ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do randoms approach you in petrol stations?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
V owners need not apply ;)

Had my first one tonight in over 5 years and 350 fill-ups...

Bit wierd really, he asked about all my track stickers then proceeded to bounce the back of his 15 year old Subaru Justy off the ground as we stood there to show me how much fun it was "round t'bends".

Great.

I was hoping for more tbh, has anyone else had worse?

Chocolate Bar™
i get nothing but s**t when people ask me questions about mine... embarrassing at times

Mini Cooper S sport
No-one yet, although the woman behind the counter at my local Shell (Titchfield) has told me twice what a nice colour it is! The second time she remembered saying it before.

Defintely get lots of stares though, it looks good under the lights :cool: Would love some geek to start talking to me hahaha.

BG182®
I had a few people say they liked the colour of my car, asking what colour it was. Being orange I thought it was pretty obvious to them...durr :)

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
I get more people than I used to. Even had some one in the car infront taking pictures.. Although they could of been recording evidence:S.

Depends on the car really, I had a Lotus Elise and you would get approached all the time. Sadly a few negative comments too.

182 Cup
No such problems in the Clio. Absolutely hated it when I had the Capri - old guys used to flock round it and go all misty eyed, then the enevitable "I remember when...". Even got followed home a couple of times! Nutters.

although mine's a 1.2 (looks just like a 182 though, if not better :rasp:) it does get a lot of stares and i've had a fair few comments on it so far. i know it's not the same but it's nice to know people like what i've done to it - makes me quite proud!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When I was at school my teacher had a brand new willliams! I just happened to pull up behind him now in his crappy dad 4x4 at the petrol station and he almost creamed himself when he saw my 182, so he had a little talk to me about it.

I once had a delivery driving wanking off over my tin o beans when it was parked on the drive. He then asked if I was going to get the "wide arch body kit". Roffle.

Mark HTF do you know how many fill-ups you've done??

White clique
i was in a traffic jam in Croydon when suddenly someone banged and my drivers side window and it was the driver from the audi behind me, he just wanted to get out and tell me he liked my car apparantly and asked a few questions, he was some middle aged loaded looking dude so i dont think he was trying to carjack me! It scared the crap out of my though, i wasnt expecting it.

used to get ppl coming up to me all the time when i had the williams, could be at the petrol station/supermarket/garage etc

so far thats never happened with the 182, but i do still get it with the hybrid trackcar, but being black/orange it stands about abit!

Golf 7R
Yep, nearly everytime i go and wet the car down at the jetwash, and also sometimes when im filling up i get the "nice car" or "what car is it".

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Depends on the car really, I had a Lotus Elise and you would get approached all the time. Sadly a few negative comments too.

About 10 years ago I got chatting to a nice chap with an Elise in a petrol station shop queue (it was in Sale, Sth Manchester).

He was a lovely bloke, middle-aged dentist! Two minutes later I was in his passenger seat and going sideways around roundabouts in the rain! Mint!! :D

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Never get that but I do get a surprising amount of stares which is impressive for a standard car. Although they probably just wanna start on me or something in reality.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a few comments - last one was when a Focus RS owner and me were moaning about the price of super unleaded a few months back. :)

The oddest/most memorable one I've had was at Sainsbury's at Marsh Mills, Plymouth - when I had the Punto GT. Just on my way to head back up north when a modded Punto Sporting came up along side.

It was a middle aged guy who got out and he began to ask loads of questions about the GT. He was thinking of getting one/what differences were there/was it much quicker, etc. We had a good chat and it was nice to get a bit of admiration for the car.

D.

Porsche Boxster987S
i get it every second day. used to like it , now i hate it. Fed up with the same questions :

- Where did you get it resprayed?
- Is it a 3 litre?
- Bet thats hard to keep clean?

:boring:

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
I've got a few on the valver. Once i was filling sprinkler fluid on a gas station, a guy walked past and took a glance at the engine bay. His response was holy s**t that is crammed, and the he wanted to know what engine etc. Another time i had a young guy run around the car looking at the badges. He the told his mates that it was a genuine 135 hp.

In the Dax Rush on the other hand, i get it all the time, when i park it somewhere and return to the car, it is usually quite crowded around it. The questions is actually getting annoying.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah! i had my first on yesterday morning thought it was quite funny actually. guy went on to say he used to have a williams and loved the 1*2's - he was in an astra van though!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Only person i got approaching me was a junkie lookin for some change for his next tenner bag... i politly slapped him and told him to beat it OR ELSE!

:)

ST
Yep, all the time, usually older boys 'so whats i like on fuel', 'do you do track days'...then the mum's 'oh look (insert kids name) thats just like our car', i turn round and see that they're in a 1.2 16v dynamique LOL

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Only had one person approach me to tell me I dropped a tenner on the way out of the petrol station! Was a young bloke aswell, didnt expect it.

S4 Avant
Never had anyone come and ask me about the car at a petrol station.

Tbh I think they'd regret it if they did, cus it's got one hell of a long story behind it.

Get plenty of w*****s who try and glue themselves to my bumper though when I leave.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Get it occasionaly, although its not so much what the car is but more the fact its 8 years old and is in better condition than alot of newer cars.

Had a guy in a 328i ask me "what the f***s under the bonnet mate...?" after a 3 mile bumper hugging chase lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get it all the time in the Mk1.

''Is that a real williams?''

Stupid c*nts.

Its grey. And where does it say williams on it??!

ph1 172
i did in the old Ph1 172... but never in the 182. That must prove something... you decide!?

thats because the ph1's actually look different to a standard clio

i dont really get any attention in my 172 compared to my valver, usually people asking if it was a williams which made me laugh (it was white!)

Qashcow
dont get it at all in the 172, but thats prob because it rarely comes out in day light any more :(

had it all the time in the GTR, but that was mostly 17 years old wanting to hear it and try blag a passenger ride....... because im then going to drive it like i would in Gran turismo or something similar hrmm

A Flamin' Red one
i was in a traffic jam in Croydon when suddenly someone banged and my drivers side window and it was the driver from the audi behind me, he just wanted to get out and tell me he liked my car apparantly and asked a few questions, he was some middle aged loaded looking dude so i dont think he was trying to carjack me! It scared the crap out of my though, i wasnt expecting it.

f**k rolling the windows down in Croydon!