ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diff seal? Ph1 172

My clio is leaking oil it looks to be coming from the Diff/box seal on the O/S as best i can tell leaking from the rubber seal between the diff and the driveshaft extender thingy (Can't remember its proper name), Its not a drip either but not spewing out assuming it is the diff seal is it a easy job?

Did a quick search but could not find much most leaks were the input shaft etc although my searching skills are not great :eek:

Cheers Fred much appreciated,

So remove Shaft, Drain box oil and swap seal over?

Anyone know the correct name / part number looks like i need to ring Renault

Last edited:
Need a bit more advice,

Before ordering the bits i removed the drip tray and cleaned everything up oil defiantely looked to be coming from diff seal so whilst i was under there i pushed the drive shaft in and out pushed the seal etc and as result its no longer leaking :S Been on a few drives and had it on off ramps double checking not a drop.

Is it possible it was not sat in right i changed the springs last month so could have disturbed it then.

I've got a genuine Renault seal spare I can send it today, £7.50 recorded 1st class :)

Can i let you know in a day or two? Don't fancy stripping it down if its fixed itself :)