ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

172 cup
Just seen this tread looking good. My mate has a similar sec car it has the gt3076 turbo on it.His runs 575bhp on the meth but now backed down to 375 atw on pump fuel. his was a demo car for whiteline at one stage in it's life.
78be0964.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, think i remember that car.

Well,
After mucho prep, 2 coats of acid etch primer and 2 coats of satin black, here she is.
Quite pleased as it looks way better than before in my opinion :)
30e27452.jpg

6f9cc534.jpg

ab9a2df6.jpg

df469d6b.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Turbo modded, just needs fully welding.
301278_10150291488158183_652093182_7932531_85965316_n.jpg

Also got the turbo a nice little jacket to keep her warm this winter :D
298895_10150291489863183_652093182_7932547_1304063843_n.jpg

Changed the routing of both the turbo oil feed and the PAS HP line, so these will be remade. Dropped a couple of items at the coaters this morning too.
Getting closer :D
313128_10150291488858183_652093182_7932537_2079447942_n.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Turbos been welded and now fitted along with the downpipe and wastegate. Shortened the inlet hose slightly for better fit. Hopefully get header tank bracket back this week from the coaters and then that can also go on. Oil separator is currently being made. Will size up for the last boost pipe this week too.
My recent pics have been from my iPhone. Here are some new snaps with a real camera lol. So close now its getting frustrating. lol.
turboon21.jpg

turboon20.jpg

turboon22.jpg

turboon19.jpg

turboon8.jpg

turboon10.jpg

turboon9.jpg

turboon13.jpg

turboon8.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust system is completely custom built.

Ceramic coated tubular headers, inconell uppipe and wastegate pipe by T-Logic. Downpipe by X-Workss and the rest of the system was made by simpson race exhausts. The reason for different people making different parts is due to various changes that the car has had over the last 7 years.
Every join is v-band including the turbo as it runs a stainless Tial housing. Theres a 5x7" oval centre race silencer and a 7"dia repackable race silencer at the rear. For a full 3" system shes very very quiet :)

91.5dB static and 87.5dB drive by.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Made up a little loom for the fuel pump relay tonight. Still requires the trigger wire but this can be done on the day. You'll notice the small red Deans plug with fly leads to the pump. This is so I can just unplug the pump and with just one bolt and 2 fuel fittings the whole pump/filter cradle can be removed to get super easy access for changing spark plugs.
c091cab6.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well a little break between showers meant i could get some of this stuff fitted up.
Strut brace back on, oil separator in and final boost pipe in. I need to make up the -10 return line to the oil pan but i didnt fancy getting under the car in the rain. lol
So now the oil cooler and air inlet ducting can be done and the front end can go back on. Lets hope tomorrows weather lets me play :)
Huge thanks to the kind words and support from everyone. :thumb:

Have some pics :)

finalpowder2.jpg

finalpowder24.jpg

finalpowder12.jpg

finalpowder5.jpg

finalpowder17.jpg

finalpowder23.jpg

finalpowder33.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well guys, the Bomber lives.
Big thanks to Simon (JGM) for his time this morning. Shes now equiped with a Syvecs S6 and with a few little issues sorted fired up pretty good.
Our only casualty at present is a dead alternator which is obviously stopping us setting up her base map as the car is just dragging power from the battery. Hopefully a new alternator and we should be good to go.
Engine sounds really nice and is particularly quiet, fuel and oil pressure good too. Its not over till the fat lady sings, but i can sure say that its a huge weight off my mind to hear her running and feels a bit overwhelming to finally be here after 3 years.

http://youtu.be/rwUcpNtfSRc?hd=1

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well i thought id add some pics now shes basically complete.
Did a little refurb on the replacment alternator. Dont worry, just paint and yes i have tested it since lol. Also added the strap to the back of the alternator.
almostthere28.jpg

almostthere29.jpg

Also having owned the car for 7 years, id never got round to buying any bonnet dampers lol. So finally got a set of these.
almostthere25.jpg

And some random shots of the car now she looks like a car once more :)
almostthere1.jpg

almostthere24.jpg

almostthere21.jpg

almostthere13.jpg

almostthere3.jpg

almostthere15.jpg

almostthere34.jpg

Renault 5 Turbo
Frayz, this car is fantastic, i love the attention detail, and the fact you've still retained some of the comfort in the car and not gone completely stripped out :)

Really nice job mate ;)

F56 MINI Cooper S
amazing that it started out completely standard and now is like this, just awesome car. top top work. Like the Prodrive thing on the rear

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love everything about this car. Seriously, there is nothing it needs!

A real credit to you mate. You seem to have thought of everything and covered all bases.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
amazing that it started out completely standard and now is like this, just awesome car. top top work. Like the Prodrive thing on the rear

That'll be her diff gurad mate.

Thanks again guys. Shes almost there. :)

Got all new dampers sat here ready and waiting so should help her stance a little better aswell as her handling. :)