ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got my 172!

Hi anyone,

After months of trouble selling my 1.2 16V Clio I have got my hands on the Mk1 172!! I am well chuffed. I bought it from my supervisor at work and its more or less immaculate save for some annoying rattles, a dodgy mid silencer and the occasional stonechip.

I was quite worried that I would wrap it round a lamp post on my first go but its not too bad..infact now I am beginning to wonder if its fast enough! Its quick but doesnt feel as powerful as the vectra GSI I have been in (even though the specs say its faster) - Any suggestions for engine mods to increase my 0-100 speed? Nitrous may be an idea but it always strikes me as a fake acceleration!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

i thought a 1.0 micra was faster than my mums 1.2 clio.. until i actually tested em 0-60

clio won easy. Its just the micra sounded faster and you sit lower to the ground etc. The clio actually beat the micra buy 2-3 seconds.. heh must be a mental thing.

I honestly thought the micra would cream the clio..

Nice job btw for getting a 172 .. hoping to get mine in a few months.