ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There's places to stay in Deepest Essicks you know Matt ;)

Frayz, excellent to see the beast running at last !!!!

Defo need to give me a heads up when this makes it back in at work.. x3934 haha :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
First oil change done and 170 miles later she drives lovely.
Been a busy boy today fitting these. Ride is very compliant but she needs a geometry setup, also need new camber bolts as the tangs broke off the rears :(
Still, she drives fine for guesstimated geomtry lol
299059_10150337328053183_652093182_8204354_1262871541_n.jpg

307677_10150337327768183_652093182_8204351_1101193290_n.jpg

300901_10150337327063183_652093182_8204344_276967569_n.jpg

And before anyone says about my rusty roll bar and mounts, theyre all coming off for powdercoat along with teh rear calipers for a freshen up :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
My rarest find to date,
Ive wanted one of these for years, but Prodrive stopped making them a while ago. Ive managed to finally trace a genuine works S7 WRC carbon vent brand new with the prodrive sticker on it.
Taken years to finally find one, then out of sheer fluke i found this. I cant wait to cut the bonnet for this badboy.
My rarest find to date? I think so! :D
73599d88.jpg

e8113915.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Truely stunning, the best Impreza I've ever seen IMHO.

If I were you though I wouldn't be posting plates on the internet, cars like these are amongst the most likely to get stolen.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
really nice car... whilst your on the subject of plates though...
stick on? and on the bonnet?

i know its to keep it out of the way, intercooler set-up etc etc but surely there's another way

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Gareth, true but everyone knows this car and its plates and has done for about 7 years now mate. No point hiding it now. :(

I'm not trying to be a keyboard warrior or anything mate, I'd just hate to see something happen as you've clearly put a lot of money and effort into this.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Amazing build thread and to think how long you have been working on it you must be very happy.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
really nice car... whilst your on the subject of plates though...
stick on? and on the bonnet?

i know its to keep it out of the way, intercooler set-up etc etc but surely there's another way

Had a smaller plate before mate, but i dont want any unwanted attention from the plod. So large stick on plate, correct font, size, spacing and in view. Ticks the box.

So much want.

Lovely lovely motor you have here!

Cheers :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Love it - get that bonnet cut!

Will do chap, dont worry

I'm not trying to be a keyboard warrior or anything mate, I'd just hate to see something happen as you've clearly put a lot of money and effort into this.

No worries Gareth, i appreciate the concern. Just not much i can do about it now.

Amazing build thread and to think how long you have been working on it you must be very happy.

Yeah, although i'll be happier once shes been dynoed and setup :)

Love it! The only improvement would be blobeye rear lights ;)

Not for me mate, i want to keep the exterior to the S7 tarmac spec car.

Fair enough there is no point putting knock off stuff on it. Was there not an official one that style though? That's what i meant just got the wrong pic :eek:

F56 MINI Cooper S
that wrc spoiler must take aload of bolts to fit even on an STi bootlid, to fit the STi spoiler on the WRX it needs extra holes in the middle (2 each side 2 in the middle) so I'd imagine to keep that heavy thing on it would need even more.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
you doing the full setup with that bonnet vent? like with the "tub" in the bay

No mate. im not running a V-mounted cooler. It will probably just be an open vent with black mesh under it.

Fair enough there is no point putting knock off stuff on it. Was there not an official one that style though? That's what i meant just got the wrong pic :eek:

The 2002 S7 WRC wing wasnt fluted mate. It overhung, so if i were ever to fit one it would look like this.

2002wrc1.jpg