ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DanEdser's Grande Progress Thread

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Would you prefer to obtain coilovers new or would it not be more ideal to save some money buying a set of coilovers for a ph2 cheaper second hand and then source ph2 hubs and perform the conversion?

I did this on my car (same as yours) and I was still able to use my original discs and brake calipers. Spax coilovers at £100 and hubs for £50 so £150 in all :)

Would you prefer to obtain coilovers new or would it not be more ideal to save some money buying a set of coilovers for a ph2 cheaper second hand and then source ph2 hubs and perform the conversion?

I did this on my car (same as yours) and I was still able to use my original discs and brake calipers. Spax coilovers at £100 and hubs for £50 so £150 in all :)

rather some nice FK highsports tbh, rides better than cheapo ones too :)

Told your moving? Lol no1 can make you move

im 17 living with my parents and am at 6th form studying for my A levels...

I cant afford to live by myself and dont have any family that would let me live with them..

so yeah i kinda do. ill see if i can get a 172 in new zealand ;)

insurance isnt rediculous there anyway!

can i come live with you? :L
i'll still stay on here no matter what car i get :p there are 2 clios for sale on the NZ autotrader... theyre both 1.4 phase 2's and are $7k with more mileage than mine D:

aslong as you get a job and pay your own way (and dont mind living in huddersfield) im sure i could talk my missus round ;)

when is moving date? :(

edit: would it not be cheaper to move the car over there?

tehe got my carbon fibre wing mirror cover (thanks chris from carbon central) and my smoothed ph2 side strips!
don't know if its worth getting a cup spoiler... they don't depreciate in value much if theyre mint do they
plus i wont know for a few weeks if im moving...

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

Last edited:
anyone wanting to buy the car and finish off plans?

its at 48k miles

im just wondering if people want make my car into what it should be :)

otherwise ima put back to standard and sell on so i can buy a 1*2 to import to new zealand :)

we're sorting out visa's now :(

is there a cliosport club out there?

new zealand rep? ;D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn't be worried about motors, you're moving to new zealand ffs! I'd be over the moon.

But, I'd be worried about education, it's a bit odd to go before you finish school.

Can't a friend put you up for 8 months so you can finish?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I wouldn't be worried about motors, you're moving to new zealand ffs! I'd be over the moon.

But, I'd be worried about education, it's a bit odd to go before you finish school.

as above! id be chuffed if i got the chance to move to NZ!

hmm yeah i know man, theres loadsa jap cars over there, but im thinking about getting a cup or trophy, theyre rare in NZ :)

its not about finishing school, its about visa's if i go before im 18 i can get a student visa and then get an education there, whereas if i finish my A levels and go when im 18 i have to get a work visa and find work, whereas i'd rather go to uni/college in NZ rather than work, because after 2 years of NZ we're moving over to Australia, thats the only way we can get to australia, though NZ :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
NZ's better anyway. Hit Queenstown, snowboard, get drunk, and hit hot NZ chicks. Sorted.

Don't bother with a Renault, they are silly silly money over there. Go for a local car, just do some research.