ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

8unujy3e.jpg

I have been undecided on brakes for a little while and these 197 Brembo's popped up for a reasonable price.

These should be an improvement on the standard callipers and depending on how well they take abuse I might stick with them!

8unujy3e.jpg

I have been undecided on brakes for a little while and these 197 Brembo's popped up for a reasonable price.

These should be an improvement on the standard callipers and depending on how well they take abuse I might stick with them!

That's the set up I'm going with on mine but 300mm getting brackets made up just now

Countryman JCW
Looks lovely George, glad you went down the Turbo route!

Question for Ben... why do you miss yours?? is it because youve sorn'd it or something? as i know you wouldnt have sold it !!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nice wheels, you selling them ;)

Rossy, as pm'd mate, she's just off the road for a year or so pending other projects :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Are they my old Williams wheels you bought off me 6 - 7yrs ago haha?

no mate, lol! sold those a long long time ago (possibly in a galaxy far far away as well)

these were another set from my stock! ;)

Fitted the brembo's today and it went seamlessly :p

They will fit under the williams wheels with 20mm spacers which is excellent news.

Obviously I can't judge the performance yet as the discs and pads are new.

Initial impressions are that the top of the pedal is softer than before (due to the increased size of calliper I assume) but better pedal feel after the initial softness.

They look epic under the williams wheels and fill the standard cup wheels nicely.

Does anyone have a picture of a standard 197/200/r26 brembo of the mounting surface? I wanted to see if mine have been machined - I had some 300mm discs lying round that I tried, with no luck.

Fitted the brembo's today and it went seamlessly :p

They will fit under the williams wheels with 20mm spacers which is excellent news.

Obviously I can't judge the performance yet as the discs and pads are new.

Initial impressions are that the top of the pedal is softer than before (due to the increased size of calliper I assume) but better pedal feel after the initial softness.

They look epic under the williams wheels and fill the standard cup wheels nicely.

Does anyone have a picture of a standard 197/200/r26 brembo of the mounting surface? I wanted to see if mine have been machined - I had some 300mm discs lying round that I tried, with no luck.

To use 280mm discs the calipers have to machined down about 5mm plus the mount will be different

Cup In bits
George you will see n the bottom of the picture the mounting face is essentially flat to fit the 280mm disks where as 300mm are raised. The mounts also need to be 5mm bigger as Wayne says (hi) which gives another 10mm diameter change.

If you really want then large 5mm penny washers and non machined callipers will get you there. I will say though you will never get the 300mm scenic disks or a disk with that offset under a set of 16" wheels without stupid width spacers.

null_zpsb9ed05b7.jpg

Edit: Can you post a picture of your brackets too please for ref as they look to have bolts which is physically impossible done right.

George you will see n the bottom of the picture the mounting face is essentially flat to fit the 280mm disks where as 300mm are raised. The mounts also need to be 5mm bigger as Wayne says (hi) which gives another 10mm diameter change.

If you really want then large 5mm penny washers and non machined callipers will get you there. I will say though you will never get the 300mm scenic disks or a disk with that offset under a set of 16" wheels without stupid width spacers.

null_zpsb9ed05b7.jpg

Edit: Can you post a picture of your brackets too please for ref as they look to have bolts which is physically impossible done right.

Hi enjoying the hot sun?

I'm going to try it with the turinis but got 20mm spacers just in case

Cup In bits
Hi enjoying the hot sun?

I'm going to try it with the turinis but got 20mm spacers just in case

Sure am.

That last post was worded a bit strong, quite a few 16" wheels would fit but spacers are almost a given. My 16" et40 pro race 1.2's needed 10mm to work with 280mm disks which isn't too bad I suppose.

Cup In bits
Yeah they are fine George, they are stud and nuts which is a must for 280mm disks. I'm guessing you have a hole machined through the bracket too?

edit: Sorry George but anyone looking for the same setup contact me as I have a used set that needs shifting.

Sure am.

That last post was worded a bit strong, quite a few 16" wheels would fit but spacers are almost a given. My 16" et40 pro race 1.2's needed 10mm to work with 280mm disks which isn't too bad I suppose.

Good man

I sure I read that they fit with turinis and if it works I'll use the spacers on the ph1 lol

Cup In bits
And also you might want to route the brake hose different to what you have in the first pic or it will rub through. If its 197 hoses you have then they will need a hole drilling in the inner arch and a p-clip fitting to keep them clear of the wheels.

Dint pay attention to how far out the calliper sits.

FE99F26F-F1DB-4B50-9C06-6EC7FAFF4381-3649-00000454ABC294FC_zpsdbb15498.jpg

Last edited: