ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

SQ5
Re: dmallett's titanium ph1

House is nearly done, final bits to do before Xmas. Pop over during the gap!

Finally got the light control panel from a ph2, only took me 4 months :eek:

4B7F81B6-F5B4-4E40-97BF-A74AEE1A546E.jpg

Before
6D9FF2E2-1207-46C6-B170-32553A2B00FC.jpg

And finally fitted!
1EF198F9-EAF2-43C2-95DF-315F5295823E.jpg

I then decided to spray the inlet manifold and fuel rail guard black. It was previously silver and running no slam pannel meant that alot of dirt/water had stained the previously silver parts. Rather than cleaning it I opted for black, which looks much fresher than the silver did IMO. Didnt spray the throttle body as I always worry the paint may work its way into the spring mechanism on it, rather not risk it :)

B4B73F62-840C-4666-A1E2-C2027F7BDF4F.jpg

4CAF9173-A80B-45CC-9622-57DE0DC64AC7.jpg

71635417-407C-45D8-9EB6-9881E526BB51.jpg

Cheers Alex! Tbh i think you quite possibly may approve of this one, i doubt it would quite meet your standards somehow as you are quite the perfectionist and would probably find some over spray somewhere, at least with black its not as noticeable :eek:

Hit a pheasant,

I now need a new grill, new head light, new wing.
The car also needs another drive shaft, oil pressure light and various other bits.
The front end is now held together with a variety of screws and has a few un aligned bits.

Needless to say patience is wearing thin currently

Pheasant damange after, you can see the crack in the grill, just about! My photos keep getting worse i know
847A345E-7E24-4E61-9856-ACD490393503.jpg

However I did fit a working door sensor the other day,
A2B09BB7-8AAD-4779-8346-F68599872746.jpg

I also got given more cleaning gear, that is sat nicely on the my shelf in the garage with the rest of the my stuff that I haven't used in about a year!
0AB32BC5-223C-415F-8EF8-5A493F348253.jpg

Today I decided to remove my passenger seat and swap it for a spare I had, this then left me with a matching pair of seats outside of the car to sell.

After 10minutes I was left with this,
A1F38592-B7BB-4F9D-B631-2D895EFF319F.jpg

Another 10minutes passed and my spare seat was back in,
7DF430C0-F2E1-41E9-8757-179FCAABD918.jpg

Got enough seats? :eek: Also a very rubbish christmas tree!
35D6D78B-6C98-48EB-BD07-D6B5621AD982.jpg

Also got a speedhunters air freshener, smells rather nice :)
1EC3476D-ECF0-495C-91C7-D00B4F92560F.jpg

And a picture of the the car in all its filthy glory!
1F99C379-A5F9-42DD-955D-7C788C1FF529.jpg

Spare seats ready to sell!
E6BEBFB9-CD03-40FA-B3CB-F80A31520CBC.jpg

Bucket seats can be found for sale here, http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-amp-garage-clear-out&p=10023488#post10023488

Not good about the pheasant mate :(

The CS gear stick is cool though :cool:

I know, tbh its ok now but nothing is held together how it should be which has really annoyed me!
And the gear stick is fantastic, really does make a difference when its cold too

Drove the car to the cinema last night, poxy thing was crunching in 2nd gear all the way home, the end is getting closer!

Already! Theres not so many bits on this that I want now lol.

I need one of those hats for my gearstick, hella cold in the mornings.

Thats a shame, your my best customer!

TBH the car owes me very little money after selling so many bits, in its current state it owes me similar to what people pay for a set of turini's. I cant justify spending the money to bring it up to scratch when I can get another with out it owing me any money, thats my theory anyway!

3rd gear has started crunching now, 2nd is now ok :rasp:

In the absence of the works van, today the clio got used to its potential.
52F1849D-9C48-419A-B1DA-179365E08367.jpg

Then it moved this.
7C82EDC9-5D0C-4304-B4D9-E08841545361.jpg

Which is now sitting missing a few bits in the garage.
0F0C6D34-53D4-4CC9-9B17-2BC1FB42B9B9.jpg

Pointless update!

Many.

Whats the story with the engine?

Don't break it either! Get another box/refurb, I'll help! lol

A few years back Steve (old owner of my current car) wrote off another ph1, the engine is out of that. Its sat in his garage since and he asked me I wanted it, so after many months I picked it up yesterday.

Here's my old flamer, my current ph1 and the written off ph1.
IMG_0014.jpg

So im facing a bit of a dilemma,

Do i fix the ph1? (new wings, new grill, gear box, sort rust on rear arch, new driver shaft, steering rack bushes, new track rod ends/tie rod ends and other stuff)
Buy a 182? In good condition minus one scratch, with nowt wrong with it and all new bushes and many other parts.

If i get a 182 I would break the ph1, which owes me very little £ and would pay for the majority of the 182. So financially there is no advantage of doing either.

Im stuck :eek:

Many.

Its you, you'll break it.

Speaking to you yesterday, 182 seems to be the way to go, but more OEM+ than the PH1 daily track car.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Speaking to you yesterday, 182 seems to be the way to go, but more OEM+ than the PH1 daily track car.

Thats breath you wont get back....

This is the 2nd clio you've bought to not strip and ruin. The 182 will be the third.

should have kept the monaco ;)

Good car, not for me. Engine was all top end, soon got boring. If I wanted a vtec I wouldve bought one ;)

Next time im at 519 Dan will no doubt murder me!

The term daily is used very lightly tbh, Ive just topped 1100 miles in the ph1 since August lol.
I would say im getting to old for the track style car, but tbh I do love it. My ph1 just looks so rough its awesome haah

Thats breath you wont get back....

This is the 2nd clio you've bought to not strip and ruin. The 182 will be the third.

This one was already stripped, tbh I planned to make it nice and sell it on but Ive kinda broken it to much lol.
I did state when i first got this I doubt i would have it by xmas, its lasted well!

You know one day i might buy a car and not ruin it?

Many.

Did you ruin the 350?

Ideal world is to keep both, but can understand why you wouldn't want to.

The 350z I didnt ruin.
IMG_0019-2.jpg

I didnt ruin this car tbh, it was similar to how it is now back in the fun days when Steve had his. The flamer I didnt ruin either as that was purposeful, but now I dont seem to do track days there is little point the car being like it is lol.
IMG_0165_zpsb34e6090.jpg

This is turned into me trying to justify myself lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Have you thought about part exchanging your vagina? f**king hell youth! Get the 182. Whinge that its not as raw as a ph1, strip it down, hate it and split it for parts then buy a ph1. Eat, sleep, ruin clios, repeat ;)

Not ruin it. Maybe try a different approach to liking cars, like cleaning stuff or something.

I feel I always go down the same route, I should try be diverse

serious enough? ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Cleaning it? Really? Dave is currently trying my way of running/ruining cars. A healthy mix of everything and very much not a master of any. Too clean= cant use it, too stripped= horrible daily, too standard= missed potential etc etc.

He's coming round to it!

You mean like you just own it in a normal way?

Heres another picture of it, it has no spacers on it currently so looks stupid. Another thing ive recently noticed is rust bubbling on the rear arch, is this a common thing on ph1's now?

DSC_3469_zps4d756f21.jpg