ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - All Cup race car owners - ECU solution

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
To change the ECU has ment you have to rip out all the very expensive Reanultsport loom. Only option was to buy a K-Tec ECU and patch loom and software licence and cable for nearly 2k.!!!

Well im working with doing this plug and play with a DTA and it being half the price of the above solution.!!!!

Anyone interested??

WP_20131212_001.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see why it couldn't run the dash as the dta will stream the required data via Can but not sure how the standard magnetti marelli dash gets its info. That's been the only problem putting cup cars on different ecus, the dash doesn't work, hence having to buy a new display and that's what costs the money. I like the dta stuff as its pretty simple and user friendly, it's what I run in my 182 race car with a race technology dash 2 pro via can.
Russ

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
All i need to get sorted is the same CAN data stream as the MF4 ECU. May not have all the diagnostics but if the basics work then happy days.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Why would anyone pay £2k for the K-tech set up ?? It cost me less than that for a DTA ecu , X dash and new engine wiring loom , it's light years ahead of the standard race car dash , giving all the info you need one one screen

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Why would anyone pay £2k for the K-tech set up ?? It cost me less than that for a DTA ecu , X dash and new engine wiring loom , it's light years ahead of the standard race car dash , giving all the info you need one one screen

absolutely.

with this route you use all existing wiring plug and play for leases than half the price and can upgrade to x dash at a later date.

just need to get it to work lol !

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Good effort Steve, be interested to see how you get on with this.

Clio172cup rally car
Hey Steve how you getting on with this?

Also a bit off topic , hope you don't mind, but I noticed you put up a thread on the British rally forum regarding box oil, I'm in the same predicament, don't no weather to go with the redline or the motul competition 75/140, I'm currently using the millers but I'm just not a 100% confident init :/

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Why you not confident with the millers stuff? Have to say I had no oil issues with my last box but it was a synchro box not a dog sequential.

should be up and running on the rollers next week.

Clio172cup rally car
Why you not confident with the millers stuff? Have to say I had no oil issues with my last box but it was a synchro box not a dog sequential.

should be up and running on the rollers next week.

I used millers in my old box too which was also synchro box with LSD which was fine but after speaking to a few people they think for a sequential it won't be up too much at prolonging the life of the dog rings and gear teeth at high temps. During service at the rally it was like water coming out the box, im going to used a 75/140 instead, I'm sure renault recommend the redline heavy duty shockproof oil for the group n dog box.

So have you managed to get the ecu to work with the dash now?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I used millers in my old box too which was also synchro box with LSD which was fine but after speaking to a few people they think for a sequential it won't be up too much at prolonging the life of the dog rings and gear teeth at high temps. During service at the rally it was like water coming out the box, im going to used a 75/140 instead, I'm sure renault recommend the redline heavy duty shockproof oil for the group n dog box.

So have you managed to get the ecu to work with the dash now?

You have to replace it every event. I head the shockproof is recommended so may switch to this after is run in and shakedown complete.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Maybe he just wants to check you are telling the truth so that if you arent he can post about what good value 2 grand is from ktec again? lol

LoL no diagnostics but can view all the inputs etc. its one benifit for working for one the the biggest controls company in the world. They said it wasnt very difficult matching the CAM datastream of the MM.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Maybe he just wants to check you are telling the truth so that if you arent he can post about what good value 2 grand is from ktec again? lol

:lolup:

LoL no diagnostics but can view all the inputs etc. its one benifit for working for one the the biggest controls company in the world. They said it wasnt very difficult matching the CAM datastream of the MM.

Good effort Steve.

Must be satisfying to know that you did all that by yourself. ;)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I will be very interested in this once its fully up and running, im happy to change the dash to a Race Technology item just as Russ Rallye.

how far off do you think you are from a fully completed and sellable setup?

Why do you want a patch lead do you have a cup racer?
Didnt' realise people weren't allowed to take an interest in things that are happening on the forum. Do I have a Cup Racer; no. Do I know people that do who may be interested; yes. You've said you've got it all working, so I would say asking to see it is a fair request.

Chip, Do you know much/anything about what is involved with getting the ECU running the standard dash? If not, why do you insist on commenting on things like this? It's clear you either didn't read my posts in the other thread, maybe didn't understand them, or are just choosing to ignore what I actually wrote and are trying to just use it as another opportunity to get in some "bashing" of other personnel/tuners. You're becoming very predictable and rather boring, it has to be said.

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Didnt' realise people weren't allowed to take an interest in things that are happening on the forum. Do I have a Cup Racer; no. Do I know people that do who may be interested; yes. You've said you've got it all working, so I would say asking to see it is a fair request.

Chip, Do you know much/anything about what is involved with getting the ECU running the standard dash? If not, why do you insist on commenting on things like this? It's clear you either didn't read my posts in the other thread, maybe didn't understand them, or are just choosing to ignore what I actually wrote and are trying to just use it as another opportunity to get in some "bashing" of other personnel/tuners. You're becoming very predictable and rather boring, it has to be said.

To answer your comments, im not in the business on making loads of money and profitearing, just helpping fellow competition car owners which is the core of forum values. Quite frankly the way you come across i wouldnt sell you one anyways......If any of your friends do compete in a cup racer and interested send them my details and pm me.

Regards to Chips comments, i think you have clearly demonstrated a narrow minded view which is both tedious and lacking in technical understanding.

Good day

Hopefully back on topic.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I will be very interested in this once its fully up and running, im happy to change the dash to a Race Technology item just as @Russ Rallye .

how far off do you think you are from a fully completed and sellable setup?

Next month (prob March) i will work on some packages after i get the rallycar sorted. Will be less than half the price of the K-Tech solution with a better ECU and no tie in (extra cost and inconvienience) with mapping etc.