ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do randoms approach you in petrol stations?

Tangoed Works
do get people ask me to wind down the window quite regularly to ask what bhp im running lol. usually after ive given it a lil spank and its left everyone behind.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Only the once at my local shell. A older man and his 20 y/o ish son. Said it was a very nice car then tried to tell me it was the same blue that the subarus came in :rolleyes: made me open the bonnet also. Usually get a few comments on the passing too.

White R26/Stripped Valver
Usually when I park in a public car park I always return to see my car windows being molested. It's usually 'Is this the F1? 'Were the recaro's expensive?' 'What's the insurance like?'

I reply 'Can you leave me alone and stop jizzing on my car.'

RB 182 Cup
I always used to get people ask me if my old naples valver was a williams. And just recently the chap that runs my local Tandoori asked me what sort of Toyota my 182 is!

172 Cup
Usually when I park in a public car park I always return to see my car windows being molested. It's usually 'Is this the F1? 'Were the recaro's expensive?' 'What's the insurance like?'

I reply 'Can you leave me alone and stop jizzing on my car.'

sorry but LOL as if the public ask questions about 'recaros'

jesus christ, im willing to be half of the 'encounters' in this thread did not happen or you live in some really deprived areas ;)

At the end of the day its a french hatchback!!

LY V6 with Recaros
I've never had anyone approach me in a petrol station! Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I don't know! I get loads of comments at work though, I work for a truck rental company, so I get loads of drivers asking about it. I get the odd person comment when I'm out the front washing it too.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've never had anyone approach me in a petrol station! Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I don't know! I get loads of comments at work though, I work for a truck rental company, so I get loads of drivers asking about it. I get the odd person comment when I'm out the front washing it too.

Half the forum would have a comment if they seen you washing it ;)

Renaultsport 200
Had a couple of "nice car" comments at the petrol station.

I once overtook an AA van at a rate of knots and then it became apparent he was following me! I sh1t myself because I thought I was going to get a right telling off.

Turns out he was going to McDonalds for his lunch too, parked next to me and asked me a bunch of questions about it.

Mk2 Clio dci
Normally get people looking at me in disgust when im in my dads range rover. think its mainly because of the bling wheels and exhausts! and the fact im quite young.

Also people ask me how the lpg works, what its like on fuel etc etc.

And once guy told me i must be a drug dealer or a pimp to afford a car like that.

sorry but LOL as if the public ask questions about 'recaros'

jesus christ, im willing to be half of the 'encounters' in this thread did not happen or you live in some really deprived areas ;)

At the end of the day its a french hatchback!!

i agree... i think most of this thread is completely made up tbh.

White clique
f**k rolling the windows down in Croydon!

i know it was a scary moment, i was expecting him to tell me my back tyre was flat, but he looked like a decent chap so the window came down and I let his lyrics flow :D. He had a really nice Audi estate, a new sporty one so he was probably a car enthusiast, and he asked if mine was a cup (even though its red) but at least he was trying!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Had it once, bloke in an RS6 avant when filling up told me the car was nice!
Spoke to him for a second and he had a ph1 172 track car as a weekend toy, nice bloke.

Other than that no-one really looks twice at mine.

182 FF
You will love this one, The till boy at my local shell asked me if it was a bloody derv! even tho i was paying him for a full tank of v-power.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
with my old car (1.0 f reg v dub polo) i was just about to leave the garage after a mot and a bloke started chatting to me about the mpg nd crap like that

i was like its a s**t box i dont care about the mpg i just want it to go

2 months later it was scrapped

+1 at half of this being made up. People getting approached "all the time" etc. WTF?

Pretty sure some of this is just day dreaming. Still, who knows...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
with my old car (1.0 f reg v dub polo) i was just about to leave the garage after a mot and a bloke started chatting to me about the mpg nd crap like that

i was like its a s**t box i dont care about the mpg i just want it to go

2 months later it was scrapped

Thats a really goo.... ZZZzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

99% of the general public will think you're just driving a bog standard Clio and will never have heard of the RenaultSport range, let alone ask you about f**king recaros! LOL

DCi
+1 at half of this being made up. People getting approached "all the time" etc. WTF?

Pretty sure some of this is just day dreaming. Still, who knows...
yeah it's kind of hard to have 2 threads on a forum where one says 'hey dont you hate people coming up to you because of your car'

next to

'hey dont you love the sleeper aspect of the clio'

I can sort of understand it with the williams but not with the 1*2's

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've had it a few times tbh.

the cashier in the petrol station asked me what i had doen to my 182 with bodykits etc... and if i had it resprayed... funnily enough it was a standard RB 182.

then another time in the queue a lady who was driving a new golf gti said she liked the colour of my RB 182.

Had a few comments about the 197 like ''nice car'' etc.

i just see it as general conversation though. nothing more, nothing less.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
yeah it's kind of hard to have 2 threads on a forum where one says 'hey dont you hate people coming up to you because of your car'

next to

'hey dont you love the sleeper aspect of the clio'

I can sort of understand it with the williams but not with the 1*2's

Aye that one went up like a lead balloon eh? lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Never once been asked about my car other than by friends and once by the garage who did the mot for me last year who were just asking what i thought of the car in general and commented that its a tidy, well looked after motor.

Most people think its a bog standard Clio or a boy racer car tbh. Grey wheels, two wheel barrow handles poking out the back. Great car, but hardly oozes appeal to the general public

RB 197 fatty
Iv had my car 4 days now and i got a ''is that the new V6???'' from the local chavs at the shell garage yesterday.

Felt like saying is this spot next to the air and water your new home! they are always there. All in Zetec s's!!!

I know you said V owners need not apply but, had this chav in a petrol station ask me, wicked car man, did you take back seats out yourself, or does it come like that......in chav speak though, was a little hard to understand the t*at.... had to laugh lol ;)

Simon

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Had a couple of "nice car" comments at the petrol station.

I once overtook an AA van at a rate of knots and then it became apparent he was following me! I sh1t myself because I thought I was going to get a right telling off.

Turns out he was going to McDonalds for his lunch too, parked next to me and asked me a bunch of questions about it.

Maybe he was expecting you to break down;)

lol at the slight bitterness towards those who have received compliments!!

I don't think it's bitterness, how could it be considering most of us drive similar cars? No one is denying that the cars can get some attention, but "always" and "all the time"? Jackanory TBH.

Da

Less
I've had it a couple of times. It's usually from young scrote's and the like, from whom you don't want any attention at all!

200 Gordini
I really want a 'nice car' comment from someone that i dont know.

Best i've had is, Filling up, woman pulls up behind, window down and says to the bloke in the car 'must be a drug dealer'. I turned and smiled.

I get more comments in the Elf than the Clio. I suppose you don't see many of them about and nearly everyone's dad or grandad owned one. My son even had someone put a note on the windscreen telling him how nice it is to see an old car so well cared for.

The Clio doesn't even cause a stir.

Static Low
Older guys out walking the dog that stay roundabout..usually have a chat with me when im out washing the car. Get alot of people looking though, mostly younger lads like myself

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive had a few of my brothers friends but not when im out and about

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark HTF do you know how many fill-ups you've done??

106,000 miles, average 300 miles between stops.

Then, take the 106,000 and divide it by 300.

LOL at some of these replies...I've had a few 'stares' before as well, but this was my first proper question.

Hope I don't get another...thought he was going to try following me at one point.