ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci65 van to 172 replica

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Local to me too haha :p I've ordered the stuff Matt so I'll deffo be needin some sprayin done :)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
yeah already flushed it out. just need some motivation with this , hopefully as it gets warmer again il get my arse in gear

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
bought
yellow trs tow strap
half shaft engine mount ( for equal length shafts)
decat and lambda
o/s engine mount
timing tools

should make some prgress soon

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
been meaning to update for a while now but havnt got round to it. will load some pics up shortly although theres not much to see.
since the last update iv fitted all the above, got a matching uch, ecu and keyset... to then find out i need a different interior loom ! bummer .

i also bought and fitted some eibach proline's . i was orginally tempted by the sports ut i want better handling over having it a little lower. then some koni adjustables popped up in need of a refurb so bought them with the intention of sending of get them full refurbed and fitted alongside the prolines.. sadly the shocks dont seem like there coming... kinda on the plus side some gaz coilovers popped up for sale so i bought them of kev_172 who did me a really good price after explaining about the shocks etc.

also bought and fitted omp 4 point and sparco 3 point black harness's, got an unbranded 3'' tipped exhaust of a memer on here.. wasnt what i really wanted but is a make do untill funds are better as i have to many projects on atm.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
a couple of pics.. i will take some of it all fitted but its finding time atm always rusheing n car looks a state even tho it is a project but still dont like posting pics up haha

the gaz coilies i got, these are on for now just till i get some more pennies saved up etc
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzItMjAxMTA2MTQtMTgxMC5qcGc.jpg

eibach camber springs... obvs
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMTA2MTgtMTYwMS5qcGc.jpg

the trs strap i got along with the locking tools for when the cambelt is done.. along with a few extras's ;)
Photo0461.jpg

again not much of an update but il do more when i can be bothered.. seem to spend more time and money on bikes rather than the clio atm

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
again a small update changed the wheels for the 15'' dynamique's but im not to convinced
before, just after i fitted coilovers bought recently
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODQtMjAxMTA3MDEtMjAyOS5qcGc.jpg

and after

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODUtMjAxMTA3MDEtMjEwMi5qcGc.jpg

if i keep the dynamique wheels they will be going white along with all badges. dash strips bullets etc. I just cant make my mind up which i prefer.. but there again im not all that fond of the black wheels

182 ecu set i bought abit back.. which has a rs tuning remap and 7800 rpm limiter ;P
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODMtMjAxMTA2MzAtMTQxMi5qcGc.jpg

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
yeah cheers crispy meant to let ya know but forgot.

thats what i was thinkin jack.. but may these in white will change my mind ?? hmmm

Clio 182 FF
Looking good bud,i agree about the alloys but hey you can change them when you've got the cash and best thing about a van,no back seat drivers.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Nice project. Would make a great sleeper.
tbh most people think its a sport anyways.. or a few even thought it was a v6.. i wish haha

Looking good bud,i agree about the alloys but hey you can change them when you've got the cash and best thing about a van,no back seat drivers.
yeah they arent to important atm tbh so will switch between the 2 till i find something better

good looking project there fella
cheers mate

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
right.. well a new project that i really want has come up so im thinking of selling the car to fund it.

car will be sold as it is only needs a few things to finish really.. but i havnt got a clue what its worth ? any idea's anyone ?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
im sick of seing it tbh, il only sell if my crf doesnt sell first

but il be replacing either of them with a fully stripped + caged nova with a xe lump in there. bilstien coilies , wilwood pedal box plus shitloads of other goodies.which will then be getting low comp'd and turbo'd ! id love to keep the clio but althought they are pokey they cost a fortune to take any further

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
new project sounds intresteing. and understandable why youve changed your mind. wouldnt mind another van. not that i could justify buying anohter right now haha

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
this is what i may be replacing it with.. or joining the clio if my bike sell's first.

xe'd nova fully stripped out, full cage , and running a few engine mods to.. its a shame but it makes so much more sense to mod this rather than pour thousand's into the clio.

nova1.jpg

nova2.jpg

how it used to be..
nova4.jpg

n652965638_3092321_58000.jpg

think it was 350 ish bhp before hand.. hoping to get a LET back in there and go for the 300 mark, shouldnt be to hard as parts for these are everywere and at a good price to

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
well due to alot of recent unforseen circumstances i didnt end up getting the nova.. althought it is still on the cards.

i am have however got back into spraying and looking to give the clio a fresh lick of paint.. 1) to tidy it up and 2) for an example of our work ( demo)

im abit undecided on what colour to go for yet, can either redo it in the cup blue, liquid yellow.. or was tempted by the trophy red.. but unsure whether it will suit the car with it being a van. Any thought's ?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
my mates just done his astra van in LY and it looks mega ! but i cant decide whether it would suit the shape of it tho due to it having panels instead of windows

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Deep Bronze.

Theres only one Renault in the country wearing that paint. I think you should make it two!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
think i may of seen that one.. with the colour options tho keep in consideration its a track **** rather than a show car

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
van will be going up in the next 2 weeks to begin prep. Still undecided on colour as im unsure LY will look to good. Seriously considering inferno orange with black team dymanic 1.2's .