ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You going to be sticking up a thread I hope once you've finished it.... Gorgeous colour.

gave the car a clean just then with some muc off ubershine shampoo everything was fine but then i looked at our other car and there's all white dots over it, the only thing i can think of is that when rinsing mine it must of splashed on the other car and with it being in the sun the shampoo has dried up? it's a nightmare to get off and on the black plastic bumper (it's a berlingo) it just won't budge. Anyone got any advise on how to get it off?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
gave the car a clean just then with some muc off ubershine shampoo everything was fine but then i looked at our other car and there's all white dots over it, the only thing i can think of is that when rinsing mine it must of splashed on the other car and with it being in the sun the shampoo has dried up? it's a nightmare to get off and on the black plastic bumper (it's a berlingo) it just won't budge. Anyone got any advise on how to get it off?

Quick detailer?
Isopropyl alcohol followed by a trim dressing?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
TIDL: People offering me advice to clean my fairly decent headlights...

'Use toothpaste and then when that's cleaned your lights, use polish to protect them as it will have UV barriers in.'

Err ... LULwotm8 ?

T-cut was also mentioned.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
aucky how long did it take you to apply the CQUK? Plan to do it myself tomorrow/Sunday, but imagine it's gonna take a fair while including the full clean before-hand!
Yeah the prep is the main thing. I didn't time it but even being meticulous it will take less than an hour really.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
TIDL: People offering me advice to clean my fairly decent headlights...

'Use toothpaste and then when that's cleaned your lights, use polish to protect them as it will have UV barriers in.'

Err ... LULwotm8 ?

T-cut was also mentioned.

Don't you know not to question randomers teaching you to suck eggs? They know best don cha know

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have you let it set? Sounds like it's set anyway, possibly too humid and not been removed quick enough.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd email Craig @ Car Pro personally. Try on one part more CQUK over the top and remove properly with a clean short pile MF. It usually brings it back to life and then remove.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, how the hell do you hey CQUK to not leave watermarks/smear? Applying reload now and its coming up s**t :)
It says 1minute but tbh by the time you've finished applying to the panel/section the starting point is ready to remove.

Are you using the suede cloth to remove?

So, got the Eraser on it yesterday and it half and half worked when reapplying on a test panel, there was still some smearing so annoyingly I'm going to have to reapply it.

First things first is getting it off - got a reply from CarPro yesterday and they said hand-polish within 48 hours will sort it, otherwise itll required a DA after - tried hand polishing this morning with some Tripple and it is a right BALLACHE to get off. Off out today so have no chance of removing it all before I have to go out as I only did a wing and that took a good few minutes.

Anyone available with a DA hopefully within West Mids tomorrow/next week that can help me solve it, that has a DA?

Annoyed with myself that all it took was an extra minute or so and its baked on so much it just looks s**t - smears everywhere!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Tried doing my headlight with 1200 it still doesn't look right. I used Megs Plast X to sort it out after. Any tips

sybu5y5a.jpg
ge6ury2a.jpg
a2ajebu8.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tried doing my headlight with 1200 it still doesn't look right. I used Megs Plast X to sort it out after. Any tips

sybu5y5a.jpg
ge6ury2a.jpg
a2ajebu8.jpg

You haven't worked hard enough!

That's a poor effort mate. You need to keep sanding until the finish is uniform over the entire light. The bits that are on your light now are bits that you haven't sanded properly.

Basically, you've done a s**t job.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As Dan said you needed to spend more time on the sanding and making sure all the haziness and spiders webs are gone, I'd be working up the grades a bit aswell, It'll make the polishing stages easier.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You certainly don't need 1200 grit for those headlights. Use a milder sand paper and put more effort in
Addicted why did you use tripple when they said hand polish it? Tripple certainly isn't going to touch a quartz coating, even one that hasn't cured properly as tripple isn't a true polish. Did you not have a proper compound to use?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Either I'm doing something wrong or Ultra Glaze is very poor at masking swirls, Cannot tell the difference between untouched, 1 pass and 2 passes.

Do I abandon UG and continue with AM Details Glaze sample?

RB182
Re: The Stupid Car Cleaning/Detailing Questions Thread..

The williams F1 ceramic coating is quite good only if applied proply tho not rushed by someone who doesn't care about the car still tho dont agree with the lifetime guarantee lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Called it a night at about halfway around, Put a layer of DJ Purple Haze Pro over the areas I'd Glazed just in case the weather turns overnight.

Doesn't seem to be filling many light swirls but nevermind, I'll actually get round to correcting it fully one day.

Progress pic -

tu3e7uzy.jpg

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
How much do people generally charge for a full detail?

We've just registered her Lupo GTi here and I said I'd get it detailed for her as a gift as she's been without her 'baby' for so long.

You certainly don't need 1200 grit for those headlights. Use a milder sand paper and put more effort in
Addicted why did you use tripple when they said hand polish it? Tripple certainly isn't going to touch a quartz coating, even one that hasn't cured properly as tripple isn't a true polish. Did you not have a proper compound to use?
Never needed to polish the Clio really it kept its shine well and I had good protection on it :)

I have some AG SRP, presume that would be better or is it dog turd?

As you know thinking of a DA to do it properly, quickly and most importantly easily compared to hand polishing!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
How much do people generally charge for a full detail?

We've just registered her Lupo GTi here and I said I'd get it detailed for her as a gift as she's been without her 'baby' for so long.

Depends really on what you want doing and what products are used.

There's a big difference between a quick polish and wax compared to full decon, paint correction and long last sealants etc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
SRP is no more of a polish than tripple, both are all in one type products with very minor polishing, more of a chemical cleaner. Good filling and glazing oils with a little of its own protection

they are both great for quick touch ups before waxing to cleanse the paint but won't do much else

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Depends really on what you want doing and what products are used.

There's a big difference between a quick polish and wax compared to full decon, paint correction and long last sealants etc.

Id want paint correction and it sealed. No£795 waxes though!