ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friday Afternoon Road-Rage, resulting in 1 x Dented Trophy, a short story...

Shhh
Had something similar a few years back, had to out run the nutter to get away from him. Basically involved running a red light and pressing on.

Shortly afterwards once the coast was clear, made a call to the police to report the incident incase of any future police letters about a stripey 182 burning through red lights.

My mums partner got his car kicked in a traffic jam by a cyclist. Dented the door so he jumped out and knocked him clean out in the middle of the road when he got in his face.

He got arrested though so it really is best not to lower yourself to violence.

A good row yes, fists and headbuts, NO

S3 Sportback, Ninja
My mums partner got his car kicked in a traffic jam by a cyclist. Dented the door so he jumped out and knocked him clean out in the middle of the road when he got in his face.

He got arrested though so it really is best not to lower yourself to violence.

A good row yes, fists and headbuts, NO

Lmao!

Black 172
Happened to me once at a merge point where the right lane merges in to the left. I was in the left lane and had already let one car in front of me. A car come steaming up the outside and he tried to bully his way in. After a while of intimidation (I stood my ground) he gave up and went back in behind me, but he nudged the corner of my car as he did so (I suspect deliberately). I was pissed off and I thought "if you want an accident you can f**king have one" so stood on the brakes and bang... he wasn't too happy with the damage to his car and tried getting a fight going by pushing me but I wasn't going to hit him unless I had to. I figured I could get one over on him by playing it smart so I let the 999 call record his threats and was going to let the insurance company deal with the rear end accident, but he calmed down a few days later and paid me cash for my scuffed bumper which I pocketed (I was driving a banger at the time). He was scared of an insurance claim.

I hope I wouldn't do the same again now though. I think when your in your late teens/early 20's its easy to lose control and encourage these things, hormones etc. I run with my dashcam now anyway and I find that keeps a check on my behaviour as much as it does other peoples.

Albi Blue 197
Was it 1 of them 10 year old transit vans that carry all the scrap they find in the back? There all pikeys that drive them! They'd do something like this. saying things like 'i want a fight!' is typical pikey lol! Most transit van drivers are pikeys anyway

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sorry to hear this but wasn't there ANY way a Trophy (of all Clio's) could of got WELL AWAY from a white van man? :S

Bit late for that thought now anyway so hope you get sorted out

Clio 1.2 16v
Clearly you havn't stopped.

Clearly it is partly his fault, if he had done nothing and just drove normally the bloke wouldn't have punched his head in.

Never said I stopped. I just gave up.

First time on in a few months and nothing changes...

This sort of thing happens all the time. I've never had my head punched in for it.

Every time something happens alot of you are quick to say it's the OP's fault.

I'm beginning to think you guys all hate each other or something?

GTiR 394bhp
i am guessing you were in the right hand lane turning left on a roundabout exit with a merge in bit, i hate it when people try that on me but getting out of the car is going too far let alone the dent and the punch!

Thats exactly what its there for.I did a 2 week advanced driving course, instructed by a former traffic cop and this was hammered into us.The problem is, most people think you are just pushing in.

GTiR 394bhp
Im perfectly capable of handling myself i just think fightings for little kids and people with very tiny brains. He swore at me first, he stabbed his brakes first, and was then sat on my bumper as close as he could get, you'd of stabbed your brakes in this situation as well, as most people would. He provoked the situation, not me. And i think my point about brains has just been proved, i think yours may be rather small and lacking in intelligence.

He did it 1st is a pretty childish way of looking at it.You were just as bad on the driving side(brake testing a commercial vehicle which doesn't have the stopping power of a car and usually carrying a load is a bit silly), but obviously you had more sense when it came to the violence.No way did you deserve to get punched but you aren't a totally innocent party in all this.Sounds like he will get what he deserves though.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
lol at some of the responses on this thread. poor bloke gets assaulted and he gets slated for dabbing the brakes when the boy was driving up his arse. give the guy a break ffs!!

Jap Box
Some replies on here are standard, I got a smack a few months ago and didnt retaliate, called the police. Most replies on here were saying why didn't I get out and smack him one etc. Worked in my favour as I won in court and got £125 in compensation plus £60 travelling expenses and los of earnings.

Good luck with it all, there are some right phsycos out there!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
lol at some of the responses on this thread. poor bloke gets assaulted and he gets slated for dabbing the brakes when the boy was driving up his arse. give the guy a break ffs!!

Dabbing the brakes is a dumb thing to do. Just slow down and let them overtake if they're in that much of a rush.

Dabbing the brakes is an invitation to a row. If you can't follow that through, then don't do it. Simple.

As above, you should have just left him. Dont start something you can't finish and you never know who you are messing with. Best to just leave people like that and let them carry on.

On the other hand I hope you are ok :)

Mk5 golf gti
Exactly like I said originally if you can't follow it through then don't rise to it.

Saying you can handle yourself and you don't know what I'm capable of etc etc after posting pics of a van man giving you a dig is enough for me.

Chav comments I find odd, self defence is self defence, I've done Thai boxing since I was little and can control my anger very well and I don't rise to situations like this always, but if he approached my window kicking and banging I would of put him on the floor and drove off.

Like I say learn from it and realise that some people will not just throw a wanker sign and leave it at that.

320d
Not good but you could have done more to avoid the situation I guess.

I don't bother with any form of road rage, no point, I wouldn't do it in the street so I wouldn't do it in a car.

Hope you get it all sorted though dude.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
this place is full of keyboard heros. "i would of decked him etc etc" majority wouldnt say boo to a ghost. give the guy peace.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Dabbing the brakes is a dumb thing to do. Just slow down and let them overtake if they're in that much of a rush.

Did this once, and the guy thought I was pulling over for a fight. Lol

Well done for not retaliating, I doubt I would have that much self restraint.

Find out where he lives and poo in a bag and put it through his letter box. Then set fire to his house. Maybe not the last bit.

renault clio 182
lol at your comment badgerman, i am very well educated thankyou. All i was saying is that if you cant handle yourself which you clearly cant then dont provoke a situation that has the potential to turn violent! He may have been driving like an idiot but by giving him the finger and getting in front of him and dabbing the brakes, your escalating the situation and winding him up even more. Like someone has already said you have no idea who was driving that van and what they are capable of so you should of just let him get on with it, and before you say 'i can handle myself again', you can't, if someone is punching you in the head and your not protecting yourself then you should have never giving it the big one when your behind the wheel and think your safe in your car.

The bloke was a nutter and you probably didnt deserve to get beat, but your actions were the main reason the situation escalated, stop crying about it on cs and move on....

TTRS & V50
Seems a bit of a s**t one, but the dent on the door from a knee will be an easy pull out job, if he used a sharp object however it would be a pull out, fill, smooth and re-spray job.

Claim you cant go back to work,your having flash backs, constant head aches etc. I have a friend who last year got paid £800,000 for less than what happened to you!! he just had the balls to stick it out for as long as it took, dont go to a no win no fee go to a proper lawyer!! do it :)

Why ? Your a wanker, diss-honest people like you and your friend cause our insurance prices to hike. This is a typical english response to the situation.. And then people moan that their insurance has hiked.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
TBH if this happened to you and you knew there was close to a million at stake im pretty sure you would aswel. I know I f**king would

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Reminds me of Banbury. This used to happen a lot to me there (without getting punched), so I would just let them wear themselves out with the swearing and they'd go off up the road.

I would suggest you don't go to Banbury, that place is a hive of knuckledraggers.

MCS R56
What a *****! Best not to get involved in situations like this though and hopefully people just drive off and cool down. There's always going to be idiots out there looking for bother - not worth it.

Laughing at the comments about not being able to handle yourself. There's always someone bigger than you. I agree, don't provoke the situation but thinking that you are invincible will get you in trouble. And the making s**t up to get compensation comment - you need the beating for thinking that. You people are the cancer of society.

Just wondering what happened prior to this situation arrived. Must have been something...

172 cup
My friend is still serving at durham holiday camp for getting out his car at a traffic like argument, quite similar to a scenario above.

Cyclist kicked his door, words were exchanged, cyclist hit first/used a weapon and damaged my mates car- unfortunately when he hit him, he creamed the cyclist breaking his eye socket and nose along with removing a few teeth with just w couple of jabs.

He got absolutely bummed at court even though he was "protecting himself", the cyclist was braying him with a metal bike pump (lol I know) before he finally lost his rag got out and floored him.

As tempting as it may be, never ever get out the car for a tussle it just ain't worth it.

Hopefully the OP wot take to long to recover and the lesson is learned.

2002 clio 172
its best just to say feck off and do the same as not to get to that stage, my relation had a come to with another driver and my relation was used as a bonnet duster!!!

FF182.
If someone is smacking your face and you don't defend yourself then there's something wrong!
Anyway if he started it, self defence which would mean no trouble your way ? no ?

Black Sheep
If someone is smacking your face and you don't defend yourself then there's something wrong!
Anyway if he started it, self defence which would mean no trouble your way ? no ?

Yeah get where you are coming from. The courts in this country are generally on the side of the criminal, ie if someone breaks into your home and trips over your tool box in your darkened hall way and hurts them self. You better be prepared for a letter from under dog claims.

Clio 182 Trophy
Had a similar thing happen to me about a year ago but much happier ending. Got cut up on a by a white transit on a roundabout beeped the horn and the guy goes mental stops in the middle of the roundabout jumps out and comes running over to my car. As it is summer the window is down and he starts screaming at me telling me he is goning to kill me, at this point my dog who was sleeping on the back seat wakes up a bit pissed off about being woken up by someone shouting as his owner. Monty is 6 stone of dobermann normaly very calm and soft but when he is unhappy he dosn't mind showing it, I think the bloke actualy s**t himself as he was walking funny on the way back to his van.:)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I remember some guy on here was saying a similar story about a guy in a white van (common theme, being cincical, could have been another vehicle), but when the guy came over screaming after pulling over, he just decked him as he felt the white van driver was going for him, and the white van guy went down. I enjoyed that story.

V70 d5 beast
nice read as for defending your self how about carring some pepper spray? lol they cant hit if they can see lol then quick get away lol

172 cup
lol england sounds like a s**t hole

You what? Don't be so soft between the ears.

I had a screwdriver stuck to my neck off a 10 year old in Blantyre, chased through Glasgow with a broken Lambrini bottle and had my car door kicked in to.

Scotland's a beautiful country, just a couple of dodgy neds here and there- same as England.

182 Trophy #333
Any updates on this? Had a day in court yet?

should be in court on thursday mate, dent guys coming on the 27th to pop out that dent a few others ive acquired from parking in the student carpark at work! Although managed to snag my front splitter reversing out of the lockup driveway last night and now its 3 pieces,only one of which is attached to the car, DOH!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
You what? Don't be so soft between the ears.

I had a screwdriver stuck to my neck off a 10 year old in Blantyre, chased through Glasgow with a broken Lambrini bottle and had my car door kicked in to.

Scotland's a beautiful country, just a couple of dodgy neds here and there- same as England.

2917986747_8f76ec0ef1.jpg