ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friday Afternoon Road-Rage, resulting in 1 x Dented Trophy, a short story...

RB FF 182
Its a brutal story mate - hope there is no permanent damage.

Blazingstoke does have some great roundabouts :)

182 Trophy #333
Its a brutal story mate - hope there is no permanent damage.

Blazingstoke does have some great roundabouts :)

Yea it'll be fine, more annoyed about the death of my cup splitter on monday night!!

And yes, it does have some brilliant roundabouts and quite a few nice corners, can be good fun at the right time!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Nasty story mate hope you get a good result at court, love the CS support youv received too :p

I think your actions may have escalated the situation, but so what, the alternative is to tuck your tail when someone is being a c**t?

Not hitting back was probably a good move too, I work part time as a booty guard (stripper bouncer) so have to be capable, but there has been a couple of occasions when iv been hit and not hit back as sometimes it is the best move, takes a lot of courage too so well done man

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nasty story mate hope you get a good result at court, love the CS support youv received too :p

I think your actions may have escalated the situation, but so what, the alternative is to tuck your tail when someone is being a c**t?

Not hitting back was probably a good move too, I work part time as a booty guard (stripper bouncer) so have to be capable, but there has been a couple of occasions when iv been hit and not hit back as sometimes it is the best move, takes a lot of courage too so well done man

So you get to fight drunk blokes AND perv at sluts???

You have the best job on cliosport.net!!!!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Ha ha ye well it's not as much fun as it sounds, and just the odd job nowadays as I work full time at a children's charity lol

172 cup- suzu rf600r
screw that any time anyones ever went for me at work i wait until they get the first hit in then get stuck inaboot them

Ha ha iv seen that happen to a few guys when i worked in a club (not bouncing) Probably a different sorta job though when I'm looking after the girls it's usually at lodges/houses private parties etc, so it's looking after the girls first an foremost, and anytime iv had problems the friends of the chancers have gotten a hold of them and settled it down, if I went in heavy it would be me vs 20-30 friends :S

It's more a case of just grabbing the odd groping hand or threatening to stop the show etc

It's easy to keep control if you get the people there on side though

172 PH1, S/C EP3
Holy s**t mate, feel for you dude. To be honest i keep a wheel brace under my seat incase something like this happins to me

Hope u get it sorted mate

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Claim you cant go back to work,your having flash backs, constant head aches etc. I have a friend who last year got paid £800,000 for less than what happened to you!! he just had the balls to stick it out for as long as it took, dont go to a no win no fee go to a proper lawyer!! do it :)

^^^ - Please tell me that that above is a typo? :rolleyes:

For the OP, I hope it works out good for you? I've been an utter bellend in the past and been on the giving end of ranting and raving at people who have nearly caused accidents and then try to blame me. In particular a driver who did minor damage to my previous car having ran a red light and argued that he'd been "confused by the rain...". Thankfully, I've only come face to face with Joe Public, but I could easily cross a nutjob willing to stick a knife in me or introduce a 9mm migraine to my forehead. It simply isn't worth it any more.

Hence I'm much calmer (older?) now - and very rarely even use the horn. My last encounter was a mere headlight flash at a woman in a Golf who tried to undertake me as the filter lane closed into my lane. When the motorway opened up and I overtook her, Nora Batty was at the wheel, face scrunched up with fag in gob and giving me the middle finger. I just smiled and carried on to work. Actually made my day that. :)

D.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
im not sure this is a 'hopes it works out for you', but more a 'did it work out for you' as I dug this thread out of the 4month old pile! Just really want to know what happend!!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If the trophy has the auto locking doors, how did he get in? You must of been pretty stupid to open your window to some tink wanting to kill you?

Anyway, after ready the whole thread, I'd also like to know what the outcome was!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I think he unlocked the doors or wound down the window as the guy just dented his car, much the same as I would do!

It's always the white van drivers isn't it? Something about having to drive a van for a living instantly makes you into an arse hole.

Ah well, push it for all you've got. Shame you didn't get any witnesses. And at least you've got a good story (and bump on your head as a trophy).

More likely that builders / plumbers / electricians are mostly ass holes and they just happen to need white vans.

PB Clio 172
so many CS hard men on here ! Like they would of all hit the bloke oh yeah sure they would! Hit him with this that and the other? yeah sure, getting done for GBH is not worth touching anyone for, even if they do hit your car!
you were in the wrong place wrong time it does happen to us and hope you move on and are ok ! :)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I had road rage sometime ago on a motorway, i was traveling in a 44ton lorry with enough gap between me and the car infront for my braking but as i was just passing a designated slip lane on the left a smart arse pulled infront and slammed on his brakes, me being fully loaded also slammed on the brakes but had to swerve to the left to miss him in doing this i almost flattened a car with family in (lucky they swerved aswell) but at the heat of the moment i blasted on the horn and gave the usual wanker sign in doing this he stopped on the hard shoulder :) so me being pissed off that i could have killed someone due to him i also stopped.

Seeing him opening the door and getting out i also got out off the truck and walked towards him shouting that he's a c**t and because of him i almost killed someone just because he missed his turning, he got a punch in but hit my chest so this was the turning point for me so gave a left and a good right punch and he dropped to the floor once he was on the floor i then said he's a dickhead and a pussy and got back in my truck and drove off.
Still havn't heard anything but if anything does come about "self defence" is what i'll be saying.

Thinking back i still would have done the same thing but very easy for him to pull a knife so could have been alot worse.

Maybe it wasn't road rage? Maybe he was trying to punch that badger off your head?
:rofl:

Evo 5 RS
so many CS hard men on here ! Like they would of all hit the bloke oh yeah sure they would! Hit him with this that and the other? yeah sure, getting done for GBH is not worth touching anyone for, even if they do hit your car!
you were in the wrong place wrong time it does happen to us and hope you move on and are ok ! :)

Wrooooong, touch the car and the keys come out and they've got a taste for eye balls

White clique
No typo!! He sat in his room for 4/5 years getting stoned saying he couldnt go to work or sleep as a result of the crash. Everyone thought nothing would come of it then he gets an £800,000 payout!!

Sorry but i think your mate is pulling your leg. There are guidelines for injury payouts in thier basic form (but obviously these are altered when other factors are taken into account). A severe permanent brain damage is upto £220,000 and psychiactric damage ranges between £1k and £60k. I cannot see your mate getting £800,000 i'm afraid.

http://www.first4lawyers.com/compensation-guide/

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I know this is an old thread and i do hope it worked out ok for you.

My thoughts on it are, even though he started it ect you have to just accept there are people like that in the world and its just not worth the hassle, just look at Kenny Noye.
In the other instance if you do retaliate be prepared to follow it through as you never know how far they are willing to go.

I used to just get ahead enough to be able to get out of my car without being caught off guard and then front them, 90% of the time they would drive away doing the hand signs and swearing.

Now i have a child life's to important to me and no matter how wound up and irate i get i just try to suck it up and get to where im going.