ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Nice one cheers mate
Any idea when you are going to be fitting the brakes, interested to know what you do to get them under some 15's

Car is going into these boys (I use them for my general race / track stuff, and they're top notch) on the 15th Dec, so trial fitting, testing and machining will begin :smile:

http://www.jtechautomotive.co.uk

Plan is to try to get them to fit under;

- Oz F1s
- Speedline Williams Wheels
- 2118s

If they only fit under one set, I'll sell the other ones I have and get 2x whatever they fit under.

Whilst there it will be getting it's MOT, the speedlines powdercoated and the brakes (once machined) re-painted / powdercoated. Brakes will also be completely rebuilt.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Video of it on the rollers at RS Tuning. A lot of ambient noise as to be expected on an iphone and with the fan going tbh. You hear it better at the end :smile:

th_IMG_2883_zpso6uow0gs.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Brake set up is coming together. Big thanks to @G 172 and @chris powell - top service chaps, cheers.

Calipers, plan is to get them rebuilt and machined to fit. Then they'll be professionally repainted in black with a white brembo logo.

Calipers_zps0965e6a0.jpg

Mounting brackets and custom HEL lines - excellent quality and build, thanks Chris.

BrakeBrackets_zpsf12ad6f6.jpg

Grooved Brembo HC's and Ferodo DS1.11s to try a new combination, from George, along with some ATE Superblue which he threw in for free. Hero!

GroovedDiscs_zps626e8d3e.jpg

Pads_zps8cc59c78.jpg

I have also bought a Brand new 23.8mm non ABS master cylinder with 2 x 12x1.00mm and 2 x 10x1.00mm ports. This is the Clio upgrade master cylinder from a V6 406. Standard is 22.8mm. Bought from @Ph1 Tom - Cheers bud, although Hermes (being retards) have sent the parcel back to you, so unless I can stop them on Monday we'll need to sort a repost that i'll cover the cost of 😧

IMAG1840.gif

And then a few smaller things, flushfit lockable aerocatches;

Aerocatches_zps89995801.jpg

And a tyre pen. To allow me to swap the tyres without forgetting which corners they came from...

TyrePen_zps07152783.jpg

The car is going along to the Oxfordshire meet tomorrow, so hopefully catch up with some people there :smile:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looking forward to seeing the 4 pots fitted mate. Be good to know how much needs to be machined off. :wink:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not much to update. The flamer went on a good run upto Red Bull racing and back, had a good chance to put it through it's paces :smile: I love it!

I tidied the garage up a bit, and acquired a few little bits to make life easier;

27b1d2c0ac6c031aee5066e4a5854aed.jpg

b11a08f1e7fecdbf24bbce2cdd3f1ab5.jpg

Then the flamer got moved out onto the drive as over winter we're doing some work to my brother in laws mustang;

cb32955c50b7639dea6610ff5575cc61.jpg

2c70f08daa005d4a2e91bbdaf28c0ad3.jpg

Started to strip the engine back. It's much easier working in this engine bay as opposed to the clio one!!

316d39129bac8642af469e655b72741b.jpg

cbb386d9dedb1fe37d2f73df5cec3151.jpg

a194324a1e399af4cd238aff6550b2a5.jpg

Then I got bored and started stickering stuff and trying out the tyre pen I bought. Gay.

a876183a0e764e04e11b655b8ba6287d.jpg

94b46281132d8fb12f4dabbc39d047c6.jpg

For those interested, I'll update mustang progress over the winter in here :smile:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Got smashed in the burglary. That's how they got in 😧 Replaced it with a timber frame jobby as it's double glazed and more secure, and better on the heating front!
I know it got broke you mook, but I assumed you'd be a real man and have a replica made up of similar! :-(

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I know it got broke you mook, but I assumed you'd be a real man and have a replica made up of similar! :-(

Ha! That's a long story which involves the insurers saying their glass company could do it for £750, yet me finding the cheapest quote from reputable stained glass companies coming in at £2700.

So, I basically didn't trust the insurers glazier (uPVC outfit) and settled for cash which I used to get the nice timber jobby you see here. Mookface!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, small update on this. The car is at the garage getting the Brembos machined and fitted, and some aerocatches put on.

The calipers have had 6.3mm shaved off them, for a trial fit, which will be tomorrow. See if any more needs to come off. Going for black calipers with white Brembo logos which I got from Ady on here - top man! I'll update with photos / progress when I get it back, hopefully next week!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, although because I've been running spacers for so long it won't make much difference to mine bud.

You good? Sorry I haven't rung back yet mate, proper manic over christmas with decorating and work.
Remember your hub kit will push your track width out another 5mm per wheel, so 10mm overall mate.

Yeah I'm good thanks mate - it's alright I'm used to your empty promises now! Lol!
You?