ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get the wiring mate? I modded my wiring to a megane map sensor too...
I did matey, thank you though. Why did you run the Megane map sensor? Does it read higher?
Pretty sure that the turbo will actually quiet it down so the decat will help aid hooning noises!

Loving the updates dude!

Also, that heat wrap stuff is horrid. Fiberglass dust on your hands for days 😧

Thanks man, yeah wish I'd worn gloves but it wasn't as bad as when I made my carbon fibre dash inserts on my bed, Dremeling away! Can still feel the fibres in my legs.

Notched the chassis rail yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Not yet.

I did matey, thank you though. Why did you run the Megane map sensor? Does it read higher?

Thanks man, yeah wish I'd worn gloves but it wasn't as bad as when I made my carbon fibre dash inserts on my bed, Dremeling away! Can still feel the fibres in my legs.

Not yet.
Good luck. Galvanised is great to weld..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seat Leon Cupra R
Where'd you get the heat wrap from dude? Need to pick some up for my new DP when I finally get it welded up and want to avoid paying over the odds, but refuse to buy the cheap nasty Chinese stuff some folk go for.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Where'd you get the heat wrap from dude? Need to pick some up for my new DP when I finally get it welded up and want to avoid paying over the odds, but refuse to buy the cheap nasty Chinese stuff some folk go for.

It was just one of the first ones I saw on ebay luke, was around £9 delivered. Probably flammable..

Good news, the engine is nearly in. Got to nock the chassis in a tad bit more but it's mega close. Had to lift the engine back out as I need to fit the alternator. Thought I'd be able to do it in situ. Took the opportunity to spray the gearbox mount whilst it's out.

Was in the garage all night so the girlfriend brought me tea down. What a hero. She's a goodn

20170307_205905_zpshb8ba8ew.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra R
Strong progress Dan, won't be long now!
With regards to the heat wrap, let me know how you get on. Mixed reviews of the cheaper stuff so it seems a bit of a lottery, fingers crossed! Don't be too alarmed if it's particularly smoky the first few times it gets hot, just keep an eye on it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Strong progress Dan, won't be long now!
With regards to the heat wrap, let me know how you get on. Mixed reviews of the cheaper stuff so it seems a bit of a lottery, fingers crossed! Don't be too alarmed if it's particularly smoky the first few times it gets hot, just keep an eye on it.

Don't buy the cheap stuff. Get this from Demon Tweeks/JJC, you get 5 stainless steel ties with it for free too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-25-51mm-x-7-5-Metres-Volcano-Exhaust-Heat-Wrap-Chopper-Bobber/361195630508?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=41434&meid=14620dd1b9dc44bab7c16d75d7b65e74&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=4&sd=141551577012

You may need more or less, but they do several sizes.

172 Turbo
That's what I thought, I'd have a go at this conversion if it was as easy as GTI6ing a 205 but things like the Clutch and selectors concern me

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So do the gear selectors need modifying or is it just a case of repositioning the stick?
You do away with the rod linkage and instead its just two cables (imagine how a bike changes gear) which mounts to the gearbox. You can then position the gearstick wherever you like as long as it's within the boundaries of the cable. Could V even have it in front of the car if you were weird.

If it wasn't like that I doubt I would have done the conversion as f**k sorting out a rod linkage under the car. No thanks!

M135i, 197 turbo
Cheers mate. I think they're really loud with no silencers but the decat gives you some nice pops and bangs apparently. Would love to get flames.

Nah, not too loud, much quieter than ITB's, the turbo takes a load of noise out

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today was a good day.

Went straight after work to go collect a work bench

20170310_164455_zpsnqt7fxzr.jpg

And installed a vice onto it.

20170310_172004_zpsovxiysuu.jpg

Weird how it's made things so much easier already, it sounds stupid but even just leaving sockets on there whilst I get something.

Marked where I am to cut the cambelt cover

20170310_193740_zpssw3b7wdb.jpg

20170310_194619_zpsb0ymkzgh.jpg

Then a mate dropped me an alternator off as mine was siezed up. Fitted that along with the stretch belt and tensioner.

20170310_215036_zpsjkmfua3u.jpg

Then fitted the engine. Didn't take too long at all really. Just a bit of persuasion of the chassis with a hammer

20170310_225306_zpsibnwoqfp.jpg

20170310_225349_zpsgf5zimxi.jpg

Then the final product..

20170310_232912_zps00yc9sjd.jpg

20170310_232921_zpsikchgzie.jpg

20170310_232930_HDR_zpsp1sop6ml.jpg

20170310_234821_zpsdd2kqsnq.jpg

Finally I painted the alternator after those pics and called it a night. All the little things can come together now.

Just an oil cooler and Remap now for the major expenses. £450 ish at a guess

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet! Nice one man, glad you've got it in the hole and on the way to getting it running :smile:

Usually struggle with getting it in. Cheers buddy. Appreciate the comment. Love how you're on here despite not having a clio haha

Incredible mate, honestly you've done a mega job.
[emoji1360][emoji1360]

Thank you buddy. I was thinking, fancy meeting up for a drink with @Panda. @Coops Turbo @Akay and I one time? I haven't had the chance to properly speak to everyone in a pub/beery environment since I moved down here. And I haven't met panda yet.
You dont work for clioturbo do you buddy? It took mine about this long to be built :smiley:

Joking buddy, its coming on brilliant, it will be mega when its done and you can think 'i achieved this all by myself', and buy a 'built not bought' sticker hahaha.

Excellent mate.

If I worked for clio turbo I'd be chiselling out my piston rings to get that sweet sweet high blowby figure that they strive so much for. Everyone knows we love that gas flow... Hahahha

Cheers dude, I knew you were joking! I can't wait. I'm more apprehensive that I'm changing so much at once,which will lead to inevitable problems. But as I'm keeping the power at a safe level I think I'll be fine.

I don't want to go down the number chasing route as that leads to unreliability. I want to enjoy it for what it is. Nail a s**t load of track days and drive it fast.

Nice to see it's in the bay now ,coming along nicely .

Thanks matey, got a few more wires to sort out then I can hook it up. Thanks again for your assistance on this.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Usually struggle with getting it in. Cheers buddy. Appreciate the comment. Love how you're on here despite not having a clio haha

I'm only here to follow this thread and the occasional update from @debussetti, but since those are rare in basically all yours ;)

I've considered grabbing a cheap 1*2 a few times to drop my k04-064 1.8t into, if that counts?! If I end up writing off the LCR paid I'll pick one up and try to shoehorn it in and give you a run for your money...

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
[QUOTE="dann2707, post: 11345277, member: 103156]

Thank you buddy. I was thinking, fancy meeting up for a drink with @Panda. @Coops Turbo @Akay and I one time? I haven't had the chance to properly speak to everyone in a pub/beery environment since I moved down here. And I haven't met panda yet..[/QUOTE]

Always keen! :up::beers:

RB Clio 182
[QUOTE="dann2707, post: 11345277, member: 103156]

Thank you buddy. I was thinking, fancy meeting up for a drink with @Panda. @Coops Turbo @Akay and I one time? I haven't had the chance to properly speak to everyone in a pub/beery environment since I moved down here. And I haven't met panda yet..

I would love to meet up with you buddy, you seem proper up for a laugh, have a right laugh!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I got my false floor yesterday so started drilling that. It's not real carbon as you can tell but it actually looks quite decent in person. I'm raising that up with lots of alu spacers i've got.

20170311_115001_zpseswnce7i.jpg

Today I did quite a lot in terms of wiring prep and other bits and bobs...

Fitted the ABS pump. For those who may have missed it - i'm using this as a speedo pick up

20170312_114507_zpsabmfkhof.jpg

Become a bit of a tart lately and you've got to do things right, got the wire brush wheel on the drill to tidy it up on top as it had corrosion

20170312_114925_zpshgl7ivee.jpg

Then fitted the lambda

20170312_124235_zpsunea92wc.jpg

Started on the loom properly, had to source the carbon canister wiring and connect a connector and wiring to that for the N75

20170312_125424_zpspnwggwye.jpg

Tidier? maybe, can't remember why I took this pic hahah

20170312_131644_zpskn0wczru.jpg

Fitted the fuse box, connected that up

20170312_144149_zpslfi060j1.jpg

20170312_145036_zpscilhtetx.jpg

20170312_145657_zpscwgh8dlw.jpg

Then installed the battery junction box and fitted the right ring terminal on the +ve

20170312_152617_zpsxm1dofmq.jpg

20170312_152736_zpssrgppkrb.jpg

20170312_154452_zpsbuffjois.jpg

20170312_160824_zpszk1hd5f1.jpg

20170312_161338_zpsynjjymwv.jpg

Excuse the horrible scratches, must have been from taking the engine out before. I will get them touched up

Taped up some wires some more as not keen on the coloured wires showing

20170312_162552_zps9zgdq06p.jpg

20170312_162559_zpskxoldx8t.jpg

20170312_162606_zpsvf1uflip.jpg

Next plan is to fit the oil cooler, coilpack and plugs from @optical , top up with oil and see if it fires up!

So excited now as it's so close.

Bought decent oil tonight along with a new radiator. Not uprating the rad just buying a new one as mine is smashed to f**k so that won't help with cooling. The oil cooler will help massively.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looking great and great work mate!

Was going to ask if your keeping the FMIC silver or stealth?

Maybe me, but im not a lover of the side plate. Buts that's me being picky. You'll probably be going too fast round track for me to notice!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Clioturbo

Clio Turbo don't map cars :tongueclosed:

Looking great and great work mate!

Was going to ask if your keeping the FMIC silver or stealth?

Maybe me, but im not a lover of the side plate. Buts that's me being picky. You'll probably be going too fast round track for me to notice!

I said that about the intercooler as I thought it'd look loads better black and stealthy. He had a good point about it chipping though which i hadn't thought about.