ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red DCi 172 Rep.

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Great thread :)

Was interested what a stock non sport would look like on 172 alloys and this has answered my question!

Many.
Looks to be going well Alex! I admire your need to do it properly, hope it's all up and running in no time :)

I wanted climate more than it being a correct sport rep, look inside and you'll see incorrect dials that don't rev high enough!

Had it done that day/next day, all works as it should.

I have you had yours re mapped yet or still running standard? Looking good! Can't belive the work you've put in! Also please come and do my dash! Looks 10000 times smarter then standard!

Still standard, although decatted and no backbox now, deffo quicker now. Loads more work to come! Dash is a pain to do in a rush!

Great thread :)

Was interested what a stock non sport would look like on 172 alloys and this has answered my question!

Glad to be of use!

Quickly, Got a couple of pics with its Frwiends
null_zps62356056.jpg

100_7202_zpse6c2c492.jpg

100_7201_zps2000fbd7.jpg

100_7200_zps1cee2a66.jpg

Will have more to update soon

Many.
Cat isn't required for MOT, don't even need to look like it has a cat. Throw it away!

I'll see about getting a vid, although if you're at the meet at the end of the month, You can hear it then/come for a drive and you'll get a proper idea.

You don't NEED a bit of pipe from where you've cut the backbox off, but it would be silly not to, I ran mine for a day without and the soot made a proper mess, now have a pipe coming out behind bumper pointing down. I do want to do it better one day soon though! Maybe a nice tip through the bumper like most people do on 172's.

Oh really?! Hmmmm, tempted now! Can't make the meet I don't think as I'll be working ): and I was thinking about getting a sniper cat back off a 1.2 as there the same afink? But sorting the zhaust is now another thing before I map it now! New cold feed to the air box and now the zhaust and remap! See what we can squeeze from the ickle thing! Hahaa!

Many.
Oh really?! Hmmmm, tempted now! Can't make the meet I don't think as I'll be working ): and I was thinking about getting a sniper cat back off a 1.2 as there the same afink? But sorting the zhaust is now another thing before I map it now! New cold feed to the air box and now the zhaust and remap! See what we can squeeze from the ickle thing! Hahaa!

I'll try and get a vid then, and don't bother with buying a exhaust off a 1.2 or nowt, the diesels aren't that loud with no exhaust at all tbh. Similar plans to me, although I want a FMIC too, then remapped for power.

alex, yours chucked allot of sutt out?

mine hardly puts any out being straight through. saying that, i have an IC

Bit now and then, Hardly any to write home about. Does need a new air filter, I think that plus some more two stroke oil will clear it, just don't remember to prepair oil for when I fill it up.

IC is the next mod on the list I think, although have some minor ones to do first.

Many.
With the nice weather this morning, and having finished the 172 I rebuilt, I figured it was a good time to give the car a quick wash, fit a replacment skoda splitter and get a couple of pics, nothing special.
null_zps353d1d4d.jpg

null_zpsb1a4daa7.jpg

Plate isn't straight, its velcroed on and I forgot to straighten it :mad:

null_zps6014f0e4.jpg

null_zps010b49e2.jpg

null_zpse5cc0213.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Bit now and then, Hardly any to write home about. Does need a new air filter, I think that plus some more two stroke oil will clear it, just don't remember to prepair oil for when I fill it up.

IC is the next mod on the list I think, although have some minor ones to do first.

tow stroke? is that a way of helping to keep the pump and injectors lubed?

Many.
Its sunny turns so you turn fogs on? Also surprised the plates are correct way up tbh.

ohhh post 182;)

FU on all levels :)

What method did you use to paint the grills mate, are they gloss black

Panel prepped then sprayed with a couple of light coats, They are Satin.

tow stroke? is that a way of helping to keep the pump and injectors lubed?

Yep, google it for mixed views on it, Personally I've tried it in a few common rails and it does seem to improve everything.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
if it helps the injection system and pump outlive my engine then im going to give it a go.

any brand you recommend and whats the dilution ration to our tanks?

Many.
100ml to 20L of diesel, you should be able to work it from that, dont have to put full tank in that way too. Such a small amount it mixes well and you should notice a slighty quieter engine, maybe more mpg and it adds back in the lubrication missing from modern diesel.

You don't need a specfic brand, I had some proper cheap mineral (IIRC has to me mineral too) stuff, but make sure its low ash (most are). I think thats about all.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got some coming Tuesday 5L of comma two stroke low ash.

Just need to reset my valve clearances now as it's ability tappy.

Cheers bud

Report back raz, I might jump on this boat!

Bloody ace work on the climate convert so far, bigger balls than I to do a job like that. I waited to buy one with it in already :)

Many.
Got some coming Tuesday 5L of comma two stroke low ash.

Just need to reset my valve clearances now as it's ability tappy.

Cheers bud

No doubt you'll be impressed.

Thats something I've luckily never touched on this one, Never seen inside the engine, and the longer it stays like that, the better IMO! When I do see inside, it'll be getting some mods.

Report back raz, I might jump on this boat!

Bloody ace work on the climate convert so far, bigger balls than I to do a job like that. I waited to buy one with it in already :)

Well, I fitted aircon earlier this year, and figured this is just a simple case of swapping looms, No bigger job than I've done before, and would happily do it again!
To be fair though, If I had known I was going to do all this to the car, I would have waited for a 100 to come up with all the options, However when I bought the clio Two years ago, I was just after a cheap to run daily beside my other car/motorbike, How things change!

Looking good mate ;)

Cheers very much dude :)

Celica GT for now
Just wanted to say since lurking I've found myself keep coming back to this for updates over the past week since deciding to get a Sport as this looks awesome

Looks properly well looked after too, Nice effort :D

Yes pal! Wheels look the dogs Dangleys!

Will have to get a proper look at this If I get the chance to bump in to you around essex.

Many.
Like!

Do it :)

I am, Done two, just two more to do when I find the time!

Where ddid you get that led screen from and how comes its got renault on?

I converted all the dials etc to LED's myself, and it says renault due to my steering wheel controns on a non standard radio.

Yes pal! Wheels look the dogs Dangleys!

Will have to get a proper look at this If I get the chance to bump in to you around essex.

Cheers dude, Should pop up mine sometime or meet up somewhere.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Such an awesome car.

I'm looking into getting a DCI to save money but all I can find are the 65's in my area! Hopefully I can find a nice flame red 80 and turn it in to an amazing car like yours!

It will feel a tad slow coming from a 182/Civic type-r flol.

Titanium 182
I've read this thread so many times. Been an inspiration to me, makes me want to do the same to my DCI, where did you get the silver DCI bullets from?

Many.
Actually I painted the ones from the car, I figured I'd buy another set if I didn't like it.

I like it as from a distance it looks like a sport, but up close I'm not lying about the tractor engine under the bonnet.

Reko - Cheers buddy :)

Titanium 182
I know how you mean with the engine, it's not the best sounding out there, did you have any trouble fitting the bumpers onto the car or did they fit alright?

Many.
Just like a normal sport, but then the shells are very similar, clearly need wings and all the arch liners etc too.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
So if I was to put on a sports bumper I would need the wings aswell?

Full sport kit is, front bumper with all bits attached, arch liners, wings, side skirts, rear bumper, sport or cup spoiler, xenons, colour coded wing mirrors, side strips and door handles. Interior is obvious.

Very annoying they didn't do as RS in MV632

Titanium 182
Well at the moment I've got the bumpers, skirts, strips and grill sorted. Didn't know I would need the wings aswell

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Going to be giving this two stoke oil thing a go. Pump and injector failure is the only thing I am seriously worried about going on the DCI

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
It's working wonders in mine. Not had one heck up with the two stroke. ( I've gone mineral low ash ) - mercedes owners recommended