ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

172//Crap Micra//Bus
f**k me. They included my interview at 2.52.....:cool:

Looks like this is going to trounce GT5 on the PS3. I seriously doubt that Sony can claw anything back now, really.

Btw, is that one of those Fanatec wheels seen in front of the triple screens? (g33k) :eek:

D.

FAME :D

Le Mans is a very nice touch tbh... looks great!! I still arn't sure bout the Xbox though lol!

FM3_Audi_R8.jpg

FM3_Audi_R8FSI.jpg

FM3_Ferrari_F430.jpg

FM3_Ford_GT%281%29.jpg

FM3_Lambo_LP640.jpg

FM3_SuperCarShootout_1.jpg

FM3_SuperCarShootout_2.jpg

FM3_SuperCarShootout_3.jpg

FM3_SuperCarShootout_4.jpg

FM3_SuperCarShootout_5.jpg

End of October.

Btw the pics you're seeing are from the alpha build so no doubt it'll look better as they go through the beta and onwards, things like reflections, textures, light, hue, saturation, shadows etc will be tweeked.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The graphics quality u see in those screenshots. Will we be able to achieve that in the photo mode or not?

Nippy white cup
I imagine those pics will be the replay mode pics like in PGR where the AA is rampped up but tbh looking at most of the vids the game quality might not be much different imo

All in the games photo mode, as said AA is there so jaggies will be reduced but that's it. Like I say it's Alpha code so looks very promising already I'd be pretty happy if it looks like that let alone with more polishing done.

I'm definitely getting the feeling a week off may be in order if you car to join me Turner, lol.

Been reading a couple of posts on a forum made by the hotlap competition winners who did the Le Mans competition with their feed back on the game. All seem to be saying the weight of the cars is improved and they feel less floaty/on ice, getting the car through a corner needs even more control and you can't muscle 4wd cars through and expect them to stick. On Le mans the crown of the road means on the long straights you need to make adjustments to the steering to keep the car lined up and there is are bumps and imperfectons in the road surface not just the high spots and dips you got in forza 2. All were hyped and couldn't face driving Forza 2 having played what they all felt was a significant move on in physics engine.

197 F1 R27
I'm definitely getting the feeling a week off may be in order if you car to join me Turner, lol.

Been reading a couple of posts on a forum made by the hotlap competition winners who did the Le Mans competition with their feed back on the game. All seem to be saying the weight of the cars is improved and they feel less floaty/on ice, getting the car through a corner needs even more control and you can't muscle 4wd cars through and expect them to stick. On Le mans the crown of the road means on the long straights you need to make adjustments to the steering to keep the car lined up and there is are bumps and imperfectons in the road surface not just the high spots and dips you got in forza 2. All were hyped and couldn't face driving Forza 2 having played what they all felt was a significant move on in physics engine.

Wow.

So exciting.

The thought of playing this with the new wheel and one of those playseats is just going to be nuts! :cool:

http://playseats.biz/

C

Cupster

^ 190 to fail in 3 seconds lol

At least the tyre wall doesn't look like a load of stacked 50p's anymore!

Can't wait for this shizzle!

Revels Mum & Sister
If Hendo and an Chelsea tractor see the light of day then you can garantee we'll all be wheels up scattered across the track with him giggling like a schoolgirl.

LOL I am actually getting hard about this game! I want a Playseat and wheel TBH! Might do it just before then and pray I lose my job so I can spend all day playing this

I've got the cambelt coming up on the car later on in the year but I have to admit I'm desperately trying to work out what I can go without to get the fanatec wheel with clutch and shifter etc that works on the 360 and ps3 along with a playseat to bolt it all to. IR big kid, lol.

Revels Mum & Sister
I was going to ask what is the best wheel for game. I guess that is the one then? How much are they running at? I see the PLayseat is £325. Is there an alternative that is any good and cheaper

Well it's been developed with the 360/Forza 3 so I would imagine it is. I want a G25 as they're proven to be well received but it doesn't work with 360. I'm not about to buy two high end wheels when I can buy one that will work with GT5 and Forza3. It has a sequential + H shifter (dependant on which model IIRC the Turbo S) and a clutch pedal which the MS wheel does not have nor the Logitec wheel that is available for the 360. Consensus of those that have used it so far is it's very good and the FFB works well. I've not read any direct comparisons with the G25 to say how it stacks up against that though.

Nippy white cup
I can well beleive it will be awesome with the wheel but I haven't go the space or spare cash to splash out on a wheel. This game was amazing to start with but as it gets nearer and more improvments/'reviews' come about it is starting to sounds prefect...if they had a hot hatch pack with 205,williams,1*2, 106 etc it would be perfect imo.

Chris

New info
High Rollers hit the Circuit: Sports-Utility Vehicles and Luxury Sports Cars Cruise onto “Forza Motorsport 3”

“Forza Motorsport 3” fans will be treated to a taste of luxury this season, as Turn 10 unleashes new sports cars and introduces Sports-Utility Vehicles that are sure to change up the game. The formidable line-up will hit the circuits when “Forza Motorsport 3” launches this October on Xbox 360.

Typically, SUVs conjure visions of gas guzzling, road hogging hunks of metal that seem to run counter to everything that one pictures when they think of cars in a racing game. However, Turn 10 sees SUVs for their full unbridled potential. From the Range Rover Supercharged to the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, fans will be able to race, ride, tune and create unique designs on the wide open canvasses that the SUV’s provide. Starting with a collection of Sport Luxury SUVs factory engineered as pure performance machines we invite you to take these stealthy, upgradeable and tunable vehicles and transform them into legit racers. Best of all, with the upgraded Livery editor and full color spectrum to choose from, players will have the opportunity to expand their new designs and reflect their inner “Forza” artist on some of the world’s most impressive sport utility vehicles.

New luxury sports cars also join the race. From the BMW M5 to the hand-built, custom tuned Mercedes SL 65 Black Series, “Forza Motorsport 3” will ignite the passion in drivers who crave speed and power combined with luxury style. Included among the entire roster of new SUV’s and sports cars are the following new additions to “Forza Motorsport 3”:

2009 Audi Q7 V12 TDI
2009 BMW X5 xDrive48i
2009 BMW M5 E60
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
2008 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
2009 Jaguar XKR-S
2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2009 Mercedes ML 63 AMG
2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50

Also (Hold on to your load full size Chris) Maple Valley is confirmed for a return in Forza 3!

Revels Mum & Sister
PMSL awesome about the SUV. Some good racing there. Will you be able to roll cars in this game?

And the info run down.
FORZA PITPASS

Forza Pitpass Report: VIP Style
A touch of class in Forza 3.
Turn 10 Staff, 7.13.2009
Welcome to the bi-weekly Forza Pitpass Report, where we celebrate cars and tracks from the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 while strutting screenshots from the game in the process. In our two previous Pitpass Reports, we covered the diverse ends of motorsports with reveals of our Le Mans, Le Sarthe and Bugatti circuits, as well as a handful (and by no means the entirety) of our Japanese production cars and their angry raced-out track-built counterparts in the JGTC. If you haven’t checked ‘em out yet, by all means, get caught up with all the info and then pop over to our media gallery for more eye-candy.

This installment of the Pitpass Report sees a glorious return to a classic Forza original track -- Maple Valley. Called endearingly by our track designers as “Farmer’s Lip,” the Maple Valley shakedown is home to this week’s group of cars we’re calling the Sport Luxuries. These smooth operators aren’t known for their petit weights and agility around a track, but these sedans, coupes, and SUVs compensate with big block muscle and mind-numbing comfort. More importantly, they represent Forza Motorsport 3’s mantra of loving on cars of shapes and sizes. And with our even bigger selection of wheels, upgrades, and livery editor, you’ll never look at a Range Rover in the same way again.

As always, get the details on some of the cars below, and then head over to our Turn 10 blog to post your thought and receive a free unicorn car of our choice!

See you in two weeks.

Sport Luxury SUVs
Typical SUVs conjure visions of a sprawling suburbia dotted with identical houses, the prerequisite mall, and a decidedly lethargic lifestyle. But here at Turn 10, we see SUVs for their full unbridled potential. Starting with a collection of Sport Luxury SUVs factory engineered as pure performance machines we invite you to take these stealthy, upgradeable and tunable vehicles and transform them into legit racers, tuckin’ 24-inch Dubs and pulling Gs that’ll put a smile on the most discriminating soccer mom.

2009 BMW X5 xDrive 4.8i

At 350 horsepower, fans of The Ultimate Driving Machine will have some tuning and upgrades work to do to compete with its SUV brethren in Forza Motorsport 3. At first blush the X5 xDrive 4.8i’s 0-60 of 6.5 seconds impresses, but only against mortal sports cars. In this collection of powerhouses, the X5 in the second half of the field. Yet, the Boys From Bavaria are known for their chassis dynamics and all good drivers know that lap times aren’t measured only in a straight lines. This will be a case where clever suspension upgrades and precision driving will prevail.

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

A romping 390-horse supercharged V8 lays down the law in the Range Rover Sport. The question is how will a company known for its off-road tenacity carving ruts on the expedition trail compete carving apexes on the track? With the slowest 0-60 at 7.2 seconds it’s an uphill climb (sorry, couldn’t help ourselves to the pun). We suggest upping the stock boost of 11.6 psi pulsating into the 4.2-liter V8 and a serious suspension slam. Comfort and performance awaits.

2009 Audi Q7 V12 TDI

There are flagships, and then there are Motherships and the Audi Q7 is the mother of all luxury sport SUVs. This beast is trickle down engineering in action with a variant of the Le Man’s dominating R10 V12 TDI providing the thrust. In the Q7, the 6.0-liter twin turbo diesel pumps out 493 horsepower and a neck-snapping 738 lbs-ft of torque, kicking in at a mere 1,750 rpm. The Q7’s 0-60 performance of 5.5 seconds is third in this grouping, which is admirable considering its goliath 5,743-pound curb weight. Furthermore, the Q7 may be the most wicked-looking SUV on the planet with its chiseled, muscular physique reminiscent of some Austrian-action-hero-turned-governator during his prime. With this kind of baseline, Forza Motorsport 3 tuners should be able to surprise many a super car with a few well-chosen mods.

2009 Mercedes ML63 AMG

The ML63 AMG is the Alpha Male of the group. With a 503-horse, 6.3-liter V8 hand-built in AMG’s white room as its big block, this SUV will drain the adrenal gland of its pilot in record time. Its 4.8-second 0-60 is the quickest of the heavy hitters in Forza Motorsport 3. Add that to AMG’s chassis magic, the ML63’s sleek silhouette and aggressively flared wheel arches and you have a recipe for destruction as the Benz begs for modification on all fronts. Imagine a fully livery-painted ML63 prowling the Nurburgring hunting down European supercars like a Cheetah clawing at the hindquarter of a fleeting Gazelle; nice visual… just be sure you’re not the Gazelle!

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

This hot chili pepper has been pounding the pavement since 2006 in Turbo S trim, where its powered by a twin-turbo 4.8-liter V8 rated at 500 horsepower and 516 lbs-ft of torque. The Turbo S is a scant tenth of second behind the Benz with a 4.9-second 0-60. Beyond pure sprinting ability, the stock suspension, tires and overall psyche of the Cayenne are distinctly on-road. Savvy Forza Motorsport 3 players will use its pavement preference, dial-in to Porsche’s racing legacy, dump the height, drop some righteous mods on this SUV and put the hurt on all takers.

2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50

At first glance, the Touareg certainly looks like the most pedestrian of the group. But it is a donor of frame and doors to its speedier cousin the Cayenne and shares TDI DNA with its Audi in-laws. Like most mutts, the end result is far greater than the sum of the parts. The R50 sports a heady 5.0-liter V10 TDI. The engine produces only 350 horsepower, but has a whopping 627 lbs-ft of stomach-churning torque. Courageous drivers can call on the far-reaching upgrades sandbox of Forza Motorsport 3, its Livery Editor, Auction House and deep tuning garage to incite the spirit Vee-Dub and create the ultimate sleeper.

Sport Luxury Sedans & Coupes
Looking at this collection of sport luxury cars serves as a vivid illustration of how differently American and European automakers approach the segment. It’s Grey Poupon versus BBQ sauce, Primping and Preening versus Pimping and Screaming, smoking jackets versus lettermen jackets… you get the point. Check the chart for a numeric explanation of the true cost of sport luxury performance in the US and across the pond.

Euro Contingent
Avg. Price: $125,000
Avg. HP: 538
$/HP: $232

American Muscle
Avg. Price: $46,600
Avg. HP: 465
$/HP: $100

Yeah, ‘nuff said on that.

EUROPEAN

2009 BMW M5 E60

They say ‘M’ is the most powerful letter on the road and with the M5 as living proof who are we to argue? The M5 may well be the most iconic combination of commuter and race car ever. There aren’t many sedans with V10s under the bonnet and this bruiser knows how to get its 500 horsepower to ground as evidenced by its 4.7-second 0-60. With its no-lift, paddle-shift transmission, Forza players will be able to extract this Bimmer’s maximum effort and drop some super-quick lap times like a sledgehammer on the competition. Let the butt whippin’ begin.

2009 Jaguar XKR-S

Too often Jaguar’s are filed away as Euro Fords but the XKR-S has the worldly credentials to impress in this group. It definitely looks the part and popping the hood reveals this coupe has the bite to back up its bark. A blown 5.0-liter V8 puts 510 ponies, and 4.6-second 0-60 potential under your right foot. Livery-painters should have a field day with the sultry bodylines of this big cat.

2009 Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series

Darth Vader, your car has arrived. The SL65 AMG Black Series is the crowning achievement of Mercedes Benz’s tuning arm. It’s hand-built, one-off 6.0-liter V12 should be hung in a museum as much as from the SL65’s framerails. AMG earned its pay for the week as few cars have the balance of jaw-dropping looks, a menacing stance, flirtatious rumble, 604 horsepower and an earth-pounding 738 lbs-ft of torque to back it all up. A word of caution, 0-60 flashes by in 4.2 seconds so don’t blink when lining up that next turn.

SPORT LUXURY AMERICANO

2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Dubbed the fastest V8-powered production sedan in the world, the Cadillac CTS-V sets the bar high with a 3.9-second 0-60 time. It’s a bipolar combination of leather-clad Cadillac luxury and brutish American supercharged V8 power. Heck, the blower on the 6.2-liter LSA V8 displaces 1.9 liters; about the size of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution’s entire engine. With all that raspy power the CTS-V is truly a beach bully looking for the next 90-pound weakling.

2008 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

The 300C hit the scene as the poor man’s Blingmobile because it looked so much like a big Bentley. It’s still an ‘arm out the window’ Main Street cruiser but its SRT-8 badge opens the door to a darker side. Dropping the infamous Hemi under the hood makes the 300C an instant contender with 425 horsepower and 5.0-second 0-60 acceleration at the ready. Go deep on the tuning menu and the SRT-8 will roll phat and beat the competition flat.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

It’s sad but true: Car models can get it right one year and fall off the side of the earth the next. The now-defunct Pontiac has the G8 GXP, a gem of a sports sedan with roots in Australian road racing under the Holden banner. This four-door barn stormer boasts the legendary LS3 version of Chevy’s small-block V8. Churning a six-speed manual the car’s 425 horsepower can be coaxed to a 4.7-second 0-60. There are all manner of performance parts made for this stout powerplant and plenty of suspension mods to harness the car’s road racing pedigree. Get the combination right and skilled drivers should really open some eyes as the lap times drop.

Punto/Clio GTT
awesome

so much progress in so little time.

how GT5 can justify how long its took compared to this is crazy.

screenshots look amazing.

i dont think ive been more excited for a game since GTA San Andreas

awesome

so much progress in so little time.

how GT5 can justify how long its took compared to this is crazy.

screenshots look amazing.

i dont think ive been more excited for a game since GTA San Andreas

GT5 is rumoured to have twice as many cars and more tracks. But as no info is getting out into the media nobody knows what KY is actually going to punt out. I'm hoping they've made something truely epic in the time they've had but I guess nobody will actually know until someone outside of PD gets their hands on it or at least all the cars tracks and features are announced.

Nippy white cup
Thats the thing tho....if every game took five years + to come out then they would be able to have much more content..imagine if COD4 was allowed twice as much time to make...how many more levels could there have been? It will be the same with FM3 (but not to the same extent) but I forsee the usual 100 versions of the Subaru/Evo/Skyline with the main differences being slight body changes or a different rear spoiler.

Chris

I'm trying to keep an open mind as I'll no doub pick it up on or near to release date. I'm fairly pessamistic that it will deliver going on what we have as evidence so far though. From what I can see it's shaping up to be very one dimensional eye candy.