gear performance in Doncaster. The lads there did a fantastic job and the exhaust is still going strong so I'm well happy with it... What I cannot stand, however is the BOOOOOOOM inside the car, because some numpty had bodged the standard exhaust mounts to make a Scorpion back box fit, forcing the lads to throw away the standard mounts and use solid rubber "half moon" hangars that amplify every vibration from the exhaust in the car ten fold!

To give you an idea, the Scorpion system with the standard mounts was loud as heck outside the car, but bearable inside... The Powerflow system is much quieter on the outside (still nice and loud on WOT) but absolutely unbearable inside. I borrowed a mate's Db meter and it's booming 96dbA inside the car on accelleration, dropping to 70-80 dbA on the cruise under low load.

If you can help, I'll give you a foot massage because I'm seriously starting to show signs of tinnitus.