ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Re: Cub's Trackday Flamer - Cage etc

That front left looks a tight fit under compression! Does it rub?

Does look close doesn't it. Especially if it's on Billies.

Car is looking great though Cub. Really really like it. Maybe a smaller front plate and some washer blanks?

I'd have to do something about the wonky seats though lol. My OCD couldn't leave that.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Thanks Chi - you should have popped over!

That front left looks a tight fit under compression! Does it rub?

It does look low, but that is under 'full load' ;) It doesn't catch at the front, largely because it is running enough camber. It does catch on the back though, so I'm going to have it raise it slightly all round really.

Does look close doesn't it. Especially if it's on Billies.

Car is looking great though Cub. Really really like it. Maybe a smaller front plate and some washer blanks?

I'd have to do something about the wonky seats though lol. My OCD couldn't leave that.

Cheers bud, the seats are because one is on a slider and one isn't! Ha ha. It looks really noticeable in that photo but it hasn't bothered me too much. Now you mention it though!!!

Good to see you again dude :)

You too mate, the RB was going very well and looked great, as was aucky s trophy! Some decent cars out and about yesterday!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Lol! See above, post #805. I was counter ballast :)

But...in fairness to JP83 it was the same with Tim. in the car, so stiffer springs may well be needed :(

Or a diet you chunky monkey, yooou :eek:

Boo_Boo.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

What power are you running? You passed me coming out the pits and I couldn't keep up lol..

R26

Thanks for the passenger laps mate, goes very well! Look forward to seeing it develop over winter...

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

What power are you running? You passed me coming out the pits and I couldn't keep up lol..

It's standard at the moment engine wise bud, except a 98ron map with the trusty old RS Tuner :) It does feel like a strong engine this one, stronger than my old one!

@holtt - no worries, anytime mate was good to meet. Get one bought yourself!

R26

It's standard at the moment engine wise bud, except a 98ron map with the trusty old RS a Tuner :) It does feel like a strong engine this one, stronger than my old one!

@holtt - no worries, anytime mate was good to meet. Get one bought yourself!

Viewing an R26 this weekend, one came up local and to the spec I'm happy with…If its no good i can't wait much longer, so clio it will be! Has to be a renault now, loved yesterday.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Viewing an R26 this weekend, one came up local and to the spec I'm happy with…If its no good i can't wait much longer, so clio it will be! Has to be a renault now, loved yesterday.
I don't think you'd be too disappointed with either model tbh mate. The R26's being driven properly yesterday were quick cars!!

Mini GP2

Thanks for the laps out Cub, definitely given me the bug to get my car on track at some point.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Glad you had a good time at Oulton Park, it's great track. Did Renault have any cars you could drive?

What were you driving Chi?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

I have a track ready rb mate. Also a highly modded 225 but wanted to take the 182 out before deciding whether to sell.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

So, to keep myself busy over winter, in addition to the roll centre kit I have bought this;

SCkit_zps83f8047a.jpg

Yep, time to supercharge it. Hoping for 250ish bhp and 225 lb ft. I'm not chasing big figures so it is staying on stock internals, just give me a bit more power to have fun with :) It does mean I'll need to get some 4 pots, so I am interested to hear anyones experiences with different brake kits.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

So, to keep myself busy over winter, in addition to the roll centre kit I have bought this;

SCkit_zps83f8047a.jpg

Yep, time to supercharge it. Hoping for 250ish bhp and 225 lb ft. I'm not chasing big figures so it is staying on stock internals, just give me a bit more power to have fun with :) It does mean I'll need to get some 4 pots, so I am interested to hear anyones experiences with different brake kits.

Ah so it looks like you've made your mind up on it then?

Nice work, you'll definitely have to tell me next time you're doing oulton once this is done.

GTD, Lupo
This just got good! If you need a hand fitting I'm more than happy to help out. You can pay me in fizzy pop!!!