ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First go at Urban exploration - Chalk Quarry

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
well after searching the net and looking at others peoples shots of decaying buildings, old asylums and Hospitals etc etc.. I thought I would give it ago! luckily for this place is down the road and I have full access to it due to parts of the old quarry are used by a local cycling club. This meant no sneaking about and getting moved on by security and allowed me to take my time.

I was hoping for some better weather but had no such luck and had to settle for nice grey clouds :(

I enjoyed myself but unsure wether I want to be chased around by security for the fun of it, there is an old MOD turbine testing plant down the road that I might give ago but its crawling with security but the site is very popular with the urbex type, Only time will see if I end up heading over there.

Anyway the pictures - All shot with Nikon d300s & Sigma 10-20mm

7680498726_71874e5f16_c.jpg

7680500986_d769c78cff_c.jpg

7680496246_ed5d6294c4_c.jpg

7680493746_98014bc344_c.jpg

7680478924_88429b6beb_c.jpg

7680475344_127f370e40_c.jpg

7680477320_6971934d63_c.jpg

7680485878_3aaa1b8e42_c.jpg

7680481610_eda479c110_c.jpg

Clio 172, Pug 106
Pics look great!!!

There are quite a few places local to me id love to explore!!
Apparantly under blackpool tower there are some tunnels leading too the winter gardens.. bet they are cool.
And rumour has it there are shed loads of tunnels under the promenade. Mostly used as storage bunkers in the war etc

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers chaps gonna head there Thursday for another go, Gonna aim to be more creative! Pint message me, You can always tag along.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Get a tripod and a couple of good torches and the outside of that place could look really good (not that it doesn't already) lit up with some selective lighting and long exposures.

A good place to get started, if the MOD site is still owned by the MOD then it is a whole different ball game in regards to trespass and you can be fined/bummed by military police. If it is not owned by the MOD & has a private security firm, then give it a go!!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Get a tripod and a couple of good torches and the outside of that place could look really good (not that it doesn't already) lit up with some selective lighting and long exposures.

A good place to get started, if the MOD site is still owned by the MOD then it is a whole different ball game in regards to trespass and you can be fined/bummed by military police. If it is not owned by the MOD & has a private security firm, then give it a go!!

I did have my my tripod wth my this time round but no torches and also a lack of time. Next time I head up there I will have another go and give it a bash.

Pyestock I think is is ran by a provate security firm I belive I will have to have a wonder in, going to do some research first though!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Pyestock I think is is ran by a provate security firm I belive I will have to have a wonder in, going to do some research first though!

Didn't realise you were talking about Pyestock!!

It is a privately owned site. Your best access is along the fence line. It used to be piss easy but now they are getting better at patrolling it.

When I went they patrolled it in land rovers, you were in buildings and you could hear it driving right past you, skidding to a stop. It certainly made the transition between buildings a little bit more fun!!

I believe they now patrol on foot and with bikes so they can creep up on you.

Hope you have fun in there, it is a rather big place!!

here are my pics from it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39746360@N06/5009859800/in/set-72157624999445484

Didn't realise you were talking about Pyestock!!

It is a privately owned site. Your best access is along the fence line. It used to be piss easy but now they are getting better at patrolling it.

When I went they patrolled it in land rovers, you were in buildings and you could hear it driving right past you, skidding to a stop. It certainly made the transition between buildings a little bit more fun!!

I believe they now patrol on foot and with bikes so they can creep up on you.

Hope you have fun in there, it is a rather big place!!

here are my pics from it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39746360@N06/5009859800/in/set-72157624999445484

I was busted at Pyestock and the Billy Big Bollox security made us sit around and wait for the old bill to turn up, who took about an hour and really could not have given a s**t lol

Made us delete the photos but one Photo Recovery program later and all were saved ;)

Security were on foot and we were in wide open view in the test chamber that had been used in that film that I can't remember the name of lol

The walk right round the outside of the site to get back to the car was a PITA!

Evo 5 RS
Great pics.

Few years back I went to Cane Hill for a bit of a snoop. Fascinated by places like this. Most of it's been destroyed by arson now unfortunately and being re-developed by corporate clowns. Very eery...

1992.jpg

3290153.jpg

4095648391_0cfb6ac85f_z.jpg