ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frazjam's Ph1 172

Well thought it was about time I updated this again

Over winter I spent a bit of cash and picked up these

hatyna8e.jpg

Fitted them along with a few extra bits

172 cup subframe for extra width
172 cup wishbones for extra castor
Arb polybushes
Wishbones polybushes
Wishbones also had new ball joints
edyje5es.jpg

adabebu5.jpg

Got some PMS top mounts to go with the KWs
azu5aryd.jpg

Definitely needed...
ype2uta2.jpg

Some pics of the KWs fitted
mu6uzata.jpg

sy4yvu4a.jpg

New brakes on the rear as well, calipers came of a cup that I broke

In the engine bay I removed the AC and fitted some lower RS stamped inlets, again came off the cup
ve4ase6e.jpg

uvypy9a2.jpg

Back on the road
byzuraqa.jpg

With clio_stu and arg_carra

a8ysena7.jpg

That's about it!

Last edited:
  Ph1 T
Is the way your bolts to top mounts not correct there then as that's the way mine are fitted too bolt straight through body into top mount?

Looking good btw exactly what I'm planing with the powerflex freshen up tell any difference?

There only a tenner John, and on there website to buy separately I'm just a lazy bam!!

It feels a lot firmer and more responsive, but with pretty much every component in this area being changed its hard to tell how much of a difference they made!

Cup In bits
Getting fook all spent on it now, already spent more than I wanted to so nothing till next winter if its still alive :)

I have some going spare, can sort out a deal with those bits I'm needing from you.

Out of interest how much bigger was the cup subframe compared to your ph1 from wishbone to wishbone hole?

Some of the washers?? Would be ideal if you do!

I never actually measured, forgot to and by the time I remember I had it fitted, I think it's about 5mm a side though! Purely the position of the wishbones holes

Well, since the track session is beginning, I treated myself to new discs and pads.

I didn't need either, it was just want!

So off came the DS2500 and brembo HC.

I ran these all last year, covering 8k and 5 track days! And both still have plenty life, there on the shelf for spares!!

And on went these

ju8ate4a.jpg

New brembo HCs and a set of Carbon Lorraine RC6s

rynapedu.jpg

With the new KWs :D

I went for a 10 minute blast and my god they are amazing!! Saw a couple sparks to start off with, once they have heat in then they are just brilliant! They don't half squeal at low speeds/light braking, but the car gets used at the weekends, and not every weekend so ill happily live with it!

Need to get more IronX on order!!

Ye mine still had loads of life, the ones I bought off you were for spares really, I did fit the rears though! I ended up selling them to sponge as I knew I was going for something I little more aggressive!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
How did you get on tonight seen your car in the pits but never got a chance to have a play on track.
My back tires went off after 2 sessions then my mate put it off backwards at the end of the straight , but was a good night.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip you sold me the wing mirrors :)

I was going to come over and say hi , but ended up out on track alot as my mates 106 only lasted 3 laps then spat a shaft.

Ahhhh I see! Sorry mate I have a truly horrific memory haha! Your car was in at sitech at the time being mapped when you came and got them! How is it? Don't think I'll be keeping up with you on the bodies haha! Car looked good! I can remember letting you past when I was having a cool down before heading in!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thats my second track day this year and its been problem free, some more weight saving and a map tweek for longer trumpets and bigger injectors to come.

Rb 182
Neil's yours was spitting some large flames as johns said, looked lovely out there.

Fras the brakes have more to give you need to brake harder and a little later imo xx

Neil's yours was spitting some large flames as johns said, looked lovely out there.

Fras the brakes have more to give you need to brake harder and a little later imo xx

Your probably right!

Was always lifting off them before a corner so I didn't slow down to much! Hard to judge coming from the DS2500! Hopefully used to it a little more next time!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi

Car looks great and I'm liking the spec you've gone for. I'm thinking about changing to the cup front end. Has it made much of a difference ?