ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friday Afternoon Road-Rage, resulting in 1 x Dented Trophy, a short story...

182 Trophy #333
So I was driving home on my lunch break, nothing out of the ordinary, came off a roundabout and went to merge in, when all of a sudden some white van man quite some distance backl decides to floor it and undertake me whilst flashing his lights beeping and gesturing quite angrily towards me!

So i gave him a beep and the finger back and thought "what a w**ker.." and carried on behind him, all the while swerving around and jabbing on his brakes whilst waving that im a w**nker out the window. we got to a dual carriage way and i went to overtake, at which point he tried to swerve out in front me and stop me overtaking again gesturing and waving at me, needless to say i floored it and got passed him.

Get to another roundabout and the traffic bunches up and hes sitting about a foot off my bumper waving and shouting and swerving and getting as close as he can, gave a few firm jabs on the brake to try and get rid off him on the following straight.

Then some traffic lights, which were red, so i stopped (obviously), and he comes running over screaming at me, not even words, just a the crazed whailings of a man thats recently escaped his local mental asylum, and starts kneeing the door of the Trophy, at which point i was pi$$ed, seriously, as you would be, had a quick look down to see the dent, and said right thats it (with alot more swearing obviously) i want your inurance details, the lights went green, i drove through and pulled over, so he just started screaming again and ran after the car, lent right in and just started punching me repeatedly in the face, i have 2 HUGE bruises, one looks like a golf ball is literally trying to climb out of my forehead.

I called the Police, he got nicked for assault and criminal damage, im left with a dented Trophy, that ill either have to pay for OR attempt to go through the impossible hell that is civil claims court, a massive bruise and HUGE headache. NOT A GOOD AFTERNOON!

Jesus mate! Can't believe he actually stayed while you called the police?

As for the dent, see what a dent guy can do, you'd be surprised at what they can get rid of. Alternatively, go to a bodyshop and sort it yourself. I definitely wouldn't mention it to my insurance.

182 Trophy #333
Jesus mate! Can't believe he actually stayed while you called the police?

As for the dent, see what a dent guy can do, you'd be surprised at what they can get rid of. Alternatively, go to a bodyshop and sort it yourself. I definitely wouldn't mention it to my insurance.

Well i took a photo of his number plate immediately, and said the Police are on their way, to which he responded "fine, they can come, i'll wait, you hit your head on the windscreen anyway when you braked for the traffic lights, thats why you gotta bruise" and continued to smirk all the while until the arrested him! I found his glasses in the footwell of my car to which i submitted as evidence!

Rusty Cup
Claim you cant go back to work,your having flash backs, constant head aches etc. I have a friend who last year got paid £800,000 for less than what happened to you!! he just had the balls to stick it out for as long as it took, dont go to a no win no fee go to a proper lawyer!! do it :)

Black Sheep
unlucky mate. The sort of scum you encountered today, is an all to common situation encountered on our roads today sadly, just the state of this country in general. Atleast you done the right thing. Hope you get your car sorted out of his insurance.

182 Trophy #333
also can't claim the damage on the insurance as his vehicle didnt touch mine, it was him, so its a civil matter!

White clique
part of me feels sorry for you but part of me says serves you right TBH. No one deserves a punch in the face, but its pretty clear you were provoking him with fingers and slamming on brakes. There are nutters out there and its just not worth taking people on. When he undertook you, you could have just backed off, let him in and ignored it.

182 Trophy #333
09092011-1.jpg

09092011-2.jpg

09092011-4.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i am guessing you were in the right hand lane turning left on a roundabout exit with a merge in bit, i hate it when people try that on me but getting out of the car is going too far let alone the dent and the punch!

182 Trophy #333
part of me feels sorry for you but part of me says serves you right TBH. No one deserves a punch in the face, but its pretty clear you were provoking him with fingers and slamming on brakes. There are nutters out there and its just not worth taking people on. When he undertook you, you could have just backed off, let him in and ignored it.

i did back off, and followed him swerving around and slamming his brakes on every 50 yards or so, didnt particularly want to be sat behind a van behaving like a mental case!!

Black Sheep

Well said. Its not easy at all, but from my own encounters with these sort of people. You just have to take a few deep breathes contain the rage and let it go. 10 mins later you look back thinking back " what a stupid c**t I would be if I acted on my emotions" just not worth it. glad you never hit him back. hope you get $$$$

RS6 C7
They will get that dent out no problem, Your head looks bad, i dont bother retaliating to idiots like this as it usually ends bad.

White clique
i did back off, and followed him swerving around and slamming his brakes on every 50 yards or so, didnt particularly want to be sat behind a van behaving like a mental case!!

TBH these things happen in the heat of the moment and i'm sure you regret the whole episode, its just that from your story, you say that he came flying up the inside of you whilst waving wanker signs and beeping for no reason?? Doubt it. After giving him the finger you then overtook him and did brake tests knowing his piss was already boiling.

Like i say, no need for him to get out an punch you at all - but you clearly wound him up, this was not a 1 way event from what i can see!

I do feel sorry for you that its ruined your day, but it could have been avoided i am sure of it.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's always the white van drivers isn't it? Something about having to drive a van for a living instantly makes you into an arse hole.

Ah well, push it for all you've got. Shame you didn't get any witnesses. And at least you've got a good story (and bump on your head as a trophy).

RS6 C7
It's always the white van drivers isn't it? Something about having to drive a van for a living instantly makes you into an arse hole.

Ah well, push it for all you've got. Shame you didn't get any witnesses. And at least you've got a good story (and bump on your head as a trophy).

POOR.

182 Trophy #333

I FORGOT TO MENTION THE WITNESS!! Some chap in a BMW pulled up and said he'd seen the whole thing and the guy was acting like a maniac and that if he didnt stop HE'D give him a kicking, this chap gave me his car and later made a statement at the station!!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I FORGOT TO MENTION THE WITNESS!! Some chap in a BMW pulled up and said he'd seen the whole thing and the guy was acting like a maniac and that if he didnt stop HE'D give him a kicking, this chap gave me his car and later made a statement at the station!!

Excellent! That's some good news at least.

M135i

He gave you his car?? Amazing, I'd happily take a few punches for a free BMW. :rasp:

In all seriousness, he sounds like an absolute nutter, but at least the police are involved now so hopefully he won't get off totally scot-free.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
That's okay mate. I bet that's the concussion talking. Did you get yourself to A&E? I didn't see it in the posts you made. Might be a good idea to get checked out plus it'll get the damaged that he did logged.

182 Trophy #333
That's okay mate. I bet that's the concussion talking. Did you get yourself to A&E? I didn't see it in the posts you made. Might be a good idea to get checked out plus it'll get the damaged that he did logged.

They got an ambulance guy out who checked me out and said i was fine, no signs of concussion etc etc and just told me to get off home and have a cuppa and some dinner!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it wrong that I found this thread amusing? Probably.

Anyway, you should have just stuck your finger up and got on your way. PEople in cars / road rage is a bad idea getting into. I know several people who carry knives/bats etc in their cars. One even has a Stun Gun from america and has used it!!

Too many nutters about nowadays willing to stick a knife into you over a parking space.

I'll have a row with anyone when they're stood in front of me and I can see what they're holding but road rage is a no brainer. Avoid.

Mk1 focus
Did you not do anything back whilst he was plowing into you? Am sure karma will come back and bite his arse or hel start on the wrong person next time he spits his dummy!

182 Trophy #333
Nah I'd already called the police about him kicking the car so thought I'd just let them deal with it, I stopped him from hitting me anymore but if you hit someone back sods law is you get done as well!! Not worth it just let him go to court for it!! They just called me saying he's in court on Thursday and I should get compensation for assault and criminal damage, lets hope so!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Maybe it wasn't road rage? Maybe he was trying to punch that badger off your head?

Brisol my lover..
You guys need to Man up!! I would have knocked this c**t flat out!!! f**k the fancy hand signals and stupid driving you should have gone toe to toe and put the c**t flat on his back!!! Knock out!!!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Not woth it big jts, that kind of action makes you the same as the moron in the first place
A few weeks back 3 young gypsys in a white van were up my arse because i was going slow (60 on a 60) at the bottom of the road our windows went down and one stuck a basey b out the transit window at me, i calmly asked them what they were doing driving the way they were, the responce was that i drive a sports car so should drive fast not slow...after establishing these guys were obvs very intelegent human beings i politely told them their driving would end up causing an accident and is not worth going on like that in life, after a few wise words the lads ended up driving off even saying bye before they went lol, doubt they took any notice of my wise words about road safety but at least i prevented a situation happening with them
They were all young and strelly, the basey b did not scare me which i imagine they thought it would as the skinny lad sharply tucked it back away in the transit.i know for a fact i could of grabbed the bat of him before he could even swing it at me but that kind of retaliation is simply not worth it in life
Someone on my team at work had a relation killed due to road rage and scrapping to then be hit on the head woth a hockey stick and died.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You guys need to Man up!! I would have knocked this c**t flat out!!! f**k the fancy hand signals and stupid driving you should have gone toe to toe and put the c**t flat on his back!!! Knock out!!!

virtua-fighter-5-screenshot-_16.jpg

53 Clio's & counting

Seriously? Having a fight in the middle of the road because someone was beeping at you?

surely there is more important things to be worrying about?

The OP did wind the bloke up a bit, and the bloke stepped over the line - if he had hit him back he could be arrested now for GBH, or in a casket with a f**king big knife hole in his stomach.

It simply isn't worth it - he did 'man up' by not dropping to his level and throwing punches dude.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Deaf ears Russ, deaf ears.

You are talking to Bristol's equivilent to Rambo. But in a suit.